Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Bob's WHQ paintathon

Re: Bob's WHQ paintathon

Very cool, tempted to buy a plague toad and have it as a Quest objective for my young knight and assorted friends with swords.
    [Eastern Empire] [The Scythes][Warhammer Quest]
    Tau, Marines and Warhammer Quest Adventures.

Great stuff!

Love the Nurgle stuff.

Had a full two days off in a row and spent the majority of it working on models! The sewer expansion is two adventures away from release and I've added a few painted models to compliment it. The three plague drones were a pain to put together, paint and then attempt to rank up (they are going into a daemon army for a fantasy apocalypse soon) but hey they are fun to have!

This little dragon fairy is a replacement for a druid fairy I've somehow lost. Its so incredibly tiny and super cute.

and a few pics to finish it off of some older works for quest: The wraiths and skaven jezzails.

Great stuff, mate. I am green with envy...would you have a spare room you would be willing to rent to me, by any chance?

A more comfortable Dungeon

Finsihed up the dungeon room features for WHQ so the monsters have some furniture. In addition cranked out a few fimir for Lustria.

The room features are a mixture of Bones, Heroquest (with a few custom bits) and Warhammer scenery. Adds just that little bit of extra randomness to the game though.

And might as well throw in a few older pics of Ogres, the Beastman Shaman and Fiends of Slaanesh. Those fiends were a mighty spending group, deffinately didn't go down easy! Also had to do a lot of bending just to stop them from being so uniform but the models are fun to paint at least.

Chaplain

Like the Fiends of Slaanesh in all their saggy titted glory.

Thats enough furniture to consider opening a Dungeon IKEA range
    [Eastern Empire] [The Scythes][Warhammer Quest]
    Tau, Marines and Warhammer Quest Adventures.

Furniture looks great any chance of some pics of a full set up 'mid game' maybe- bet it looks awesome all together!

Andy T's Necromunda Plog

Thanks for the comments again! We have a few pics of them mid game in the campaign thread they pop up now and again. I didn't want them to show up too often as taking 2-3 spaces out of a 4x4 room tends to change the layout of the room dramatically.

The Bull Centaur from what did you make them?

The Bull Centaurs are from impact miniatures fantasy football line if I remember correctly.

Just recently added the new lizardmen models to my WHQ rules (in sig). Sadly my bastilidon is barely assembled however I did this one for a friend of mine who wanted to evolve it ot ultra mega bastilidon and make it fight other poke... wait no what? Lots of sculpting and silliness with this one so I had to show it off.

In real WHQ painting news I managed to get the skaven slaves for WHQ done as well made from the reaper bones kohbolds which look pretty spiffy if I do say so myself.

And of course a few pics of some older quest work the winged serpent and stormvermin all ready to inhabit dungeons a plenty! You'd really think that after being snowed in for multiple days I might be able to get more done but... nope.

Chaplain

I find this thread very annoying. I innocently go online to look at a few bits, then get sucked in! 2 hours later I still haven't got anything painted!!!

Try crappy horror and sci fi movies that's what gets me through the monotony!

Hi Bob, love all the work you have done, what a massive undertaking! Was wondering how you made your slimes? Fancied having a go at making some myself: have the rules from your Quest revision work, thank you very much! I'm guessing a glue gun was involved, and was wondering what you built on top of. Was thinking of using some old corks I have lying about. Would love some advice when you get a chance,
    Ta Daxo

Thanks for the comments and glad you're enjoying the rules. The slimes were made out of sculpting epoxy (apoxisculpt but greenstuff works just fine too). Just built a frame and then went crazy with a glue gun for the rest. Super easy and fast.

Thanks bob, I have all the ingredients, just time and gumption needed now. Will post some pics when I get some made

Hi Bob.
    I keep coming back here to admire your work. Just dusted of my copy of Warhammer Quest. You have now inspired me to try and complete the monster tables.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickenbane View Post
    I find this thread very annoying. I innocently go online to look at a few bits, then get sucked in! 2 hours later I still haven't got anything painted!!!
    Ha Ha I'm the same. I have hundreds of figures to paint.

Great plog - the Kobolds have come out very nicely indeed.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast