Thread: Chaos Dwarfs by Rob and Roll

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Chaos Dwarfs (old and new) by Rob and Roll

Hey everyone,

I joined this forum in order to create some painting/project logs and hopefully get inspired by yours. This will be my first thread and will hopefully get me some feedback on this project.

Since the gossip of the Tamurkhan book started last year, I wanted to do my old chaos dwarf mini''s some justice. I have bought most of them in the store years ago and added some stuff over the years through ebay when the prices werent as high as they are now. My painting skills have increased over the years and I figured these little guys deserved more then they had going for them at the time. So I stripped all of the paint and started painting the army all over again. Seeing the cool Forgeworld models and rules, I quickly added some of those miniatures as well. All in all I think I have over 3000 points of these guys, most of which need need painting.

My paint scheme is based on browns and metals simulating leathers and all kinds of metalwork. I use resin bases with a lava theme in order to add some much needed color and shine.

My local gaming friends and I recently started a small campaign, and this will hopefully stimulate me to paint the rest of the army as well. I apologise for any bad picture quality; I use my iPhone as a camera and some free software to touch up.

Enough words...... lets start with some pictures. These pictures are a summary of the rest of the thread.

Forge World Magma Cannon:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6916418823_9a93cfd8d9_b.jpg 
Views:	2769 
Size:	262.3 KB 
ID:	133135

Chaos Dwarf Warriors:

Name:	6916490793_7b1de5883b_b.jpg 
Views:	3450 
Size:	349.9 KB 
ID:	133156

Chaos Dwarf Blunderbusses:

Name:	6795425964_16c4c40a11_b.jpg 
Views:	591 
Size:	259.9 KB 
ID:	133990

Hobgoblin Wolfriders:

Name:	6916489297_82f4ace57d_b.jpg 
Views:	1038 
Size:	360.8 KB 
ID:	133157

I am currently working on a unit of Hobgoblins.

Feel free to comment!
    Last edited by Rob and Roll; 03-03-2012 at 14:56.