Page 1 of 94 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 releases

2012 releases

To help keep the talk about the more general release schedule in one place, and since I've got a little birdy singing, this thread is an attempt to focus all those rumours around what's coming over the rest of the year.

As a start, I've got the following:

Quote Originally Posted by Birdy
    Alright, this is depressing. Really depressing. I thought this was a rumor forum. Well, I scoured the heck out of this grand ol' internet of ours back in December 2011, and I'm going to list off what I have heard is planned for the year of 2012 (surprisingly accurate for the first four months, almost five).

January: Vampire Counts army book (I made this list right when the first VC rumors started hitting, which is actually what made me want to consolidate the rumors that I put stock in)
    February: Vampire models
    March: Tyranid and Space Wolves model waves (I had heard a lof of Space Wolves, Nids and Necrons, and just did put stock in another full Necron wave yet)
    April: Empire army book
    May: Dark Angels or Chaos Codex (obviously I was misled about this one)
    June: Necron wave (off a month, but my May guess probably won't fall into June, because I don't see them releasing a 40K codex a month before 6th ed; so what's coming in June? Fantasy models)
    July: 40K 6th ed
    August: 40K model wave
    September: Warriors of Chaos book
    October: Empire models and Dark Angels or Chaos codex - whichever wasn't released in May (well, the latest rumors - as of 3 months ago since the well is so dry - has this as Chaos)
    November: Hobbit!
    December Warriors of Chaos model wave and 40K model wave

So far, I've only been off by a month for one of the releases. And I'm looking forward to my friends and all the other naysayers eating their words when they find out I've been right about the rest of the year.
    Don't take it as gospel, but rather as a basis for discussion. Now, as they say:

BRING IT ON!

Re: 2012 releases

And as if this wasn't enough, another birdy just gave me this:

Quote Originally Posted by Birdy
    Hey Mate,

Can confirm 100% that 40,000 Starter is slated for September release.
    Already mudding the waters, eh?

I would be equally happy with Warriors of chaos, or the 40k starter in Sept. I'm fine with both at once too.

Does your little birdy, being a flyer himself, have any more information about the upcoming flyers? Or when official information about 6th edition might be forthcoming?

I find it somewhat weird that something as big as a new edition hasn't had any confirmation from GW itself, if the speculated release date is 1,5-2 months away. Was 5th edition also announced this late before its release?

Librarian

Going on Beasts of war's news and the previous release does anyone else think that it could end up looking like this?

June - flyers,
    July - 6th Ed 40K (Would they really just release the rulebook this month and nothing else),
    August- Dark Angels / Chaos?

Quote Originally Posted by RedemptionNL View Post
    Does your little birdy, being a flyer himself, have any more information about the upcoming flyers? Or when official information about 6th edition might be forthcoming?

I find it somewhat weird that something as big as a new edition hasn't had any confirmation from GW itself, if the speculated release date is 1,5-2 months away. Was 5th edition also announced this late before its release?
    No, since I would have posted that in the other thread.

I expect the first "official" word on 6th edition on the backside cover of the next WD - just like we got "confirmation" of Orks for June with this one. So two more weeks to wait.

I'm curious, has every previous boxed set always been released in september? i cant remember myself but it just seems crazy releasing a brand new boxed set aimed at getting new kids interested into the hobby at the end of there holidays and not at the beginning (mid - july)

Am i the only one that belives that for a 25th Aniversary year 40k didnt get much? If we follow this list.

I know it's just a rumour, but I can really see the 40k model wave the month after 6th happening. Wouldn't be surprised at all.
    Soon to be a 7th Edition Dark Eldar player.

Quote Originally Posted by iosu1978 View Post
    Am i the only one that belives that for a 25th Aniversary year 40k didnt get much? If we follow this list.
    Well, we're not even halfway through the year, and the various waves could easily be used to release lots of 40k stuff. I'd like to see them close the gaps in the current models range, such as the Spore and Harpy for the 'Nids, Hydra and Artillery for the IG, etc. Add the already released models and some new stuff like flyers, additional terrain and the Chaos codex + models to that, and we'll have a decent number of kits on our hands this year, especially big ones with the Tyranid MCs, Flyers and possibly terrain.

Quote Originally Posted by Worldeaters View Post
    I'm curious, has every previous boxed set always been released in september? i cant remember myself but it just seems crazy releasing a brand new boxed set aimed at getting new kids interested into the hobby at the end of there holidays and not at the beginning (mid - july)
    In previous editions it's been:
    Fantasy 8th - September (2 months after new edition)
    40K 5th - September (2 months after new edition)
    Fantasy 7th - September (same month as new edition)
    40K 4th - August (1 month before new edition)

So there's a degree of consistency, though not necessarily enough to completely rule out something different this time. But if rumourmancers say September (after a July release of the new edition) I certainly wouldn't argue.
    Last edited by Tymell; 08-05-2012 at 12:45.
    When did GW release something? Was it plastic or metal? Who sculpted it? Come find out:Fantasy, 40K, LOTR, BFG, Blood Bowl, Epic, Inquisitor, Man O' War, Mordheim, Necromunda & Warmaster

My best attempt at a Horus Heresy chronological order! https://rateyourmusic.com/list/Tymel...reading_guide/

I have some trouble imagining any Empire releases in October, given that the entire line is already in plastic or resin. The only thing of note that needs to be done is new knights and as the existing kit just got put into the new battalion box, I don't think there is much hope for that this year.

And 6th in July + September is probably a pretty safe bet.
    As a long-time Goblin player, I can reliably inform you that failure is ALWAYS an option.

Painting Log - Circle Orboros - Warpwolves FTW!
    Terrain Log - Circle Orboros themed terrain for Hordes

Quote Originally Posted by iosu1978 View Post
    You mean, except for 8 Plastic kits until now, 3 - 4 next month, a new Rulebook plus goodies, a new Codex for Chaos and a new Starterset, granting 40k 5/11 Release months? No, not much, definetly.

Again, in a Rulebook release year it is policy to release as few armyspecific things as possible, because a new rulebook is supposed to promote all of 40k. ALL of it. GWs goal is to get every player to start a new army with the new rulebook. The last couple of months was in preperation, trying to patch up as many holes in the product line as possible. If someone decides to start any army except for Tyranids in July, the range for this army will be almost complete. Plus, if we look at Fantasy for comparison, we'll have 3 Codex book per year starting 2013.
    We both read the rumour, day and night,
    but you read black where I read white.

Quote Originally Posted by Scryer in the Darkness View Post
    (After someone claimed he was Phill Kelly) The real Phil Kelly would know how to spell his first name correctly.

Commander

In terms of model releases 40k has had plenty of releases I think what still throws people is the lack of any codex release this year and the possibility (becoming more and more probable) that GW decided that the 25th anniversary of 40k would be a good year to break the 15 year pattern of at least 2 codexes per year......
    Sorry no GW I will not pay twice the $$$ to buy from retail stores in Australia and no amount of adds to the hobby, support you FLGS bulldung is going to change the fact your charging twice as much.

What about the rumor concerning Eldars vs Marines in the new 6th ed. boxed set? Was there any clue confirming/denying it?

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis View Post
    What about the rumor concerning Eldars vs Marines in the new 6th ed. boxed set? Was there any clue confirming/denying it?
    That was mostly debunked some time ago. Starter set is almost confirmed to be Dark Angels vs. Chaos.
    Space Wolves: Making beards and beer fashionable since M30.

Quote Originally Posted by Morkash Gorehowl View Post
    Mhh, I think the Hellcannon is quite fitting. Weak humans have crossbows, only a single shoe and cannons. Serious humans are 8 foot tall, wear hellforged plate armour and have a metal monstrosity with a bound demon inside. Did I mention it fires souls?

Commander

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis View Post
    I think considering that it's already been said to be DA vs Chaos Marines by a couple of the most credible rumourmongers for a while now that the Eldar in the starter rumours persistance is nothing but Eldar player wishlisting at this point.....

But then I firmly believe that just as there will always be some kind of Imperial Marines in the starter the other army will always be one of the less ambigous enemies so no IG, SoB, Tau or Eldar in the starter.
    Last edited by KarlPedder; 08-05-2012 at 12:44.
    Sorry no GW I will not pay twice the $$$ to buy from retail stores in Australia and no amount of adds to the hobby, support you FLGS bulldung is going to change the fact your charging twice as much.

Without a quote this time, but I wanted to note that another birdy has confirmed 40K 6th edition for July.

Chapter Master

Was almost certain of July & September for the 6th edition releases already.

That said, a lot of the original stuff still looks off. The only thing that looks solid is 6th and the hobbit- the december release certainly doesn't; past precedent tends to rule december, and a wave release is much more likely for the following january.
    ----------------------------------
    And lo, the Return!

Quote Originally Posted by Darnok View Post
    Without a quote this time, but I wanted to note that another birdy has confirmed 40K 6th edition for July.
    Does your birdy have an opinion on credibility on the latest batch of 6th edtion rumours, such as snapfire, random charge range, allies and other fantasy/2nd edition shenanigans?

Page 1 of 94 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast