Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Bob's WHQ paintathon

Chaplain

Re: Bob's WHQ paintathon

This is a brilliant thread! Really impressed by so many things in this, but my favourite has to be the wights.
    Last edited by Chickenbane; 08-07-2013 at 11:46. Reason: Appalling spelling brainfart.

Quick update before another crazy weekend of not painting. Got the skeletons that have been sitting in the 'started but far from finished' pile into the 'finally finished' pile:

And for some models in the 'long finished' pile we have a Skaven Grey Seer, and the always lovable squigs!

That's it for now but I'm able to scale back my hours of real world work soon so that should mean more frequent updates to the quickly approaching end of the old world minis. After that its Lustria and sewers time!

Well I have a ton of distractions to painting for WHQ now in the form of commission work but that doesn't mean I'm giving up. Unfortunately that giant Cthulhu model from reaper hit the front of the que due to sheer awesomeness so here is a Dark Elf Lord that I managed to finish up tonight. Somehow I just find dark elves to be the least interesting things to paint so far...

And to go way back to the early days of this project here are the converted Chaos Dwarf Lord and Sorcerer:

Finally one of my favorite models of all time from the GW line its a Chaos Sorcerer:

Those Beasts of Nurgle look suitably icky. Nice work.

Nothing old world specific this time but rest assured this cutey will be causing sanity loss in WHQ eventually....

The Hobgoblins are nearly done so they will be up next on the photo block. I really just couldn't resist painting Cthulhu for obvious reasons!

Cracking paint job on the Cthulu beastie, makes me wanna get one. What's the bones material like? Does it lose detail? I've seen a few painted models which don't look as sharp as they should (slight rounding of edges, etc) which obviously won't be noticable on the big monsters. I'm really umming and ahhing about some of the 28mm models because I like the price.

If you ever make up some WHQ rules for this guy please share!

Buy some bones I think you will be impressed. The edges aren't quite as sharp but its really more like the difference between pewter and plastic. The best news is they go together really really fast. Cthulhu was about 5 minutes tops of assembly! If you have ever painted the descent board game miniatures its like working with those but with way more detail.

I'm working on an overarching campaign system to add depth into a WHQ campaign in which one of the adversaries is an ancient alien god thus necessitating the 'need' for the above baddie

Chaplain

That sounds cool! There should be a sticky thread for WHQ gribblies on here too.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9320 using Tapatalk

Sorry for the slow progress I had hoped to be done by now but thanks to being happily employed with a new full time job I'm not! But hey the Hobos, or in normies terms, hobgoblins are done! These are the new bones goblins and as soon as I saw them I decided they would be my new hobgoblins (first ones were gnoblars...).

And for our previously painted but never revealed I have the fanatics and Gigantic Spiders.

Wow man, just spent a few minutes browsing through the nostalgic head trip that is your collection - must say the Dark Elf Anti-Hero is very cool piece. Amazing collection
    [Eastern Empire] [The Scythes][Warhammer Quest]
    Tau, Marines and Warhammer Quest Adventures.

Alright got a few easy paint jobs in between commission work. First up the Ghosts taken from several reaper bones minis for variety and happy fun time. Also we may be starting up a new campaign soon and one person wants to play the Chainsaw Warrior which was made as an april fools joke but is fully playable so why not!

I realize that the only other hero pics are either the original four or the giant group shot of all of them. If anyone is interested I can post some close ups of the heroes too. Might as well post up a few older paint jobs as well. Here are the dark elf assassins and ghouls!

I've also realized I don't do WIP shots of anything so if anyone wants to see whats on the bench so to speak let me know. Otherwise I'll just do the intermittent finished model shots as normal.
    Last edited by bobthebobish; 07-08-2013 at 07:18.

I'd love to see more closeups of the heroes!

Made some custom slimes for the sewers and painted them up nice and slimy like.

Also by singular demand there are the heroes in close ups. Be warned that most of these are fairly old paint jobs!

My demands have been met, and I am content :P

Great stuff man! My faves are the Manaan's blades leader dude and the amazon. I guess I have a weakness for gold armour. What are you using the manaan guy as?

I better match that effort and get going with a log of my own soon!

Glad you like! The blades guy is our outlaw currently though that and the warrior priest have new minis that I'd like to use instead. They will be replaced once the new minis are painted some day.

Looks great some off the models age a lot better then others like the barbarian and telf. he wizard to the dwarf and

The Bugman's Ranger Dwarf is a personal favourite, can see him taking a swig then thunking some orc across the snout with him flagon.
    [Eastern Empire] [The Scythes][Warhammer Quest]
    Tau, Marines and Warhammer Quest Adventures.

Those spiders where are they from?

Those are the metal reaper spiders but now they make them in the bones material which is WAY easier to keep from chipping.

Just a few more WHQ miniatures in between commission work. The Forgeworld plague toads really are amazing sculpts with a TON of detail packed into every disgusting crevice. These beauties will be showing up in the sewers as well as Norsca.

Just to go along with them here's a few of the plaguebearers painted long ago and for random's sake a hydra!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast