Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: "Remember, we just here for the loot" A Warhammer Quest Tale

Re: "Remember, we just here for the loot" A Warhammer Quest Tale

hi all, wow Eboli 2 years I cant believe its been that long, but I bet you lv every minute of it, something to call yours. goals, goals well I can tell you all now
    - painting will be the last thing as I like modelling more
    Whats left for me to buy before I can say I'm happy
    -More tiles lol
    - 25 mm scale rowing boat
    - 6 squig Hoppers
    - 6 squigs
    - Battleforge's dead halflings and mushrooms
    - dreadfleet scenery
    - Night goblin shaman and boss
    One Cave troll
    and Heroes mainly from the avatars of war and certain gws models.

I would say although its not a big list to me its a expensive list so time, save and save again bit by bit and build as I go along.
    <

Hi all just a small update with 6 weeks to go very little modelling wise been done but getting my list of what I want is getting smaller by the day.
    What little progress I have done is on my 3D map for the Story quest to take place using mighty empires. Now using the Stagimites from the underworld terrain box I made the mountains to be little bit more higher to get the height I wanted, I be burning most of the sections mainly to connect river sections I didn't have and to create the sea it wont be brilliant but it be to my liking. just wish there was more mountains in the boxset 6 tiles is really nothing to what I would of liked.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P4170300.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	70.2 KB 
ID:	191721Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P4170301.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	43.3 KB 
ID:	191722Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P4170304.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	49.6 KB 
ID:	191723Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P4170303.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	48.5 KB 
ID:	191724
    Dixon Miniatures have an excellent range of old fashion models and the pirate section these rowing boats were ideal and price was good too. Battle forge I got my Dead halflings from but I had to laugh I didn't realise the gws Halfling I had was quite so small compared to their company. Not worried but a surprise none the less.

Name:	P4170310.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	31.7 KB 
ID:	191726Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P4170311.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	33.0 KB 
ID:	191727

Name:	P4170309.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	37.7 KB 
ID:	191725Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P4170316.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	31.5 KB 
ID:	191728
    I saw hobbit 2 and loved it, I saw the bear model and I had to have it but im going to have fun trying to scale it down to the base sizes I would of like to have so I decided that this piece will be a random encounter so a one of and the same for the River Trolls after much thinkin (My Wife would lol at that) I only ever really like the hunched over with his dinner since I saw it when release, the other two were just there. so I decided I just have the one river troll I like and use the three cave trolls all of which I lv the model cast of.

Name:	P4180365.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	45.5 KB 
ID:	191729Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P4170314.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	51.4 KB 
ID:	191730
    And to finish it off parting shot of my collection in its starting stages and my latest buys include
    Ogre Pirate
    two sets of squig herders (6 Squigs)
    two sets of Squig Hoppers ( 10 Hoppers)
    <

Hi so I been burning the hell out of my board to create the sea effect I'm now happy to show the finished results. I also re burned out the river and did a wave effect the best I could with the model tiles.

Name:	P4230457.jpg 
Size:	44.0 KB 
ID:	192021Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P4220449.jpg 
Size:	56.6 KB 
ID:	192022Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P4220448.jpg 
Size:	78.6 KB 
ID:	192023

Name:	P4230461.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	51.9 KB 
ID:	192024Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P4230458.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	51.0 KB 
ID:	192025Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P4230459.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	57.4 KB 
ID:	192026

Name:	P4230460.jpg 
Size:	49.6 KB 
ID:	192027
    <

Really liking how the dungeon tiles are coming together, we are like minds in choices of Hirst Art moulds. The savage trolls are well done; look forward to more on them as you go
    [Eastern Empire] [The Scythes][Warhammer Quest]
    Tau, Marines and Warhammer Quest Adventures.

