Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: New DA rumors

Librarian

Re: New DA rumors

Looking forward to this release, time to dust of my Dark Angels and once again join the hordes of power armoured players :-)
    <

Quote Originally Posted by Huberticus View Post
    Thanks for the rumours
    A quick question Stickmonkey - do you know/have any idea what Barakiel is equipped with?
    The name "Angel of lightning" to me suggests that he's either going to be on a vehicle (bike/speeder) or have a big gun.
    Cheers!
    I had the rumor of a techmarine with a punisher cannon, possible that could be this...

Quote Originally Posted by Beppo1234 View Post
    I hope the flyer actually looks like a flyer... I get this awful feeling that they are going to go a little too abstract with it
    As far as the flyer, recall my source had described its look as a pregnant albatross, so I'm not getting hopes up for anything elegant or even aerodynamic.
    <

Chapter Master Commissar Merces's Avatar

This is pretty awesome. Very excited if even half of these things are true.
    <

Quote Originally Posted by Stickmonkey View Post
    I had the rumor of a techmarine with a punisher cannon, possible that could be this...
    I hope so...I really want to see that become a miniature.

I'm not getting hopes up for anything elegant or even aerodynamic.
    Surely that should have been the conclusion after learning it was an Imperial Marine vehicle?
    ...and a little help comes in a little glass vial in a gun pressed against her anatomy...

Things I'd love to do if I had limitless money: a new Salamanders army for 40K; a new Dark Elf army for Fantasy; an Emperor's Children force for HH *sigh*
    <

Very interesting rumors.
    I like the idea of a dedicated flyer hoping it will be less ugly than SR/ST.
    I am truly into the chaplain like unit and curious about the inner circle guard.
    I heard rumors about 5 Plastic boxes and 8 finecast blisters.
    We have 7 SC but Sammael already have his finecast box so they could give us a SC for scouts and DW with those.
    The 5 Plastic boxes? I guesd they are DW, IC/IB, RW, RC, Mortis.
    I hears rumors about 2 finecast kits, they could be the chaplain covenant and Sammael on LS.
    I heard rumors of a SC on bike. It coould be the RW upgrade sgt.
    I guess we will have more kiys than chaos and we will finally diverge enough from codex so nobody will complain that we should stay in the codex SM.
    <

Veteran Sergeant

StickMonkey,

Is there any further word on the DW box?
    <

Marine

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodspeaker View Post
    Very interesting rumors but how realistic is seeing DA in november?
    I hope it is true but it looks a bit weird to me.
    Why does it look a bit weird to you?
    <

Quote Originally Posted by Master Sheol View Post
    I heard rumors about 5 Plastic boxes and 8 finecast blisters.
    We have 7 SC but Sammael already have his finecast box so they could give us a SC for scouts and DW with those.
    The 5 Plastic boxes? I guesd they are DW, IC/IB, RW, RC, Mortis.
    Are those five boxes meant for a first wave release? If so, i doubt that we'll get DW and RW alongside the codex since GW seems to try to release new stuff first
    <

Quote Originally Posted by Vadskær View Post
    Why does it look a bit weird to you?
    Because it's back to back with another 40k release.
    When i think about it though it's not so far from a dual release that was rumored.
    Anyway i hope stickmonkey is right on this, it will compensate 40k fans for the long drought of new codexes following the necrons release.
    <

Thanks for the rumors, DA are my third army in waiting but I won't do any building/converting until I see the new codex.

Based on the Chaos Release, is it likely that instead of Ravenwing bikes they will just sell an upgrade pack? Also, do you think they will keep the current Chapter Upgrade sprue? If not, I better buy a couple...

Thanks.
    <

Quote Originally Posted by beerbeard View Post
    Based on the Chaos Release, is it likely that instead of Ravenwing bikes they will just sell an upgrade pack? Also, do you think they will keep the current Chapter Upgrade sprue? If not, I better buy a couple...

Thanks.
    Well the Wolves kept theirs and got another one... We really dont have a yardstick to compare ours to tho... BT I would guess would probibly be re-cut to have more bits when they get a redo and BA just got theirs so....

My opinion is that they are going to keep the two we have (Vets are shown in Stickmonkey's first post) and add the new frames (DW, Chaplain/Interrogators/Inner Circle) to our cataloge.
    Last edited by dean; 26-09-2012 at 18:12.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheShadowGuard
    On wings of death they shall ride, to unleash hell and fury from above
    Sons of Johnson shall roll like a tide, in memory of the father and the lord they love
    Ammobunker Plog: "dean's somewhat less rarely updated log" (Deathwing, Cadian and Il-Kaithe)
    Warseer Plog:"dean's rarely updated plog"
    What's that GW? More Dark Angels?... Well if you insist.... (A 2nd battle company started...) What? Chaos resurgent and in the box too? (Long, long delayed 1ksons started)
    <

Chapter Master

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodspeaker View Post
    Because it's back to back with another 40k release.
    When i think about it though it's not so far from a dual release that was rumored.
    Anyway i hope stickmonkey is right on this, it will compensate 40k fans for the long drought of new codexes following the necrons release.
    I don't see it as this unlikely that DA may come in November.. Chaos Marines and Dark Angels are different enough to not get in each others way in terms of purchasing (even íf they're both Marine codexes).. disregarding players who collect both armies of course.

