For my next army, I am looking at Warriors of Chaos. Being a friendly game gamer, I am not really all that interested in winning games. I am more interested in using the rules as a framework to create games that are fun, fair and tactically challenging.

As such, taking a quick look over the Warriors of Chaos army, I am concerned that it may be a bit boring as it is all about smashing in close combat. It got me thinking, maybe I could invent some new shooting units. Does anyone have any thoughts on what such units might look like? I am thinking of Marauders with Viking style bows, javelins or throwing axes in both units that skirmish and fight in ranks. I also think some new artillery options like Marauder ballistae or stone throwers too. Another thing that is very important to me is to make such new units fit well into the game background.

Would these possible new unit choices make Warriors more interesting and enjoyable? Would it change the overall play style so much that all units would require re-pointing? Would this be a good idea?