Thread: Beastley's Blood Bowl Bonanza

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Beastley's Blood Bowl Bonanza

I've tried to do an Orc bloodbowl team before ,in fact it was one of the first things I did when I started getting back into the hobby but my interest was short lived as I quickly moved onto a mordheim warband ( which also didn't last very long). After reading through some of the bloodbowl plogs on here I was inspired to give an Orc team another bash. This time I decided to use the savage orcs as the basis of the team to create the most savage bloodbowl team ever - Riko's ruffnex !! ( a metaphorical prize to anyone who gets the reference )

I'm going to try to push myself both in improving my modelling and painting as far as I can. Where my nurgle army is all about mass effect so the painting can be a little sloppy I want to lavish hours on each individual Orc to create a truly display worthy team .
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	309 
Size:	75.4 KB 
ID:	189809
    First player for the squad has to be captain and star blitzer riko. He's being based on the savage Orc big boss which I handily bought for a steal on eBay

A quick bath in dettol and he was ready to go under the knife. So far all I've done is remove his axe, replace a hand , reposition an arm and glue on some "armour" ( a shield and a wrist guard ) I'll sculpt the rest if his pads in gs but I want to be careful not to lose the primitive aspect of the orcs so I'm going to have a go at wooden or bamboo pads . Fingers crossed . In the meantime here's a wip photo bgs ( before green stuff )
    Click image for larger version. 

Views:	400 
Size:	341.3 KB 
ID:	189811Click image for larger version. 

Views:	287 
Size:	233.4 KB 
ID:	189812