Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: 40K Radio - release schedule -> June

40K Radio - release schedule -> June

From their Facebook page:

Here is a list of some big time "rumors" we got before recording last night:

Imperial Knight Titan: 1 kit will make all the versions.

Imperial Knight Titan Codex: Three armies in this book.
    1st Army: Imperial Knights Army
    2nd Army: Mechanicum Army
    3rd Army: Freeblades Army (Mercs that can ally)

Warhammer 40k 7th Edition (Yes it is called 7th ed) in May.

Astra Militarium (Imperial Guard):
    Stormtroopers (plastic)
    Bullgryns (old Ogryns)
    Commissar Squads
    New Larger Transport

Stormtroopers, Commissar Squads, and Bullgryns are Astra Auxilary. These units may be taken as "plug-ins" to other Imperial armies.

Catachans and Cadians are covered in the new codex. Catachans are not going to direct only.

Orks are in June.

Kyle
    As a long-time Goblin player, I can reliably inform you that failure is ALWAYS an option.

Painting Log - Circle Orboros - Warpwolves FTW!
    Terrain Log - Circle Orboros themed terrain for Hordes

Librarian

Re: 40K Radio - release schedule -> June

Cool, do these guys have a very good track record?

Yes, they have a very good track record. Currently at 97 % correct for the rumours they've posted.

Some of these things seem rather far-fetched to me, but they appear to have been correct about this Knight model which they were the first to report, so I guess one should believe them.
    As a long-time Goblin player, I can reliably inform you that failure is ALWAYS an option.

Painting Log - Circle Orboros - Warpwolves FTW!
    Terrain Log - Circle Orboros themed terrain for Hordes

Quote Originally Posted by Wakerofgods View Post
    Cool, do these guys have a very good track record?
    Yes. I'd probably say the best track record of the current crop of rumourmongers.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by OuroborosTriumphant View Post
    Yes. I'd probably say the best track record of the current crop of rumourmongers.
    That's exciting, I'm just starting 40k and haven't even played a game yet so now would be a convenient time for everyone to be adjusting to new rules and talking about them! Also I'm playing CSM and want to use marine models from as many different lines as possible so a new starter set would be another set of cheap marines to add to my heretical horde .

Iiiinteresting. If this is true GW's going all in on the anything-goes philosophy.

Commissar squads seems a bit odd. Who gets shot if they fail a morale check?

Astra Militarium (Imperial Guard):
    Stormtroopers (plastic)
    Bullgryns (old Ogryns)
    Commissar Squads
    New Larger Transport

Stormtroopers, Commissar Squads, and Bullgryns are Astra Auxilary. These units may be taken as "plug-ins" to other Imperial armies.
    Bizarre, and finally bizarre enough to make me quite skeptical. I'm not buying that 3/4 of an Imperial Guard release is going to be allied units for other codices. Not to mention that commissar "squads" are nonsensical on the face of it- they're political officers. Who are they even leading?

Nor do these rumors fill many of the rather gaping holes in the model line, which up to now seems to have been a priority for GW.
    Last edited by Formerly Wu; 14-02-2014 at 17:19.
    /////
    Tales of the Sefirem Sector - Narrative Battle Reports
    Imperial Guard of the Sefirem Sector - Project Log

Chapter Master
    Now Terra...Soon HOLY...Eastern fringes of Europe

Quote Originally Posted by Theocracity View Post
    .... Who gets shot if they fail a morale check?
    The officer of course ...
    Very interesting news...Especially Imperial Knight Titan Codex ...But I supposed that it's not going to be on paper ...
    IG: 2th Company/9th IG Hohenstaufen Regiment.
    "La garde meurt, mais il ne se rend pas"
    "To hell and back...Again"

Knights, Mechanicum & Mercs in one book?

Take my money.

Chapter Master my_name_is_tudor's Avatar

The Commissar 'squad' could actually be a set that you buy as one unit and distribute among your army. I often thought a Necron Royal Court box might be fun.