It is in the crucial christmas sales period and productionwise GW is done months ago so there is no scramble to produce enough stuff to meet demand (they have probably enough stock in warehouses for weeks/months). It is maybe unusual but then again a new edition has been released and GW might want to capitalize on the release and sell stuff while it's hot.

The Hobbit is a non factor since it is a totally different game that's also rarely "crossing" with 40K so you probably won't put your 40K customers under financial pressure.

As to the Dark Angels in general:

Personally i'm most interested in Ravenwing since i'd like to build such a force. Any news on updated models (the one in DV are new sculpts i believe with small modifications) and if there will again be such a good Battleforce?
    <

Quote Originally Posted by Archaon View Post
    I don't see it as this unlikely that DA may come in November.. Chaos Marines and Dark Angels are different enough to not get in each others way in terms of purchasing (even íf they're both Marine codexes).. disregarding players who collect both armies of course.

It is in the crucial christmas sales period and productionwise GW is done months ago so there is no scramble to produce enough stuff to meet demand (they have probably enough stock in warehouses for weeks/months). It is maybe unusual but then again a new edition has been released and GW might want to capitalize on the release and sell stuff while it's hot.

The Hobbit is a non factor since it is a totally different game that's also rarely "crossing" with 40K so you probably won't put your 40K customers under financial pressure.
    Regardless of your feelings on the matter, GW has a long track record of only doing one major release each month. This would suggest that their numbers do indicate that 40k, fantasy and LotR releases do eat into each others sales, unless spread out.
    <

Quote Originally Posted by Ultraloth View Post
    Regardless of your feelings on the matter, GW has a long track record of only doing one major release each month. This would suggest that their numbers do indicate that 40k, fantasy and LotR releases do eat into each others sales, unless spread out.
    Not to mention the difficulty promoting completely unrelated releases in the same month. I don't think they'll want releases to step on each other's toes but we'll see how much they try to pump out before the holiday season.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Zoidberg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Necr0n View Post
    So can Allies Of Convinience score?
    Only if dinner and the movie were both of a high quality...
    <

Brother Sergeant

Any word on if we are going to get Sternguard? Or at least let our vets get access to their special ammunition?
    <

Looks like here as on Faiet's repost of my info there are a lot of people thinking I said DA released in November. No. Reread what I said. All the info I have points to November giving some love back to WFB in the form of WoC. Others also have similar rumors. We will know for sure in 4 weeks, but don't count on B2B 40k codex release months like that.
    <

Looks like here as on Faiet's repost of my info there are a lot of people thinking I said DA released in November. No. Reread what I said. All the info I have points to November giving some love back to WFB in the form of WoC. Others also have similar rumors. We will know for sure in 4 weeks, but don't count on B2B 40k codex release months like that.

So you really mean a release in the end of november/ beginning of december?
    <

Let me see if I can translate.

Right now info I have is we will see DA in November,
    At the end of November, DA will be available for preorder on GW's site - and/or will be showcased in the White Dwarf that shows up at the end of November.

and we can play with them before Christmas.
    The release date is sometime in December, before the 25th.
    ...and a little help comes in a little glass vial in a gun pressed against her anatomy...

Things I'd love to do if I had limitless money: a new Salamanders army for 40K; a new Dark Elf army for Fantasy; an Emperor's Children force for HH *sigh*
    <

Quote Originally Posted by Sarlacc View Post
    The 2011-2012 annual report clearly states:

so I think we will see new DA either in November (traditional 40k release month) or January.
    As I recall you said we would SEE DA in November (I.e pics on the net in the last week of Nov, followed by official pics in WD and preorders on sat 24th) and be able to play DA before Christmas (I.e a December release).

Tbh I think the fantasy forum would erupt if 40k got back to back releases and they had to wait until the new year for warriors of chaos. I'm also slightly skeptical that DA would share a release month with the Hobbit unless it is a complete non-event.

Supposing the Hobbit is a smallish release and DA get a small release too (same as the chaos one) I can see DA hitting on the 1st Dec and the Hobbit getting its release on 14th (same weekend as film release).
    Quote Originally Posted by Konovalev View Post
    Warseer's Warhammer General has become like a nerdy Jerry Springer. It's quite entertaining.
    Calling all AoS fans, please consider joining Warseer's first Age of Sigmar Tale of Painters
    <

Personally I think B2B 40K releases just before Christmas make perfect sense. If there was anytime in the year money was going to flow out of wallets from various directions, it's Christmas. A lot of kids these days seem to get a few hundred quids worth in presents. GW soaking up more of the green stuff with 2 Codex releases that feature in DV and capitalising on the DV release just adds more to the logic in my opinion. We will see I guess.
    <

Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast