Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Warhammer Quest : Mission To complete

Re: Warhammer Quest : Mission To complete

Epic painting space. Makes my dining room table look very... basic (which it is of course!)
    Great job I especially love those HeroQuest guys they have a special place in my heart!
    Last edited by StormbringerGT; 14-06-2014 at 19:33.

Veteran Sergeant

I'm still here plugging away at the base game minis. I seem to come to a bit of a stand still whenever I get to a point where bases need doing o_O
    Mantic Dungeon quest kickstarter is keeping me occupied at the minute, looks like fun! Ive backed it, has anyone else????

I've pledged managed to get an early bird too. Looks like it will be an entertaining game. Was originally in it for the tiles to add to Whq but this game has grown and grown.

Veteran Sergeant

I was too slow for the early bird! I think the mini count seems a bit low, but couldn't resist for all the extras like dungeon furniture, tiles, scenarios that i'm sure are easily adapted to WHQ also. It stung me for $250 atm. hope i get a good exchange rate

Chapter Master

Have backed, not sure what final total pledge will be though. Depends on when pledge manager comes out and how poor I am!

Chapter Master

On the quest to paint all of quest - I have almost finished painting my copy of Space Crusade

Veteran Sergeant

Just to let you all know that I am still alive, and still working my way through the main box set..... so much for getting that done before Christmas. Pictures will come upon completion of the main box set, otherwise I might distract myself and slow down to a standstill again :-)
    Pledge manager is out this week for dungeon saga, so need to work out which bits to choose for add-ons. