To whom it may concern........or not.

I have been involved in the hobby for almost 18 years and spent much of my time and treasure on your products. I realise that this probably won't be read but I feel like I have to say something. I fear that the direction GW has taken is going to lead to the slow death of a company that has provided great joy to many people.

GW's choice to see it's customers as nothing more than a nuisance with a bank account is to the company’s detriment, the choice not to embrace the internet and social media is a mistake, many of your competitors have embraced social media and involve their customers through the use of forums, they get involved with their customer base, both new and current. As GW is no longer THE company that produces miniatures many people are turning to your competitors, in fact one of your competitors is based on the same site as your HQ and are constantly expanding their miniature range and games. It is a sad fact that many people are turning away from GW because of the company’s refusal to engage with it's customer base and, I know you don't want to hear this, the prices. £30 for ten miniatures is too much and the company is pricing many people out, if there were more miniatures in the box you might be able to get away with it, but for £30 with one of your competitors you can walk away with 40 to 60 high quality plastic miniatures. Surely you want to prevent customers exclusively shopping on auction sites for your products?

I know that the opinion or concerns of one customer is of no interest to the company but I do not want to see the company fail because I genuinely enjoy the universe created by GW. You only need to glance at a hobby forum to see the despair that has gripped GW fans, they are leaving for other game systems in droves. I think the company really needs to get involved with its customer base, hire someone to monitor an official GW forum or social media sites, take criticism on the chin, don't just ignore the fan base. It is understood that you need to protect your IP but the actions taken have given GW the reputation of a bully, also forcing gaming websites to stop using your products was an odd step because, one it was free advertising and two it created new customers! All your customers know that at the end of the day the goal is to make a profit selling miniatures like any other company, but surely to increase profits you want to bring more people into the fold and keep existing gamers, instead people are actively looking elsewhere to get their gaming fix, surely based on the end of year financial report its obvious that GW is haemorrhaging customers.

Yours sincerely,

A concerned customer