Another Imperial Codex eh? Woo!
    I am on Twitter.

Three armies or three "armies". Given that it's likely to be a weekly release with the rules in the magazine, I can see this being some sort of "This guy can be fielded in all sorts of situations like..." rather than codex lists with points etc.

They're likely a redo of the old Rogue Trader Commissar training squads, with one real Commissar as the squad leader and Cadet Commissars as the squaddies. In addition to reintroducing an old unit, this box will functionally make two more infantry regiments possible - Terrax Guard and possibly Mordian Iron Guard. Might even be the real purpose behind it, while still allowing Cadian and Catachan based armies to use the box.
    "Kaylee, find that kid who's taking a dirt nap with baby Jesus. We need a hood ornament."
    -Captain Malcom Reynolds, Serenity outtakes
    "You always win by running away."
    -Captain Justy Ueki Tylor

Quote Originally Posted by my_name_is_tudor View Post
    The Commissar 'squad' could actually be a set that you buy as one unit and distribute among your army. I often thought a Necron Royal Court box might be fun.

Another Imperial Codex eh? Woo!
    That is sort of how I figure it'd work, but then why is that an ally option? What other Imperial armies make sense with commissars scattered about their ranks? Unless they're part and parcel with the storm troopers and bullgryn as some sort of Schola Progenium All-Stars list. But even then that's a weird group of units to be gallivanting about outside of either Inquisiton forces or the Guard.

I trust the rumormonger's record, but there's always the chance that their source is giving them bad info.
    Last edited by Theocracity; 14-02-2014 at 17:33.

I won't buy the Codex, being firmly 2nd Ed only, but models I could use for Mordians or Terrax guard would be most welcome, actually.
    'You will sleep safe tonight.'

The Commissar 'squad' could actually be a set that you buy as one unit and distribute among your army.
    That's actually quite sensible. It removes them from their current status as a mere unit upgrade, returns them to a more independent-ish character role like they were in the 3.5 dex, and lets GW retire the old crop of metal commissars.
    /////

Quote Originally Posted by Formerly Wu View Post
    Bizarre, and finally bizarre enough to make me quite skeptical. I'm not buying that 3/4 of an Imperial Guard release is going to be allied units for other codices. Not to mention that commissar "squads" are nonsensical on the face of it- they're political officers. Who are they even leading?
    It's possible GW is somehow conflating the political commissars (officers) and the NKVD commissiariat, which actually fielded military units sometimes?
    WHEN captaines couragious, whom death cold not daunt;
    Did march to the siege of the citty of Gaunt,
    They mustred their souldiers by two and by three,
    And the formost in battle was Mary Ambree.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt John Keel View Post
    It's possible GW is somehow conflating the political commissars (officers) and the NKVD commissiariat, which actually fielded military units sometimes?
    Well they've always done that. But the classic image of the 40k commissar is as a lone figure rallying the troops, not a squad of enforcers.

Although as Morkai points out and I was unaware of, apparently commissar-in-training squads have precedent. So who knows.
    /////

The Commissar 'squad' could actually be a set that you buy as one unit and distribute among your army.
    That's exactly what I expect GW to do when they eventually plasticise Warlocks, makes perfect sense.

I can say one thing for certain - if this style of ally-friendly minidexes continues, the Ork release is going to have a focus on mercenaries and pirates. I would be much more inclined to predict a release that involves kommandos and flash gits.

Chapter Master

Quote Originally Posted by Formerly Wu View Post
    Not to mention that commissar "squads" are nonsensical on the face of it- they're political officers. Who are they even leading?
    Matches the old Rogue Trader commissar training squad where Commissars gained battle experience as their own unit. So a "proper" commissar showing the trainees the ropes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Son of Morkai View Post
    They're likely a redo of the old Rogue Trader Commissar training squads, with one real Commissar as the squad leader and Cadet Commissars as the squaddies.
    Precisely.

Using the auxilia in a lot of armies allows maximum sales of the new kits. In the current environment not a surprise.

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast