Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Daemons of Chaos Rumours

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Daemons of Chaos Rumours

In an effort to pull together what few rumours we have …
    I have started threads for each of the armies rumoured to be somewhere in the pipeline.
    I will do my best to keep the first posts updated as more rumours appear in these threads.
    I have tried to remember as much as I can of what has been posted so far.
    I will have missed or forgotten some of it ... so, any rumours that have been posted please just remind me ‘who’ said ‘what’ and I will update this first post.

Daemons of Chaos:

Release Date:
    "The daemon rules should be taken as a stepping stone to the updated book (much like the wd vc terrorgheist article) next 4 books (for both systems are all chaos (in one form or another) and will hit within 4-5 months for all of them". (Hastings).

However there are rumours that a release of models is coming very soon. (Harry)
    Author:
    There are no rumours of a book at all. Just a wave of models. ( Harry)

Rules:
    Army book update sheet/leaflet in next months White Dwarf with new rules and updates.

Models:
    Plastic Plague Bearers. (Erazmus_M_Wattle, manickZe, Harry)
    Finecast screamers ... not the old models. New sculpts. (Erazmus_M_Wattle)
    Some BIG , gribbly monster type thing. (Not a mammoth. Not a Greater Daemon).(Harry) Nurgle specific? (Harry)
    Flying? chariot. (Harry, Erazmus_M_Wattle)
    Herald of Slaanesh on chariot been spotted in warehouses.(Silvertounge)
    Soulgrinders in fantasy. Massive rectangle base. (Erazmuz_M_Wattle) This must be the big thing on a monster base I heard about. I wasn't expecting a soul grinder ... 'Nurgle speciific' was an incorrect assumption. (Harry)

This just in from Rixitotal who has read next months White Dwarf:

"So in next months white dwarf there is going to be a leaflet with updates for Codex daemons and daemons in fantasy.
    Some changes to old units, flamers are now only S4 in fantasy and some units have had point changes. ect.
    Also new units slannesh massive chariot (2D6 +1 impact hits) and other weird chariot thing in 1 kit. the other thing looks and acts kind of like a mobile meat lawnmower. This is in both games and acts like a chariot in 40K.
    Soul grinders are coming to fantasy! has T7 6 wounds and a load of upgrades for its shooting. looks pretty mental.
    The model (40K kit) in the white dwarf and leaflet was on the same base as the giant goblin spider.
    New models for plague bearers (really really nice, some have fly heads)
    Screamers (look similar but with lots of eyes),
    Flamers (similar)
    Nurgalings (looks like a pile of funny little germ monsters you might get in a dish washer advert).

More confirmation of this and some more details from my inbox:

Chariot kit has two builds. One has four daemonettes and a herald called an exalted with a big whip. The other build has the exalted on her own but the chariot is dragging spiked / bladed rollers behind it.

Soul grinders comes on the same base as the Arachnarok spider. Shooting attacks. One attack works like grape shot but can be upgraded. Another works like a stone thrower.

Blue Scribes gets a mini. More Dais than disc.

More confirmation posted by thebitzbarn:

Well it looks Like August new releases are all Daemons.

AUGUST 4th
    Plaguebearers (Plastic) 29.00 USD (10 Man box)
    Screamers (Plastic) 29.75 USD (3 figures)
    Flamers (Plastic) 20.00 USD (3 Figures)
    Seekers Chariot of Slaanesh (Plastic) 29.75 USD (1 Model)
    Nurglings (Plastic) 25.00 USD (3 figures)
    The Blue Scribes (resin) 40.00 USD

Also a relaunch of Old Metal Deamons into Finecast and then on 18th of August a relaunch of Fantasy Beastmen in Finecast

Further Down The road:

All 4 greater Deamons will get plastic kits (with head/weapon options plus wfb/40k specific bits on sprues) and that there will be "resin conversion packs" to make "named greater Deamons". (Hastings) No idea of timescales on this. I am not expecting them to arrive together Or with this wave. (Harry)
    Jes Goodwin is rumoured to be doing the Bloodthirster. (BRING IT ON! ) No timescale for this. (NatTreehouse)

BRING IT ON!
    Last edited by Harry; 16-08-2012 at 19:17.
    Founding father of J.A.D.E.D. Jerks Against Directors Extraordinary Decisions.
    My Project Log "This week I have mostly been painting ...."
    My other log of Vintage stuff: "A Blast from the Past"
    You might also like: "'Ere be Giants"

Re: Daemons of Chaos

That's great news Harry! I have a metal nurgle DOC army in 7th, but just coudldn't bring myself to expand it to 8th. New plastic is always welcome. New rules would be welcome too.
    Maw gazers-2011-2012 Ogre Plog*updated 7/06/12!*

Bugman's upland throng-2010-2011Dwarf slog

Quote Originally Posted by papabearshane View Post
    Great advice! You sir are a true Gentelman and a Drunk

Re: Daemons of Chaos Rumours

So there's both flying chariots for HE and DoC? To me it sounds like we may have misinterpreted Hastings vague statement about a flying chariot then.

Cheers Harry!

It's great to know new daemon units are on the way.

However
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Some BIG gribbly monster type thing. Not a mammoth. Not a Greater daemon. (Harry)
    Is it a new entry or an old one circa Realm of Chaos - e.g. Beast of Kweethul.
    Also fantasy wise is there any chance for Dungeon Blood Bowl revamp?

"We must change, and change, until Change is our Master, for no being, not god, not mortal can catch and hold that which has no form."
    Liber Chaotica, Volume the Fourth: Tzeentch.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDungen View Post
    So there's both flying chariots for HE and DoC? To me it sounds like we may have misinterpreted Hastings vague statement about a flying chariot then.
    Nope. I understood hastings statement just fine.
    This is something else I heard about from a different place.

Quote Originally Posted by VenomBlood View Post
    Is it a new entry or an old one circa Realm of Chaos - e.g. Beast of Kweethul.
    Also fantasy wise is there any chance for Dungeon Blood Bowl revamp?
    Kweethul was just an example of a God you could create yourself in the Realm of Chaos ... he was not an official part of the warhammer world.

I think this is something new.

ah well wishfull thinking i guess =(

ah well wishfull thinking i guess =(
    Try not to panic. A)It may not be as bad as you think. B)You don't have to use it if you don't want to. C)Hastings could have got it wrong (Not likely, but possible) and It may never happen.

Weren't there rumors of new plastics for the 4 Greater daemons next year, with options to make the special character versions?
    "As I've always said, Wes is wise." - Scryer in the Darkness
    "Wes, if you keep this up you'll need to change your name to MajorWiseJanson." - Azzy
    "Many boffins died to bring us this information." - Forgeworld Announcement E-mail
    "Rest assured, Servitor 13 has your best interests at heart. Now let's fire up the lascannons." - GW changes their web privacy policy.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorWesJanson View Post
    Weren't there rumors of new plastics for the 4 Greater daemons next year, with options to make the special character versions?
    Yes ... but I was just recording the rumours which fell within the realms of possibility.

Yes ... but I was just recording the rumours which fell within the realms of possibility.

Yes, because large plastic monstrous creature dual kits with special character options like say, the Swarmlord, or Karl Franz on a Griffon, would never happen... Especially for kits that could be used in two game systems.
    "As I've always said, Wes is wise." - Scryer in the Darkness
    "Wes, if you keep this up you'll need to change your name to MajorWiseJanson." - Azzy
    "Many boffins died to bring us this information." - Forgeworld Announcement E-mail
    "Rest assured, Servitor 13 has your best interests at heart. Now let's fire up the lascannons." - GW changes their web privacy policy.

Yes, because large plastic monstrous creature dual kits with special character options like say, the Swarmlord, or Karl Franz on a Griffon, would never happen... Especially for kits that could be used in two game systems.
    You got a good point. . . Especially thinking that the bloodthirstier is very old and would need a new incarnation.
    Let us pray the dark gods you are right

Quote Originally Posted by miciobello View Post
    You got a good point. . . Especially thinking that the bloodthirstier is very old and would need a new incarnation.
    Let us pray the dark gods you are right
    It is really weird to hear that, because I remember being so excited and awed when they came out. While I'm not first generation, I'm apparently old enough to still be impressed with models that appear old to newer people. But then there are only a handful of models still being made that remain from when I started playing. I have to say, whatever they replaced them with would have to be pretty darn amazing. Those models are still killer.

Someone also said something about a Herald of Slaanesh on chariot having been spotted in warehouses. Yes, I'm being vague because I don't remember who said it or where, so I may be mistaken.

Happyland, in a gumdrop house on Lollipop Lane

Maybe the new Nurgle creature is a Nurgle beast? The current model isn't the best...

Oh I didn't say they were not going to happen .... ever....but all 4...next year! Really?

Quote Originally Posted by Silvertongue View Post
    Someone also said something about a Herald of Slaanesh on chariot having been spotted in warehouses. Yes, I'm being vague because I don't remember who said it or where, so I may be mistaken.
    Vague is what we do best here.
    I shall add it to the first post.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Ultra View Post
    Maybe the new Nurgle creature is a Nurgle beast? The current model isn't the best...
    I believe this is something else.
    Last edited by Harry; 15-07-2012 at 18:59.

You realise you're in the Warhammer Fantasy Rumour forum right, Cheeslord?

Oh I didn't say none of them were going to happen .... ever....but all 4...next year! Really?
    Cause the current metal models weren't released all four at the same time? wait they were.

Cause the current metal models weren't released all four at the same time? wait they were.
    Actually, they weren't--the current metal models were originally released over a period of 2-3 years, I believe (the bloodthirster was last--I remember his release specifically, long after the others, and even that was almost 15 years ago!). Then when Hordes of Chaos was released they were all re-released with different heads (and slightly different other details as well for each model). Then they were re-released again with DoC/CD with both version included.

Edit: here are the original releases
    Bloodthirster: March 1998
    Lord of Change: Dec 1997
    GUO: March 1997
    KoS: Feb 1999
    So my memory was a little off, KoS was last, and it was 2 years exactly, not 2-3 as I originally thought, for the current models to come out (March 1997-Feb 1999 from first to last).
    Last edited by kargie; 12-07-2012 at 16:26.

Ayup, but then a few months later there was a second version of the Great Unclean One with two head variants, and more recently there were FineCast versions of the Bloodthirster and the Lord of Change ...

If anything, Greater Daemon wise, I'd think more in the lines of FineCasting the Great Unclean One and the Keeper of Secrets ...

As for a big gribbly of Nurgle, maybe Ku'Gath, GUO on a Palanquin ? (just tossing an idea here, heard nothing on that front).

But I *did* hear about plastic Plaguebearers too ... just when I'm collecting a Nurgle DoC army
    My log : Fantasy ** Updated 28/07/2015** Master List updated !
    Lorcryst's Sales Thread ** Updated 19/12/2016 ** Updated

Chapter Master

New models is all fine and dandy.
    What's important is that a new book, whenever there is one, is done with integrity and taste.

The current greater demons had re-sculpted heads for the 6th edition hordes of chaos books and were released one each month for 4 months.

Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast