Thread: Bionics and powerweapons in 6th

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Bionics and powerweapons in 6th

Hi,

My BT codex mentions Bionics, which for those that were not around, is a 3rd/4ed mechanic.

With power weapons now having an AP value, would a character in Artificer Armour get the Bionic save against a power sword?

Looking at the RAW I would say yes, but what are your thoughts?

Chapter Master

Re: Bionics and powerweapons in 6th

Quote Originally Posted by Commissar Davis View Post
    With power weapons now having an AP value, would a character in Artificer Armour get the Bionic save against a power sword?
    As written, yes you would.
    I think axes still negate it though - AP2 never allows an armour save.

Chapter Master

its like the old feel no pain rule though in that case, AP2 does allow an armour save for things that are 1+ when it says never allows an armour save it would be things like death or glory, JOTWW,and other things that state no armour save. (ie dangerous terrain used to not allow an armour save)

Interstingly there are several characters around now that have weapons that do not allow armours saves (tycho, straken etc) and are not power weapons

Quote Originally Posted by Narf View Post
    its like the old feel no pain rule though in that case, AP2 does allow an armour save for things that are 1+ when it says never allows an armour save it would be things like death or glory, JOTWW,and other things that state no armour save. (ie dangerous terrain used to not allow an armour save)

Interstingly there are several characters around now that have weapons that do not allow armours saves (tycho, straken etc) and are not power weapons
    So a BT command squad, where each member of the unit can take AA if terminator honours are brought, would be a veritable Death Star as well as a huge point.... investment

Chapter Master

I think it works exactly like FNP, only on a 6+. Not bad for 1 measly point....
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hatl View Post
    ALL SHALL FALL BEFORE THE ENDLESS CRUSADE! HERESY IS WEAKNESS! HUMANITY SHALL PREVAIL, WITH THE EMPROR'S WILL AS ITS STANDARD AND WATCHWORD! ONWARD, MY BROTHERS!

Seriously, if you're such a **** that you need a Chaos god to back you up in any fight you enter you deserve to get murdered. Real men do it by force of their own badass. And don't even get me started on those weak-ass mother **** psyker witch losers.