<

Thank you Shas'El Tael for your comments, this is a quick notice to say this project won't have any updates for a while, my future baby is trying to come out 4 weeks early, so all hands on atm. Some annoying news, my first tile has been accidently broken or rather step and bounce on by my dog(sounds crap as I say it but its true) he got into our bedroom which is off limits the door bell went, while playing with my shoes and well he went bonkers, you can guess the rest what I found with the casts there are no clean breaks, it shatters and crumbles, chalk dust comes to mind so may need to rethink a more sturdier design, going forward. we see what next couples of weeks bring.
    Richard
    <

All the best mate .... end of the day it is just toys, take care of real life first.
    <

Veteran Sergeant

ahhh bummer Richard, I guess you have to look at it as an opportunity to improve on an already impressive design
    <

Hope everything is ok.

BTW I love your idea of using Mighty Empires tiles as a sort of map for WHQ. I may have to pinch it!
    <

Hi everything is ok, going to turn the naughty blighter next week, so still have some time to do stuff lol.
    Thank you for your post comments.

I be honoured that you would pinch the idea Daemonslave lol, if you need tiles send me a email I got spare river and normal tiles, while on the subject. If anyone has got the mighty empires tiles and is happy to sell the mountain tiles I be happy to buy them.

Besides buying texture paint to do the forest outline and 6+ more mountain tiles, I've finished with my map. I have burnt out more roads and re done some of the bends in the river.

Name:	P4270549.jpg 
Size:	56.4 KB 
ID:	192624
    The top four tiles on the left and the top two on the right are to be replace with mountains once I get some, if am lucky all the way down on the left as well.

Name:	P4270545.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	46.5 KB 
ID:	192625Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P4270546.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	62.9 KB 
ID:	192626Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P4270548.jpg 
Size:	49.0 KB 
ID:	192627
    I wanted to make my own mark on some of the towns and castles. I wanted a capital and a fortified harbour trade post, so continue my quests with a boat to other lands, I leave that to your imagination. and the castle pieces wasn't castle enough lol.

Name:	P4270550.jpg 
Size:	63.8 KB 
ID:	192628Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P5030564.jpg 
Size:	61.1 KB 
ID:	192629
    Here's what they look like on the map.

Name:	P4270552.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	59.9 KB 
ID:	192630Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P4270553.jpg 
Size:	57.1 KB 
ID:	192631
    I found if you cut the back of the mine piece it fits really well into the mountain terrain, looking like its part of the tile and the settlement if cut and place right looks like its part of the landscape in the mountains as well. also a close up of my coastal path.

Name:	P5030567.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	56.8 KB 
ID:	192632 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P5030570.jpg 
Size:	57.4 KB 
ID:	192633
    Last two pics are close ups of the landscape trying to depict the burnt out river and roads, quite fun really, my workmates look at me daft but I was quite sad when I has no more burning to do lol. And my version of laketown.
    <

I really like the idea of using mighty empires as a map for your quests, have been toying with idea myself, but have only got as far as collecting some second tiles from ebay. Yours look really good, especially like the city.
    Have seen another in a fantasy thread where fella had walled mounted finished map in a frame, looked good. Look forward to seeing yours painted, when you get chance.
    <

Hi Daxio thanks if you like I got some tiles I don't need if you want them. river forest and normal. arragh I knew I wouldn't be the only one to think of framing it. I plan to somehow make a impression of a scroll with both sides rolled with the map in the middle like, the scene from the hobbit first film billbo baggins house, around table, Gandalf has map on table. I won't get that far till I get more mountain tiles, which I can tell you is pretty hard and making my own doesn't has the same effect so, wait and save wait and save.
    <

Cheers that's really kind Richard, you keep em, you never know when they might come in useful.
    Go look at the Terrain project log, called Warhammer Table (on page 1), by Morglum Necksnapper, page 8 - took me ages to track down. That fella makes some fantastic stuff, including a framed mighty empires map.
    The whole log is worth a look, great stuff.
    <

Hi all
    Daxio I have one word for that terrain blog...Envy lol could never be able to do something of that level. Wife's find so had some hrs of thought on what to do about dungeon. Since my dog's accident I found the mold's to break earlier than what I would have hope. they easy to work with and I am still considering on using the molds when the cash flow is back to start again. few changes though.

The tiles are 36mm not 40mm, so instead of having the boards 240mm square they be smaller 216mm square. Less scenery but still same design. I will paint them one by one and put then in boxes away from little hands and deff away from furry paws. Means I may not get the same colour tone, but their safe. if I do go down this route then all my dungeons will be based on one theme, I wont have the money to do another, but will look good. got plenty of ideas on how to literate it, but still one design.

The idea has only come to me the last couple of nights upon looking around, if I based the corridors and rooms on the original design like many before me in plastic or resin it be more solid and less likely to break. I found this company that produce resin dungeon tiles which I thought would do the trick and a company who do this door for 28mm scale models. im not a graphic designer but I made a mock up of what the tiles would look like boards be 40mm square bases then a 20mm strip around each board, give plenty of room between boards and the gap from tile to tile would be enough to place a door on. below is a L Bend close up, then a dugeon design outlook. I don't mind which way, but going forward the Cavern molds would be more expensive than the resin bases and doors. being three resin tiles to two cave tiles.

Name:	Tiles.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	9.0 KB 
ID:	192975 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Door.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	37.1 KB 
ID:	192976

Name:	LBend.png 
Views:	35 
Size:	299.5 KB 
ID:	192977 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dungeon.png 
Size:	160.0 KB 
ID:	192978

Please let me know what you think I got plenty of time but your thoughts would be helpful. thks
    <

This is cool! subbed
    <

It all looks and sounds like a good idea to me.
    What were you gonna base you tiles onto? Or can you buy a suitable base from the company that do the tiles?
    I loved your original board designs, they worked very well, look forward to seeing the new ones.
    <

Hi all
    Thanks Daxio and Andy_T.

More thinking I found Tabletop Workshop GO SEE THEIR WEBSITE UP AND COMING BUT BRILLANT HARD PLASTIC THIN MEDIEVIL BUILDINGS IN PARTICULAR A CASTLE IN PARTS!!!

Daxio the biggest tiles the company do is 50 x 100 but I was thinking same idea as the cave to do a wider base and path on top, that way if I put say a skeleton or crates either side you can still see models clear but doesn't take from the game atsmosphere.
    I got myself thinking if I bought a wall I could cut the wall into ruin parts and place them on both sides not to high but to create the atmosphere that your in a bricked up corridor.

Heres another concept of my 3D design bad I know and the walls on the next.

Name:	path.png 
Size:	189.7 KB 
ID:	193117 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	path3D.png 
Size:	241.6 KB 
ID:	193118

Tabletop Workshop go see for any terrain lovin makers

Name:	wall.jpg 
Size:	94.9 KB 
ID:	193119 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wall2.jpg 
Size:	45.9 KB 
ID:	193120 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wall3.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	78.2 KB 
ID:	193121
    <

Hi everyone, well although I haven't been on here I have been keeping tracks on all your projects and all are looking great including the newcomers to the fold.

I would like to announce today at two weeks old who could not wait anymore and came a week early our baby girl Isabella Kathleen.

Name:	P5210926.jpg 
Size:	41.9 KB 
ID:	194335

So as you can see my hands will be tided for awhile but I will come back. I'm looking at different ways to make my dungeon to what I want atm the moment am looking into using dreadfleet scenery to make a cavern dungeon , I let you know how that gets on when I have a chance.

Name:	untitled.png 
Views:	62 
Size:	82.6 KB 
ID:	194336

keep questing, I be back soon.
    <

Brother Sergeant

Congratulations - let me tell you from recent experience, they take a lot of your time, I haven't touched a paintbrush in 2 years. I catch the odd 1/2 hour but usually too head shot to even contemplate concentrating on painting.....mines 2 1/2 now.
    <

That's great news fella, congratulations, take time to enjoy your family, all this stuff will still be here and we look forward to hearing from you when you can. Congrats again.
    <

Thks Talion and Daxio should be fun, our first is two years and a month now so I only get night time hobbying if any lol. , my wife is already rolling her eyes at me as our first is already looking at gws picture books with me and laughing.
    <

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast