Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Sisters of Battle Project Log: Order of the Red Rose.

Re: Sisters of Battle Project Log: Order of the Red Rose.

and today's work; another squad (again, sans Heavy Flamer) and the start of the third squad (whose leader is in the goop).. hopefully i can get some time to buy some red undercoat spray and to browse the GW paint range at my LGS to pick out the pink!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	squad_02.jpg 
Views:	218 
Size:	68.4 KB 
ID:	182351
    rolling 1's is an art...
    Stuff for sale / trade

so, i'll get a battle report up later but played two 1500pt games against the clubs' local Undefeated Dark Eldar and won both!
    then had a draw against a 1000pt marine army; i'd dropped the seraphim and a repentia and struggled; would need to write a proper list i think!

still, here's a pic of the army, complete with Seraphim proxies (the TF2 minis) and proxy Exorcists:

Name:	army.jpg 
Views:	215 
Size:	116.6 KB 
ID:	182627
    rolling 1's is an art...
    Stuff for sale / trade

so, as promised, here's a battle report!

Mission: The Emperor's Will (1 Objective per deployment zone)
    Deployment: Hammer & Anvil (longwise)
    Night Fight Turn One, Dark Eldar to go first.

Order Of The Holy Rose (Codex: Adepta Sororitas): 1497pts
    Canoness: Rosarius, mantle o' ophelia, power maul (120pt)
    Sisters: +1 (6), heavy flamer, flamer, similcrum, immolator w' Heavy bolters (157)
    Sisters: +1 (6), heavy flamer, flamer, similcrum, immolator w' Heavy bolters (157)
    Repentia: +4 (9), Rhino, extra armour, bombs (196)
    Seraphim: +5 (10), superior (160)
    Seraphim: +5 (10), superior (160)
    Exorcist: Storm bolter (130)

Dark Kin (Codex Dark Eldar): forgive me as this is a guesstimate
    Archon (Combat Drugs, Shadowfield, Husk blade)
    9 Incubi (Klaivex, Demiklaives, Raider, Night shield, flickerfield)
    5 Warriors (Splinter Cannon, Venom, Splinter Cannon, Night shield)
    10 Warriors (Raider, Night shield, flickerfield)
    Ravager (3x Dark Lance, Night shield, flickerfield)
    Ravager (3x Dis Cannon, Night shield, flickerfield)

the Dark Eldar have been troublesome for our local club so i was expecting a proper hammering from this little lot!

My objective was placed in a building to my left (right on the pic!) with an Immolator parked alongside, a rear battery of Exorcists and two immolators ready to pound up the board infront of them.
    On one flank some Seraphim were to run a distraction, while the other unit supported the Canoness and Repentia who would tank up the middle and arc around into his objective.

Fairly densly packed Dark Eldar (the troop on foot are actually in teh vehicles and a Venom is tucked out of LoS at the back!) with a fairly open view of the objective...

End of Turn One
    The sisters advanced cautiously and the Exorcists blew apart a Raider and a Ravager while the Dark Eldar shot up the RED seraphim...

While hte sisters' right flank advanced, the RED seraphim were wiped out on the flank.
    The Archon and his retinue, who were pedestrians now, charged an Immolator and managed a Glancing Hit!

While the Immolator Pair tanked up the centre toward the objective, the rear-guard sisters unit popped out their immolator, flamer and heavy flamer adding to the Exorcists firepower pounding the Incubi into the dust!
    The Venoms were destroyed and the Seraphim advanced on a unit of warriors...

The Archon assaulted the Sisters unit, his shadow field giving out under the Overwatch fire and then fails to kill a single sister!
    in return the Sororitas beat the Dark Eldar Lord into the dust, killing him!

The BLU Seraphim shot the Warriors infront of them to peices (page52: Gunfighter. A model with 2 pistols may fire both!) and so the Canoness' Rhino performed a hand-brake-turn and moved to join the immolators heading toward the Objective...

By this point the Dark Eldar were reduced to a single Ravager, a 5-man unit of warriors and a 3-man unit.
    The Ravager moved behind the advancing Immolators and fired at full power to atleast take one out...

and fails, inflicting a single glance on one!

at this point my opponent resigned the game, a win for the sisters!

so, debrief.
    i'm not sold on Seraphim; they're very situational and i think a unit to support the Repentia (as they can't disembark and assault) maybe worthwhile.
    Exorcists are the game-winners in a sisters army i think; while immolators with Heavy bolters are useful, transporting the Sisters about, the opportunity to drop 3D6 Str 8 AP1 shots a turn is amazing!

We had a rematch, playing Relic and that was another win for me, leaving half a dozen Dark Eldar alive with the loss of the Seraphim and a dozen sisters...

Hopefully next game i can get the Repentia & Canoness into the game a bit more; without being able to disembark and assault and their act of faith only lasting a phase i'm struggling to see how i'll get them into the enemy intact!

thanks for reading, comments are always welcome!
    rolling 1's is an art...
    Stuff for sale / trade

Nice. We are always in need of more Sisters of Battle logs.

thanks!
    i enjoyed your thread and want to do something similar to your Seraphim Superior with Eviscerator for my Repentia!

so, no pictures today, but instead a bit of background...

The Order of The Holy Rose was formed in the 38th millennium on the world of Tybore IV in the Bokmikiri Sector.
    Originally a preceptory of the Order Of The Bloody Rose stationed to guard Ecclesiarch Thor I during a stay on the dead world, after the Ecclesiarch left the world a single rose-bush sprouted where he had performed his morning prayer and ablutions.
    The Order was founded and a sanctuary created, taking on the sign of hte Rose and the pink colouring of the flora as their armour hue.
    A Shrine now stands in the centre of the Covenant, the rose bush having grown to a full garden and is reverently tended by adepts, continuing to grow and spread in the hostile terrain.

Canoness Sammai has recently taken charge of the military arm with the passing of Canoness Meali at the hands of Xenos invaders.

One of her first acts has been the formation of the Persecutors; a dedicated unit of melee-focused troops.
    Realising the Xenos often out-gun the Sororitas, the Persecutors are clad in light-weight armour and armed with exceptionally loud Eviscerators.
    The Persecutors are trained to infiltrate into enemy base-camps and set upon the resting troop, the loud battle-hymns mixing with the screeching chain-blades and the screams of the fallen before the Sororitas meld into the night.

Sammais' aggressive mannerisms have already begun filtering down into her troops, the squads of Battle Sisters often stubbornly facing down their foes wreathing them in flame and bolter fire.

so, there's a start for you; hopefully i'll get some more work done on the Similcrums and saturday be able to afford some pink paint!
    rolling 1's is an art...
    Stuff for sale / trade

no love for the sisters?
    maybe more pics would help!

managed to get three games in yesterday at my local club, a draw and two wins for the sisters!
    i dropped the second Seraphim unit (and moved some points around) for a unit of Outflanking Dominions; 8 in a rhino with three storm bolters, otherwise my list stayed the same as last time...

Firstly I played against tau...

Commander (XV8), Plasma Rifle, Burst Cannon, Shield Generator
    2 Bodyguard, Plasma Rifle, Missile Pods, Shield Generator
    Ethereal
    4x 12 Fire Warriors (1 Carbine per unit)
    10x Path Finders (3x Rail Rifles)
    3x Broadsides (Shield Gen)
    Hammerhead (Rail Cannon, Burst Cannons, inv save)
    Hammerhead (Ion Cannon, Burst Cannons, inv save)

so, the Sisters deployed first, grouping up ready to pounce on the objectives...

the Tau deployed opposite, spread out across the board. noticable was the tanks opposite the Exorcists and the Broadsides parked on the flank (not pictured)

the Tau managed to Seize The Initative and the tanks took some shots at the Sisters...

They managed to knock a Hull Point off an Immolator, Immobilise an Exorcist and kill 3 Seraphim.

In return the Exorcists managed to blow up one Hammerhead, knock the Ion Cannon off the other, kill a Bodyguard and injure a Broadside!

in return the Tau did little; wrecking a pair of Immolators (leaving a Sisters unit and the Repentia to walk!).
    [img]

The Exorcists returned volley, one killing all three broadsides in one round!

The game settled down into an exchange of firepower most noticeably the Dominions rolling into the side and wiping out a Fire Warrior unit and the crippled Hammerhead!
    Endgame at Turn 6 the Tau held an objective on the left, the Sisters holding the one on the right.
    I stopped taking pictures at this point as i forgot!

Next up i played a newcomer to the club, running an Imperial Fist Space Marine force, using the Ultramarines Chapter Tactics
    Tigurius
    10 Tactical Marines, Combi-Melta, Meltagun, Gravgun, Drop Pod (combat squad - 5 unarmoured marines walking onto the board!)
    5 Tactical Marines, Comb-melta, Meltagun, Drop Pod
    5 Tactical Marines, Comb-grav gravgun, Drop Pod
    3 Bikers, 2x Gravguns, combi-grav
    5 Devastator Marines, 4x Lascannon
    Thunderfire Cannon
    Thunderfire Cannon
    Aegis - Quad Autocannon

Allies - Space Wolves
    Rune Priest (living lightning, Jaws)
    7 Grey hunters, Wolf Standard, meltagun, Drop Pod
    5x Long Fang, 4x Missile Launchers

the Thunderfires, devvies and Tigurius deployed in the Aegis while the droppods, bikers and pedestrian marines held in reserve.

The sisters first turn was uneventful, Exorcists bouncing off hte Aegis.

The marines first turn was.. interesting.
    The Space Wolf Drop Pod and two other 'pods impacted in amongst the Exorcists, marines taking up positions to open fire...
    The Living Lightning from the Rune Priest was Denied by the Seraphim while the Mass grav/melta spam bounced off or was saved by Faith!

each Exorcist near-enough removed a unit; one left the Space Wolves down to three marines, another wiped out the 5-man Tacticals while the other reduced the other small unit to two guys who turned tail and ran!

Tigurius managed to deal two wounds to himself trying to cast psychic powers on the Devastators!

luck was with the sisters as their tanks were picked off one-by-one across the next couple of turns, a turn 4 outflank from the Dominions breaking the Long Fangs, the Repentia scattering the Devastators and the Exorcists removed the final drop-pod troop and the Bikers.

In the end, Turn 6, the Thunderfire Cannons were sat in one corner (in the Aegis) with Tigurius on one wound facing the Repentia and Canoness and the Drop=Pods were unmolested.
    the sisters had two one-woman units, the Seraphim largely untouched, an Exorcist and three Dominion scattered across Objectives to gain a victory!

The final game was against Black Templars...
    Captain, Terminator Armour, Shield Eternal, Thunderhammer
    Emperors Champion
    3x 10 man Brethren units
    2x Land Speeder Typhoons
    2x Vindicators
    Whirlwind
    Aegis

the Exorcists gain dominated the game, destroying the vindicators and two squads in two turns, The Seraphim knocked the Captain down to one wound (as he waded solo through them and a unit of sisters) before the Exorcists finished him, the Repentia held up a squad for a few turns until the outflanking Dominions turned up to avenge them.
    In the end the Black Templars were wiped off the table turn 7 but the sisters held two of the three objectives at this point!

Having found out that you can't assault out of a destroyed transport i'm really struggling to see how Repentia will fit into the army while the Dominions have found a place of respect in the force!
    rolling 1's is an art...
    Stuff for sale / trade

greenstuff_gav,

Some love for the PLOG - I don't think I have seen this happen before, where with the trade of an any the PLOG changes hands.

