Page 65 of 85 FirstFirst ... 15 55 63 64 65 66 67 75 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,300 of 1690

Thread: Warriors of Chaos Rumours II

Re: Warriors of Chaos Rumours II

Quote Originally Posted by Blkc57 View Post
    As you state Hulk the 0+ armor save does have implications even though a 1 for an armor roll always fails, such as strength modifiers
    I'm confused by this now. I understood the FAQ to mean that you were permitted to take items that would bring your armor save below 1+ in situations where you wanted a benefit from a magic item (such as a Chaos Lord with chaos armor, shield, on a juggernaut who wants the Dragonbane Helm for the ward save) however that it would not actually reduce your armor save below 1+. This would mean that in my Chaos Lord example even though the items stacked to a 0+, he would only benefit from 1+ "worth" of it and therefore a S4 hit would reduce his armor to a 2+, a S5 to a 3+, etc.
    <

Commander

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Dan View Post
    I'm confused by this now. I understood the FAQ to mean that you were permitted to take items that would bring your armor save below 1+ in situations where you wanted a benefit from a magic item (such as a Chaos Lord with chaos armor, shield, on a juggernaut who wants the Dragonbane Helm for the ward save) however that it would not actually reduce your armor save below 1+. This would mean that in my Chaos Lord example even though the items stacked to a 0+, he would only benefit from 1+ "worth" of it and therefore a S4 hit would reduce his armor to a 2+, a S5 to a 3+, etc.
    It has nothing to do with items, it's a special rule in their book as the Eye of the Gods is different from items. Warriors of Chaos have an exception in their army book in that they have a Gift from the Eye of the Gods table that can specifically lower their save to 0+, that overrides any restriction in the main rule book and its FAQ. But they can only do it via that special exception, as its clearly laid out in the army book. Army books always trump main rule book rules.

So in your example, yes, he would only have a 1+ armor save until he kills a character or large beast and manages to roll a 6 on the table and get the iron skin ability, dropping his save to 0+. A strength 4 hit would reduce the armor save from 0+ to 1+, a strength 5 hit would raise it only up to 2+. 1 always fails still.

Again this is why I was curious if they had only the new models in the WD or any new rules to go along with them like a new Eye of the Gods table for the new Warshrine. Of course that would probably have been one of the first things mentioned so I guess I just have to assume the answer is no.
    Last edited by Blkc57; 24-10-2012 at 07:10.
    <

Brother Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Shibboleth View Post
    Hey there Mr Kurl, thanks for the pics. Can we maybe have a scan of that WD cover aswell as the photo? please... :chrome:
    You ask and you shall receive. Also I postet a pic of the new 40k Defence line. Didn't notice that one before.
    <

Thanks for the pics Kurl.

I have one question: Can the jugger champion have magic items, like the knight champ can?
    <

Pics by Kurl Veranek, without bhotobucket, to those who hard at work at the moment
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC08782_zps77660906.jpg 
Views:	2259 
Size:	84.3 KB 
ID:	155715   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC08773_zps55231061.jpg 
Views:	2484 
Size:	84.9 KB 
ID:	155716   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GescanntesBild1_zps5f0de9ad.jpg 
Views:	3151 
Size:	207.4 KB 
ID:	155717   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC08789_zps96cb2729.jpg 
Views:	2100 
Size:	84.2 KB 
ID:	155718   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC08783_zps9610d13e.jpg 
Views:	2173 
Size:	87.0 KB 
ID:	155719  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GescanntesBild_zpsfd42fe70.jpg 
Views:	2364 
Size:	69.3 KB 
ID:	155720   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Scan122970002_zps8a6b9615.jpg 
Views:	2494 
Size:	136.2 KB 
ID:	155721   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Scan122970003_zpse2f2917e.jpg 
Views:	2552 
Size:	119.9 KB 
ID:	155722   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Scan122970004_zps8b6656e1.jpg 
Views:	2687 
Size:	157.7 KB 
ID:	155723   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Scan122970005_zpse7559cb0.jpg 
Views:	2672 
Size:	127.5 KB 
ID:	155724  

"We must change, and change, until Change is our Master, for no being, not god, not mortal can catch and hold that which has no form."
    Liber Chaotica, Volume the Fourth: Tzeentch.

<

Veteran Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Dnic View Post
    Thanks for the pics Kurl.

I have one question: Can the jugger champion have magic items, like the knight champ can?
    The knight champion can't have any magic items. The standard bearer can carry a magic standard up to 50 points thats all.

You probably mean chosen champion. But still, it is an exception which seems unlikely to be applied to a MC champion...
    <

Quote Originally Posted by Not-not-kenny View Post
    Just like many other things in the Chaos model line (and a few others) I think the 'Eavy Metal team makes the models look too busy, but I think a slightly more toned down colour scheme would make for example the warshrine look a lot better than in these pictures.

What, you don't like the disco painting? Bright blue ogres, sparkling white dudes, Bright... her... rainbow everything else? Seriously, after the mibnotaurs, after the savage orcs, these dude manage to make any mini look aweful. They've all been replaced at some point I suppose? I used to look up to them so much at some point, they'd do natural colors, soft transitions, pastel highlights... Now look at that. And people are mocking the red days of 5th ed... Guess they found a whole stash of Mithril paint pots and didn't want them to go to waste.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDungen View Post
    I'd have preferred something closer to the war altar of sigmar (the old one preferably) but if they really wanted a centre piece why not make the thing in the background in this picture, way cooler than what they did, and it has wheels so it makes more sense.
    It's a 40K titan man

Quote Originally Posted by Pariah-Miniatures View Post
    The new khorne and slannesh units are boring. Granted what else could you come up with?
    Well the jugg knights yeah, but the marauders? Look at the savage orcs. Which set looks like they're going fast, which set looks like they're picking their noses. How can they be fine with such poses for the fastest cavalry unit in the game?

Quote Originally Posted by lbecks View Post
    I can't get over the terrible anatomy on Scyla. GW should really have an anatomy seminar for some of their sculptors.
    Anatomy? It's a spawn! It shouldn't even have fricken arms. Spawns should be big masses of tentacles, maws and fangs, like the metal kit we had before the current set. I never liked Scyla, and I don't like the antropomorphic current plastic kit either.
    Last edited by Urgat; 24-10-2012 at 08:21.
    <

Quote Originally Posted by Blkc57 View Post
    It has nothing to do with items, it's a special rule in their book as the Eye of the Gods is different from items. Warriors of Chaos have an exception in their army book in that they have a Gift from the Eye of the Gods table that can specifically lower their save to 0+, that overrides any restriction in the main rule book and its FAQ. But they can only do it via that special exception, as its clearly laid out in the army book. Army books always trump main rule book rules.

So in your example, yes, he would only have a 1+ armor save until he kills a character or large beast and manages to roll a 6 on the table and get the iron skin ability, dropping his save to 0+. A strength 4 hit would reduce the armor save from 0+ to 1+, a strength 5 hit would raise it only up to 2+. 1 always fails still.

Again this is why I was curious if they had only the new models in the WD or any new rules to go along with them like a new Eye of the Gods table for the new Warshrine. Of course that would probably have been one of the first things mentioned so I guess I just have to assume the answer is no.
    The AS FAQ says "items and SPECIAL RULES", so the bonus from warshrine is included, sadly.
    +1 for the question on juggy champ, that could be very important.
    <

Brother Sergeant

sorry Guys no magic items for the champ
    <

It would be unusual for GW to release a model as big as the Warshrine without an alternate build, so I'm curious to what that could be if there's no rules for anything different - yet?
    Maybe there's just load more god specific bits?
    (one can dream . . .)
    <

Commander

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSchnedier View Post
    The AS FAQ says "items and SPECIAL RULES", so the bonus from warshrine is included, sadly.
    The FAQ is not for the WoC army book. Again, The Army book is specific and clear that the iron skin ability can lower you to 0+ armor save. As per page 8 of the main rule book, the army book always takes precedence if a rules conflict exists, such as the army book saying you can go to 0+ with iron skin and the BRB's FAQ saying you can't.

You know I just now noticed in the more high res pictures of Festus that there is some guy kneeling down at his crotch. I spit my coffee at the screen when I saw it, because I thought maybe Festus was engaging in something very very naughty.
    Last edited by Blkc57; 24-10-2012 at 08:17.
    <

The rule says that army books override the core rulebook, not the FAQs. That FAQ is specifically done for rules of the single armies, sorry man, there's no escaping that. I too would have liked lords with 0+ rerollable save
    <

Commander

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSchnedier View Post
    That FAQ is specifically done for rules of the single armies, sorry man, there's no escaping that. I
    The FAQ isn't specifically done for the single armies, it was for the main rule book. I just don't see how it applies to a specific rule clearly spelled out in the army book. If it actually called out that rule in the WoC FAQ I would agree with you, but it doesn't.
    <

It calls out the special rules that improves armor save beyond 1+, as it clearly says.
    <

Hey there Mr Kurl, thanks for the pics. Can we maybe have a scan of that WD cover aswell as the photo? please... :chrome:
    Thankyou muchly Kurl. Very nice.
    Ugly is the new Beautiful
    Lord of Beasts
    O wretched man! For with greatest ruin shall fall the building of his life, because he looketh not to the foundation of Death.
    <

Commander

It calls out the special rules that improves armor save beyond 1+, as it clearly says.
    Only special rules in the BRB, though like Scaly Skin. The Iron Skin in the Eye of the Gods in an entirely different beast for the simply fact that again its a special advanced rule found in the army book. In order for that FAQ to apply they would need to errata the actual WoC book to say "ignore the second part of Iron Skin"

Anyway I've been trying to keep this debate from invading this thread, so if you would love to debate this more (I do love to debate this) we can take it to the appropriate rules forum. To bring the thread back on track, I would like to ask anyone who has seen the WD again if the ysaw anything else in the WD to translate to an update of any rules in the army book, like did they have the rules for the special characters? Or were there only rules for the new Cavalry units?
    Last edited by Blkc57; 24-10-2012 at 08:41.
    <

Thanks for the improved pics.

Looking at them, I like the Slaaneshi riders. Sure, the poses are boring, but the amount of stuff you get seems really good, including a good amount of the greek-style helmets, armoured legs for the riders and some nice shields. Once they get around to redoing the chariot, I'll probably pick up a box of these and use the steeds for the chariots and bitz for other projects.

The Khorne guys also seem like they'll yield a good number of bitz (and the rules are bonkers) and both Valkia and Festus seem good (Festus really needs a non-Orcy paint job, though).

The Warshrine is too many bad ideas randomly stuck together and Scyla looks rubbish as anything other than a Hulk stand-in (painted green).
    As a long-time Goblin player, I can reliably inform you that failure is ALWAYS an option.

Painting Log - Circle Orboros - Warpwolves FTW!
    Terrain Log - Circle Orboros themed terrain for Hordes
    <

What's up with that Nurgle guy? He looks like he ran away from WarmaHordes, haha.
    He doesn't strike me as particularly Nurgly... I prefer that brutal Warrior Champion model from a little while back. Valkia looks nice though, and Scyla is finally big enough to be Scyla.
    The Tabletop Showcase - A new forum dedicated solely to Project Logs and Showcases - Join us now!

The Daniel36 Chronicles - My Project Log
    My Warseer Heroes : JuicyTomatoes - Emperor Norton - Harry - Lord Dan - Ramius4 - Naitsabes - Little Joe - Boreas_NL
    (in no particular order)
    <

Thanks for the pics. That Warshrine is so ugly though. I seriously doubt I'll be buying two of those like I planned too.

The Skullcrushers, Scyla and Valkia look great though. Shame a mono Khorne WoC army is unplayable in WHFB.
    <

Quote Originally Posted by Urgat View Post
    It's a 40K titan man
    Is it? then why is it on the cover of a warhammer only book?

Also this doesn't topple if you kill one of its carriers. i mean there are no examples of any real life culture taking carried platforms to war. Why? cause it doesn't work. fair enough as a mode of transportation but when it comes to war, wheels and steeds is a lot more practical cause if someone kills the horses it just stands still, it doesn't do a three meters (about 10 feet for the American crowd) free fall. Considering that platforms looks to weigh about the same a s a car, consider what'll happen to a car if dropped three meters if it didn't have wheels and springs.

Now i hate to say this cause i'm really not into flying minis but it hovering would make more sense at least it wouldn't fall that thing just begs for a giant come by and give it a kick.
    <

Page 65 of 85 FirstFirst ... 15 55 63 64 65 66 67 75 ... LastLast