Thread: Wood Elf 2500

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Veteran Sergeant

Wood Elf 2500

Lords: 516

Lord (246)
    -Bow of Loren, Arcan Bodkins (4 ignore armor shots), Amaranthine Brooch, Light Armor, Shield

Archmage, Lore of Beasts (270)
    -Level 4, Dispel Scroll

Heroes: 500

BSB (140)
    -Glitter Armor, Sword of ASF

Eagle Noble 1 (179)
    -Armor of Destiny, Shield, Spear

Eagle Noble 2 (181)
    -Helm of the Hunt (+1 A/WS on Charge), Hail of Doom Arrow (1 use 3d6 S4 arrows), Light Armor, Shield, Spear

Core: 654
    Eternal Guard (1x24) Full Command
    Glade Guard (1x12)
    Dryads (2x8)

Special and Rare: 830

Treekin (1x4)
    Treeman
    Treeman

Has defeated Twin White Lion Hordes.

Is duel Treeman cheesy?

A long time ago, there were two eagles in the list. But they failed at pretty much anything useful (except for re-direction). Re-direction is desperate, and I wanted to move away from such things so my chaff became more capable killers by putting nobles on top. Now they can raze war machines, take a cannon to the face (Eagle 1), slaughter spearmen, and ignore small arms fire (long range glade guard and high elf archers).

The dryads were 1x16 for a while. They could do what I needed them to do (distract a horde and cause some damage) before being ruthlessly crushed. Conserving points is not high on my priorities (I don't play on a team). They became 2x8 after a while to increase my drops and disrupt Shadow Warriors.

The Treekin are fun to run straight into High Elf core, with no concern for life. They do surprisingly well sometimes. They die to what you'd expect, but that isn't really a surprise. It allows for the Bow of Loren to make a few more injuries, than I'm happy to give them up.

260 points to get a few more shots madness? Its a long story, but against High Elves 8 ignore armor shots can do sufficient damage to most elites and cavalry. Of course, that spell is a priority for countering which gets me more Wild Forms, Curses, and Spears through. Those spells can be equally frustrating, but its sad to see 30+ White Lions shot to death (with arrows) over 4 turns.

Lore of Beasts is better for my aggressive nature (and 8 bow shots). The only spell I am not fond of is Transformation. I find Lore of Life to be too cumbersome.

The eternal guard are always wider than whatever I hope to smack in the face. I used Rhymer's harp a long time ago, but the character holding it become rather easily taken out without contributing much to combat resolution. The BSB and the Lord go in this unit to provide some cover to the unit. Directed attacks are less likely to wound these two models and can save a lot of resolution, because the gains of killing them are always good. Amulet of Light would be an issue, but so far I have been lucky with that.

Its been fun playing this list. I am retiring its use after the new High Elf book to make something more interesting. With ASF gone, some of the other army book options open up a little more, as in, they might actually do something in close combat before being horribly mauled. Its always more exciting that way.

What do you think?
    Last edited by Azaireal; 06-04-2013 at 15:52.