Thread: Nurgle theme w/epidemius...dual soulgrinder?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Nurgle theme w/epidemius...dual soulgrinder?

What are your thoughts on running 2 soulgrinders in 2500pt list? Is it too much? What I was going for is to have units on the table that are very resilient...tough to kill. Looking to grind down the opposition over 3-4 turns. The rest of the list would include 3 units of 4 beasts, GUO lvl 4, Epi, 1 hoard of PB's and 1 bunker for Epi. I can fit in a 2nd Soulgrinder if I take out the 3rd beast unit and fiddle the unit sizes a bit. What do you think?

Re: Nurgle theme w/epidemius...dual soulgrinder?

Sounds good to me. Soulgrinders are one of the few things in the Daemons list that can effectively screen your GUO if necessary. I take it you'll be running them with Torrent?

What will you be using as your bunker for Epi? Bearing in mind he won't get a LOS from Plaguebearers anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by ShurikenSerpent View Post
    Sounds good to me. Soulgrinders are one of the few things in the Daemons list that can effectively screen your GUO if necessary. I take it you'll be running them with Torrent?

What will you be using as your bunker for Epi? Bearing in mind he won't get a LOS from Plaguebearers anymore?
    Yes, both SG's will have torrent. Only one will have the daemonbone upgrade though. Epi will be in a unit of 16 PB's. I know about the no look out sir but I figure with all the multi wound models out front he should be relatively safe until I close the gap. It's funny how badazz he gets after 14 Nurgle wounds being done!

I have also read a couple times about Epidemius being "cheesy". What are your thoughts on that? I prefer my lists to be fluffy, themed and full of character. I also plan on making mono-daemon armys for each god. After Nurgle is done, The dark prince is next!

Quote Originally Posted by JDV311 View Post
    I have also read a couple times about Epidemius being "cheesy". What are your thoughts on that? I prefer my lists to be fluffy, themed and full of character. I also plan on making mono-daemon armys for each god. After Nurgle is done, The dark prince is next!
    Epi is fluffy and "full" of character as for cheesy I don't think so, he's powerful sure giving nurgle Deamons a bunch of buffs but to make it work you really need to go almost mono nurgle (even though everyone does already it seems) but to counter his power he's kinda a glass cannon, good but easy to kill since there's only 2 units that can give a LOS and they're both as exspensive as epi.
    The Under-city (WIP SKaven Plog)
    Lizardmen of the City of Mists (WIP lizardmen Plog)

Miniatures bought this year 2013: 17 Miniatures Painted this year: 2

Quote Originally Posted by Dante blackfur View Post
    Epi is fluffy and "full" of character as for cheesy I don't think so, he's powerful sure giving nurgle Deamons a bunch of buffs but to make it work you really need to go almost mono nurgle (even though everyone does already it seems) but to counter his power he's kinda a glass cannon, good but easy to kill since there's only 2 units that can give a LOS and they're both as exspensive as epi.
    he does have regen that why u use nurglings to kill cannon ASAP but having a soul grinder in a epi is a must have it gives the cannon something to worry about.
    The Daemons are coming ! Nurgle is my god

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by JDV311 View Post
    I don't consider him "cheesy."

He has the potential to give powerful buffs to the army, but those buffs go away as soon as he's killed. He's actually really not that tough to get rid of, even with four wounds from the palanquin. He does make the army stronger, but a Nurgle DoC player better have a plan in place to win without him and just use the Tally as gravy. Otherwise, he'll have a bad day when a creative opponent greases the model in turn 1 or 2.