Quote Originally Posted by greenstuff_gav View Post
    an old Space Marine Whirlwind with sisters icons glued on; i like the idea more than the organ-gun exorcist so will see what can be done to "sororitas" it up slightly more and keep an eye on ebay for two more...
    I did something similar using the old Sisters of Battle Immolators gunner and shields in front of the missiles over where the Marine head is. Some of those old Sisters of Battle Immolator Flamers are still available from time to time on EBay.

Good luck with the PLOG.

Cheers,

CB

PS: Nice battle report.
    Last edited by Captain Brown; 10-12-2013 at 22:12.
    Please follow the rules and respect the opinions of others
    Interested in buying OOP metal Necromunda figures - Selling Painted Elysian Army, and other bits for 40K and terrain

cheers Cap'n!

so, i'm still not sold on Repentia and instead shuffled some Priests in there...

Canoness: 120
    (65), Power Maul (15) Rosarius (15) Mantle of Ophelia (25)

4x Priest: 100
    (25)

5x Sisters: 145
    (60), Flamer (5) Heavy flamer (10), Simulacrum (10) Immolator (60)

9x Seraphim: 135

9x Seraphim: 135

8x Dominion: 184
    (65) 4x Storm Bolters (20), Rhino, Extra Armour, Storm Bolter, Dozer Blade (60)

Exorcist: 130
    (125) storm bolter (5)

(125) storm bolter (5)

(125) storm bolter (5)

1499pts

may need to proxy 'em to test; i don't really plan on getting the Sisters into combat!

i bought some Mephisdon Red spraypaint and it's terrible; paint doesn't want to stick to it!
    may have to strip the army back to metal and work up from black...

Not sure on the Simulacrum; wither i go for Scripture (as pictured) or maybe some freehand iconography, more akin to stain-glass illustrations... opinions?
    rolling 1's is an art...
    Stuff for sale / trade

so, managed to get two games in today!

Firstly played against a Deathwing List:
    Belial
    5 Terminators (lightning claws)
    5 Terminators (lightning claws)
    6 Terminators (Assault Cannon)
    6 Terminators (Assault Cannon)
    6 Terminators (Plasma Cannon)

While most of the Terminators started in Reserve, a Unit Hiding on the Left, one on the right.
    The sisters started with a solid firebase, ready to leap out toward the Relic

HERE's a pic of the relic made for my army by my opponent as Secret Santa; not sure how safe for work it is!

While the Deathwing advanced through the ruins, the first Exorcist destroyed a unit!
    The other two didn't fare as well!

Turn 2 had the Deathwing drop onto the board; a unit behind each Exorcist!

Splitting fire with the heavy weapons, havoc was wrecked amongst the Sisters vehicles!

In return the Repentia were thrown out of their Rhino and began hunting the closest Terminators!

knowing the power of the Deathwing, the Battle Sisters headed toward the objective... Seraphim stalking the Assault Terminators hiding in the ruins...

The Deathwing, having totally the Exorcist Battery began their advance toward the sisters crowding the Relic
    rolling 1's is an art...
    Stuff for sale / trade

The sisters advanced; Seraphim pelting the Assault Terminators with firepower while the sisters closed ranks on the relic.
    The Dominions hurtled onto the battlefield, moving to support the Repentia storming toward the Deathwing

an effective shooting phase destroyed almost all of the assault terminators, leaving Belial and his lone bodyguard staring at the sisters firebase!

Meanwhile the Repentia crashed into a terminator unit and wiped them out!

they used their follow-up to duck back behind a wrecked exorcist.

Belial assaulted the seraphim and smashed them aside, the sisters fleeing away form the enraged Astartes!
    [imghttp://buildyourimagination.co.uk/minis/gallery/sisters/battle03/18-belial-break-seraphim.jpg[/img]

the entirety of the sisters army shot at Belial, leaving him on one wound!

Undeterred, Belial charged the sisters unit sat on the Relic and broke the unit!

The Repentia assaulted the advancing Terminators and slew them all, the Mistress coming out the other side.
    The sisters attacked Belial, the army shooting the Terminator Commander before hte Seraphim assaulted...

He managed to roll double one on his to-wound rolls and the Seraphims' attacks bounced off his heavy armour.

In the end the game was a Draw; Belial left on 1 wound close enough to Contest the objective!

I was surprised with the Repentia; if able to assault they can wreck units but need careful positioning to help them not get shot!
    Seraphim continue to provide durability and outflanking Dominions with Storm Bolters provide a mobile firebase!

Next game was against Tyranids (pre-new-codex), expect a writeup soon!
    rolling 1's is an art...
    Stuff for sale / trade

so, following on i played Alhaus' Tyranids in a last hurrah before their update!

Hive Tyrant -Scything Talon, Venom Cannon
    2x Tyrant Guard

9x Warriors -scything Talon, Rending Claw
    12x Hormagaunt
    12x Hormagaunt
    12x Termigaunt
    6x Ravener
    12x Gargoyle
    Carnifex -2x Scything Talon

so fairly typical deployment; the Tyrant and Carnifex hiding in ruins, fast attack on either flank and all screened by gaunts.
    The sisters hunkered down in a firebase ready to pound the monsters with firepower before striking at the Relic.

sure enough, the Tyranids scurried forward matched by the Sisters.
    [imghttp://buildyourimagination.co.uk/minis/gallery/sisters/battle04/01-advance.jpg[/img]

the Immolators and Seraphim decimated a Gaunt unit heading toward them, the angels finishing the unit off as they charged!

Meanwhile the Exorcists wiped out the rapidly-moving Raveners.

The Seraphim moved to attack the gargoyles, the Repentia exiting their rhino to loan support.

however the Seraphim worked well with the Rhino and destroyed the unit!

The warriors crashed in to the jump-troop and the Carnifex smashed into the armoured rhino

While the rhino was wrecked, two of the Seraphim stuck in combat!

the Repentia scrambled across the wreckage to slay the Carnifex while the warriors finished off the Seraphim

the two units facing each other, the warriros got the charge, decimating the (nearly) nude ladies!

The gaunts continued to swarm over the Relic, coming face-first with the amassed tanks!

The Tyrant was stood infront of the Exorcist battery as they opened fire, leaving just the Tyrant on one wound...

when the Dominions screamed onto the board from the flank and shot it dead!

The warriors made short work of the surviving Repentia and advanced on the group of tanks..
    rolling 1's is an art...
    Stuff for sale / trade

As they managed to immobilise the closest immolator, the other sisters units piled out of their vehicles and in a mix of bolter and flamer fire annihilated the gaunts!

all that was left at the end of the game was two Warriors facing the immolators and exorcists while the Sisters secured the relic...
    rolling 1's is an art...
    Stuff for sale / trade

nice writing on the banner. looks painstaking

thanks!
    i translated a book into Latin for the banner, but need a new brush to make it a bit more readable...

i've not done alot; having a Secret Santa to make and Guard Orders Markers to make, done some more work to the first Exorcist

Name:	exorcist.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	170.7 KB 
ID:	183797
    The sides need bulking out, along with making some armoured exhausts (like the vindicator) then a rose sculpting on the blank armourplate and i think she'll do!
    rolling 1's is an art...
    Stuff for sale / trade

Scout

very nice work you got going on here. I think you got a bad case of pink eye tho and need to get that sorted.

intresting relic (i think you shall have to use it as a weapon should you loose)

Ladies and gents, Mr Unstoppable Dark Eldar himself :-)
    You gonna post the list here afore our game (next year now; got 2 diffrrent Guard opponents this sunday!)
    see the battle report? Was your list there right?

Scout

haha unstoppable i like that, i shall have that put onto a badge. Ye the list looked more or less correct (the list i used worked out to 1448pts) so after xmas we shall have a rematch with my refined shotty list lol

so, it's been a while but i've still be working on the Sisters!
    been playing 2/3 games every sunday and so far they win/draw more than lose!

thanks to the Amazing Captain Brown i've got some Heavy Flamers now!

basing still needs doing but i'm looking for the right texture!
    you may notice the opaque immolator hatch; grombol has failed me in locating 'em so bought these from shapeways. i thought i'd gone for the clear ones but apparently not!
    still, once cash is flowing a bit better i'll order me some replacements

you may notice it's only a 5-girl unit, i've dropped one from each squad to afford some priests...

one is the actual model, the other a conversion i threw together to use while waiting for the metal guy to arrive!

i've hit a block with the Exorcists... while two are stripped and reassembled, i'm struggling with the front armour.

Some half-assed putty work due to my inability to decide what i'm doing!
    i'm tempted to find some thick plasticard and rebuild the front big and heavy to represent the AV13...

i've started work on the Repentia, Seraphim and the managed to paint strip the canoness so hopefully i'll be able to push this plog forward!

cheers for looking!
    rolling 1's is an art...
    Stuff for sale / trade

so, been a long while but i have been working on the Sisters!
    i've gotten all the sisters on foot done, the canoness and priests along with a Conclave!
    i've also been losing alot of games; mainly through terrible dice rolls or rolling Kill Point Missions!

so, here's my latest game against a Khorne Daemons list:
    Bloodthirster
    16x Bloodletters (banner)
    Khorne Daemon Prince
    Khorne Daemon Prince
    Skullcannon-thingy

Name:	01.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	132.1 KB 
ID:	189853

and i'm running:

canoness:Rosarius, ophelia, power maul: 120
    Priest: Litanies Of Faith: 40
    Battle Conclave: +6 (9), 7x Death Cultists, 2x Crusaders, Rhino: 175
    Sisters: heavy flamer, flamer, immolator: 135
    Seraphim +4 (9): 135
    Dominion: +4 (9), 4x Storm Bolter, Power Maul, Repressor, storm bolter 232
    Exorcist: storm bolter 130

Name:	02.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	149.4 KB 
ID:	189854

Fighting to control the objective in the centre, one unit of Bloodletters sat in reserve, the 'thirster and one daemonprince on a flank, the cannon and other prince on the other

Name:	03.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	99.0 KB 
ID:	189855

opposite, the unit of Deathcultists and Seraphim moved to intercept on the left, the immolators providing a screen for the Exorcistswhile the Canoness and dominions outflanked in their Repressor (denying Slay The Warlord and providing Linebreaker.. hopefully!)

Name:	04.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	117.4 KB 
ID:	189856
    rolling 1's is an art...
    Stuff for sale / trade

Daemon Turn one provided advances, and the Cannon penetrated an Immolator for a Stunned result

Name:	05.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	127.5 KB 
ID:	189857

In return an Exorcist knocked the cannons' gun off!

Name:	06.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	125.4 KB 
ID:	189858
    while the rest of the sisters' guns slammed into the 'thirster

Name:	07.jpg 
Size:	102.1 KB 
ID:	189859
    and the Winds Of Chaos knocked a wound off've a daemonprince!

Name:	08.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	138.7 KB 
ID:	189860

The reserve Bloodletters scattered badly and ended up back in reserve...

Name:	09.jpg 
Size:	126.5 KB 
ID:	189861
    more bloodletters advanced on the Seraphim while the Deathcult clambered out of their rhino

Name:	10.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	153.1 KB 
ID:	189862
    The 'letters assaulted the seraphim and the first rank were shot down in overwatch

Name:	11.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	156.6 KB 
ID:	189863
    however the 'letters slaughtered the entire unit!

Name:	12.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	165.0 KB 
ID:	189864
    rolling 1's is an art...
    Stuff for sale / trade

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast