Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 526

Thread: New DA rumors

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Librarian Stickmonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Stratton on the Fosse
    Posts
    386

    New DA rumors

    Hello boys and girls,
    I've rested and recovered from the insanity of GDUK, really enjoyed meeting lots of people. If I met you there, cheers.

    Down to business.

    Right now info I have is we will see DA in November, and we can play with them before Christmas.

    From the rules rumor dept I have a few bits, please bear in mind these are only rumors:

    HQ:
    Azrael
    Belial - not needed for deathwing
    Sammael - not needed for ravenwing
    Azmodai
    Ezekiel
    Barakiel - named Techmarine/master of the forge! Note: barakiel is known as Angel of Lightning in references
    Sabrael - guardian of the inner circle, gives bonus to inner circle unit
    Librarian
    Company Master TA option
    Interrogator chaplain
    Command squad ( option to take TA or bikes with Belial or Sammael respectively, and apothecary, standard bearer, 1 heavy weapon)

    Elite:
    Techmarine
    Chaplains (x3 can function independently like sanguinary priests in BA, or form a unit w special rules). Only characters if independent.
    Inner circle unit ( name is not known) tasked with hunting down one enemy unit, special rules for doing so. Can death wing assault, can assault on deep strike. But glass cannon, great in assault, but standard PA so will be easily shot up.
    Brother-interrogators - this unit wears chaplain style death masks, but are not chaplains, they are a specialist unit adept at near range combat, standard armament is dual bolt pistols and power maul. Can upgrade pistols.
    Veterans
    Dreadnought
    Scouts

    Troops:
    Terminators
    Tactical squad
    Ravenwing Bike squad not sure how it differs from ravenwing assault squad.

    FA:
    Ravenwing assault squad
    Ravenwing support squad
    Assault marines
    Ravenclaw air superiority fighter

    Hvy
    Predator
    Whirlwind w flakk options
    Land raider
    Devastator w flakk options
    Dreadnought
    Vindicator

    Rumor is there is something else for the heavy slot too, but no info specific to it.

    Fortifications:
    Siege cannon ( this is supposedly the Techmarine cannon described earlier)
    Battle bunker

    That's enough to chew on for now....might be a few more surprises...and this is still just RUMOR folks...names and all.

    Cheers
    <

  2. #2
    Chapter Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    4,544

    Re: New DA rumors

    Fortifications:
    Siege cannon ( this is supposedly the Techmarine cannon described earlier)
    Battle bunker
    Probably unlikely, as Phil stated fortifications weren't something they planned to tie with codex releases, though the devs have been known to go back on their word.
    Last edited by Scammel; 25-09-2012 at 19:11.
    <

  3. #3
    Chapter Master Zanzibarthefirst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Gateshead, UK
    Posts
    2,603

    Re: New DA rumors

    New fortifications sound interesting. are these exclusive to DA or something everyone can have?

    All in all I really like the sound of what's coming.
    <

  4. #4
    Chapter Master Ozendorph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Mission Viejo
    Posts
    2,128

    Re: New DA rumors

    It'll be interesting to see if any of the other DA named characters (Naaman, Bethor, Saphon) make it in as squad upgrades.

    Elite slots look packed
    Thou art the whisper in the gloom,The hinting tone, the haunting laugh:
    Thou art the adorner of my tomb,The minstrel of mine epitaph. - Lionel Johnson, "The Dark Angel"

    Go home GW you are drunk. - Gingerwerewolf
    For a limited time, you may purchase a downloadable version of the preceding post including typographical corrections, an alternate ending, and a handsome slip case.
    <

  5. #5
    Librarian Stickmonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Stratton on the Fosse
    Posts
    386

    Re: New DA rumors

    Land speeder storm was also in the FA slot, according to sources.

    No mention of excessive plasma-ness in this round.

    Phil did say that. However, there has also been much debate over getting appropriate xenos fortifications into the mix. They have eldar, ork and tyranid terrain just waiting to be produced that I know of. Maybe next summer will be summer of fortifications. :P
    <

  6. #6
    Veteran Sergeant Vektorraum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    146

    Re: New DA rumors

    In terms of new kits, what can we expect?
    Ravenclaw, siege cannon, something like a dreadknight for the heavy slot and perhaps the ravenwing assault squad?
    <

  7. #7

    Re: New DA rumors

    Thanks for all the rumours Stickmonkey. There is plenty there to chew on.

    Definitely seems GW have given the DA's their own unique units.

    Did you hear anything about the rumoured Astartes Battle Fortress over the weekend? I am hoping the Battle Bunker maybe the start of a SM scenery rollout?
    <

  8. #8
    Librarian Stickmonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Stratton on the Fosse
    Posts
    386

    Re: New DA rumors

    Quote Originally Posted by _Chimaera View Post
    Thanks for all the rumours Stickmonkey. There is plenty there to chew on.

    Definitely seems GW have given the DA's their own unique units.

    Did you hear anything about the rumoured Astartes Battle Fortress over the weekend? I am hoping the Battle Bunker maybe the start of a SM scenery rollout?
    The party line is that list is all bogus...which would include your battle fortress. Sorry, no one is changing their stance on this.
    <

  9. #9

    Re: New DA rumors

    Quote Originally Posted by Stickmonkey View Post
    The party line is that list is all bogus...which would include your battle fortress. Sorry, no one is changing their stance on this.
    Cheers for clearing that up. Shame though
    <

  10. #10

    Re: New DA rumors

    Just another question Stickmonkey that you may have heard more on at GD.

    The Chaos release seems to have the first plastic solo mini in the form of the aspiring champion. I really am hoping GW this will go down this route more, especially if they put a couple of options in each pack e.g. couple of heads or a different weapon for variation. Is this plastic release part of a wider plan for 40K and are we likely to see any of the single figures in the DA release in plastic?
    <

  11. #11
    Veteran Sergeant angora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    81

    Re: New DA rumors

    Quote Originally Posted by _Chimaera View Post
    The Chaos release seems to have the first plastic solo mini in the form of the aspiring champion. I really am hoping GW this will go down this route more, especially if they put a couple of options in each pack e.g. couple of heads or a different weapon for variation. Is this plastic release part of a wider plan for 40K and are we likely to see any of the single figures in the DA release in plastic?
    Jes Goodwin is quoted as saying at Aus GD that he can see a time when ALL models are the small sprues with the exception of special characters which would remain finecast. The answer to your question would be yes - I would expect to see some DA stuff in plastic (and probably more than one mini)
    Never interrupt your enemy when he's making a mistake - Napoleon
    <

  12. #12
    Chapter Master Jackmojo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Portland-upon-the-Willamette
    Posts
    1,223

    Re: New DA rumors

    Quote Originally Posted by _Chimaera View Post
    The Chaos release seems to have the first plastic solo mini in the form of the aspiring champion.
    Space Marine Commander and Chaos Terminator Lord?

    Jack

    The rules:
    1) Style over Substance.
    2) Attitude is Everything.
    3) Always take it to the Edge.
    4) Break the Rules.
    <

  13. #13

    Re: New DA rumors

    Quote Originally Posted by Jackmojo View Post
    He was quite clearly refering to the single pose plastic characters on a small sprue in a clam package like GW has been releasing for Fantasy in the past 12 months and not to the poseable and equipable multipart characters in a card box which have been around for a while.
    <

  14. #14
    Chapter Master librerian_samae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    the only county with no motorway...
    Posts
    1,440

    Re: New DA rumors

    Hoping for a bit more to differentiate the DA from other marines to be honest, hope there is a bit more than this.
    Saying that the new stuff does sound rather cool

    My only bugbear is scouts once more being ousted from troops, if they stay elites a hope a good explanation is given this time.
    "every year spring has sprung, but why oh why has it never tangled and broken like a well used slinky?"

    Quote Originally Posted by Chiron View Post
    its in the very rare edition of the bible, along with the line "Its Hammertime" as he gets off the cross and smites Romans...
    <

  15. #15

    Re: New DA rumors

    That always pissed me off.
    <

  16. #16
    Veteran Sergeant
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    140
    Any chance the Storm Talon will be part of the list? And I'm assuming that drop pods will be a standard option? Thinking of starting DA and would like to use some existing but unpainted models.
    <

  17. #17
    Librarian Stickmonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Stratton on the Fosse
    Posts
    386

    Re: New DA rumors

    Quote Originally Posted by Spellfire View Post
    Any chance the Storm Talon will be part of the list? And I'm assuming that drop pods will be a standard option? Thinking of starting DA and would like to use some existing but unpainted models.
    Standard DT are there, Rhino, razorback, and DP. I have conflicting rumors the LR is in as a DT for Terminators.

    Also in discussions at GD, the StormTalon is to remain a Codex Space Marines only vehicle.

    Quote Originally Posted by radical ed View Post
    this all sounds pretty good.

    any word on mixed termi squads? i so cant be arsed pulling off the cyclones from my TH/SS blokes.
    Earlier rumor was mixed squad remained, however, cyclones could only be taken on SB marines. I haven't heard any more on this, that was a while ago, it really could go either way. I wouldn't build any more or tear apart those you have just yet.

    Quote Originally Posted by _Chimaera View Post
    Just another question Stickmonkey that you may have heard more on at GD.

    The Chaos release seems to have the first plastic solo mini in the form of the aspiring champion. I really am hoping GW this will go down this route more, especially if they put a couple of options in each pack e.g. couple of heads or a different weapon for variation. Is this plastic release part of a wider plan for 40K and are we likely to see any of the single figures in the DA release in plastic?
    I have heard, but have very little to back this up that the company master for DA in TA will be a single plastic character blister. It will include some options for loadout but not all, but will be blinged out like the DV termies.
    Last edited by Stickmonkey; 25-09-2012 at 22:10.
    <

  18. #18

    Re: New DA rumors

    Quote Originally Posted by Stickmonkey View Post
    I have heard, but have very little to back this up that the company master for DA in TA will be a single plastic character blister. It will include some options for loadout but not all, but will be blinged out like the DV termies.
    Going on all the previous plastic character releases this would seem very unlikely, because:
    A) None of the previous models have been terminator sized. In fact I think it would require a bigger sprue.
    B) None of the previous models had any options, with the exception of head options on the empire captain and VC wraith, both of which where small models with room left to spare on the sprue. Certainly none of the models had any equipment options.

    To summ up: it sounds to much like wishfull thinking.
    <

  19. #19
    Librarian Stickmonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Stratton on the Fosse
    Posts
    386

    Re: New DA rumors

    Quote Originally Posted by Ultraloth View Post
    Going on all the previous plastic character releases this would seem very unlikely, because:
    A) None of the previous models have been terminator sized. In fact I think it would require a bigger sprue.
    B) None of the previous models had any options, with the exception of head options on the empire captain and VC wraith, both of which where small models with room left to spare on the sprue. Certainly none of the models had any equipment options.

    To summ up: it sounds to much like wishfull thinking.
    The single character sprues have plenty of space on them for options. Look at what is packed onto a character finecast sprue. You have Arjak in a smaller finecast sprue and he's in TA, then you have Draigo with head swaps. I don't find it at all implausible they could have 2-3 weapons, perhaps a sword, a storm bolter or a combi weapon all on the sprue. Also, IIRC there was a single sprue terminator released with WD with the starter release for 5th. Granted, it was just a starter terminator, but it certainly fits in the character sprue sized thoughts.
    <

  20. #20
    Chapter Master dean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    misery... er Missouri, US
    Posts
    1,371

    Re: New DA rumors

    Quote Originally Posted by Stickmonkey View Post
    Right now info I have is we will see DA in November, and we can play with them before Christmas.
    [Checks IMDb.] Hobbit Dec 14th. Not impossible if Hobbit drops in November WD (oct 26th ish) but that seems awful early... [/speculation+logic]
    Quote Originally Posted by TheShadowGuard
    On wings of death they shall ride, to unleash hell and fury from above
    Sons of Johnson shall roll like a tide, in memory of the father and the lord they love
    Ammobunker Plog: "dean's somewhat less rarely updated log" (Deathwing, Cadian and Il-Kaithe)
    Warseer Plog:"dean's rarely updated plog"
    What's that GW? More Dark Angels?... Well if you insist.... (A 2nd battle company started...) What? Chaos resurgent and in the box too? (Long, long delayed 1ksons started)
    <

Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •