Page 41 of 84 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 ... LastLast

Thread: Release schedule rumors

Re: Release schedule rumors

It seems to me that the pace of releases is increasing, which is as it should be both for GW and us. So those of us with armies that are badly in need of an update can have some hope. (cough *Dwarfs* cough.)
    <

Chapter Master

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Collius View Post
    Hey just because i could field a block 95 wide by 10 deep with a bsb at 2000 pts does not make me a master of cheese

Now on topic: If High Elves are next up it would propbably not be until may-june as we have had 4 army books/codexes released in 3 months
    This was said when people talked about daemons (no way it's a double book release, that would be 4 books in 3 months.

Other sites have had birdies saying that there has been a shift this year, so it is quite possible that we will see

Tau, eldar, he and lizards this year - which would total at 8(!) books, 4 for each system.

Given the usual play in summer releases and 3onths of viable releases come September, I think it's definitely possible we could see that many books this year, with less next year with new fantasy edition to come out.
    <

Brother Sergeant

I was thinking... This year is 30th anniversary of Warhammer Fantasy... Maybe we will see something special by April or May... Something like High Elf limited edition mini or HE new army...

Who knows... I am hearing very interesting news... and also very sad news about Games Day in my country... maybe delayed or cancelled...

Maybe Harry and Hasting have anything to say about it....
    <

About the increased release rate of army books and codexes, remember that daemons are a special case counting double, and that the second half of the year usually has a lower release rate, as it is usually reserved for big boxes and waves (july and december don't usually have books, and september or october usually get a big box), plus the Hobbit that will certainly get another big release for the second film.

So 3 books for the first half of the year (WoC, Demons, HE) and only one more for the second hald (lizardmen) still seems like a normal GW release rate.

Of course, we might still get another book late 2013 after lizardmen if we're lucky, but I would not hold my breath over it.
    <

Quote Originally Posted by beerbeard View Post
    It seems to me that the pace of releases is increasing, which is as it should be both for GW and us. So those of us with armies that are badly in need of an update can have some hope. (cough *Dwarfs* cough.)
    They are coming. Just over the hill. You can't see them yet on account of their little legs.
    Founding father of J.A.D.E.D. Jerks Against Directors Extraordinary Decisions.
    My Project Log "This week I have mostly been painting ...."
    My other log of Vintage stuff: "A Blast from the Past"
    You might also like: "'Ere be Giants"
    <

Then my poor old Wood Elves must be crouching behind that same hill! :P
    Quote Originally Posted by shelfunit. View Post
    [Describing the ending of Storm of Chaos] Shower door opens, Karl Franz turns around and says "Morning..."
    Skaw's initial optimisim about Wood Elves being re-released in mid 2013 is slipping... Early 2014 ftw! [EDIT: Nailed it! ]
    <

In meantime Bretonnians are looking for a monster that can be part of their army
    <

Brother Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    They are coming. Just over the hill. You can't see them yet on account of their little legs.
    Some of them are probably digging under the hill too, don't forget... Seriously though, that makes me very happy indeed!
    <

Quote Originally Posted by Exardus View Post
    In meantime Bretonnians are looking for a monster that can be part of their army
    They could do some kind of angel
    <

Quote Originally Posted by SkawtheFalconer View Post
    Then my poor old Wood Elves must be crouching behind that same hill! :P

You're on the mark, Hastings and Harry hinted recently that after High Elves and Lizardmen, the order would probably be Dark elves, Dwarves, and then Wood elves.

With 9th edition supposed to come in 2014 too, the poor Brettonians will probable have to wait for 2015 (maybe the first 9th edition book ?)
    <

Chapter Master

Well what with Daemons being released now (Sans GD's) we move on now to what we will be seeing at the end of march (in time for Easter!)
    <

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman View Post
    Well what with Daemons being released now (Sans GD's) we move on now to what we will be seeing at the end of march (in time for Easter!)
    IIRC all the rumors point to Tau...

Damon.
    "Nicht kleckern, klotzen!"

A Mtlhd of Wrsr

My Minis Blog: minislikedust.blogspot.com
    My Book Blog: bookslikedust.blogspot.com
    <

Chapter Master

Quote Originally Posted by Lars Porsenna View Post
    IIRC all the rumors point to Tau...

Damon.
    Yep, when I started the post the information was that Tau would be before summer, close to HE. What with HE being closely linked to end of April for Pre order, I reckon we will see Tau first.

Bearing that in mind, part of me whether GW may take a break from releasing armies after the massive push recently.
    <

Some wave releases and other things can be inferred, giving us a potential schedule for the rest of the year:
    March: Daemons
    April: Tau
    May: High Elves
    June: Wave release for 40K
    July: Apocalypse II expansion
    August: Wave Release for Fantasy (with daemons models?)
    September: Box set (Blood Bowl?)
    October: Eldar
    November: Lizardmen
    December: Hobbit II

THIS IS A PREDICTION, NOT FACT
    "As I've always said, Wes is wise." - Scryer in the Darkness
    "Wes, if you keep this up you'll need to change your name to MajorWiseJanson." - Azzy
    "Many boffins died to bring us this information." - Forgeworld Announcement E-mail
    "Rest assured, Servitor 13 has your best interests at heart. Now let's fire up the lascannons." - GW changes their web privacy policy.
    <

Isn't the latest news have a spotting of the next WD having a Nids wave in it. So maybe Tau will likely be in May then.
    <

That's the same site that claimed that February's WD would feature four new aircraft for 40K...
    He has no clue.
    As a long-time Goblin player, I can reliably inform you that failure is ALWAYS an option.

Painting Log - Circle Orboros - Warpwolves FTW!
    Terrain Log - Circle Orboros themed terrain for Hordes
    <

Quote Originally Posted by Hokiecow View Post
    Isn't the latest news have a spotting of the next WD having a Nids wave in it. So maybe Tau will likely be in May then.
    Still going with Tau, then High elves, as Hastings has a far better track record.
    If there is a Nid wave of models, June does seem like a spot to put them though.
    "Wes, if you keep this up you'll need to change your name to MajorWiseJanson." - Azzy
    "Many boffins died to bring us this information." - Forgeworld Announcement E-mail
    "Rest assured, Servitor 13 has your best interests at heart. Now let's fire up the lascannons." - GW changes their web privacy policy.
    <

Quote Originally Posted by Avian View Post
    That's the same site that claimed that February's WD would feature four new aircraft for 40K...
    He has no clue.
    Evidently not: "Somebody emailed me"?

Sounds legit.
    <

Chapter Master

If you read into it, you'll also notice that said information(supposedly) came from reading the WD, but this apparently wasn't enough to tell what said new models were supposed to be.

Yeah... I'm sceptical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Avian View Post
    Never attribute to malice what can be attributed to a shaky grasp of English.
    <

Quote Originally Posted by theJ View Post
    If you read into it, you'll also notice that said information(supposedly) came from reading the WD, but this apparently wasn't enough to tell what said new models were supposed to be.

Yeah... I'm sceptical.
    Apparently there is a pic in the back cover of a Nid beastie fighting Thunderwolves. But back covers are no longer previews, but just cool art pieces.
    <

Page 41 of 84 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 ... LastLast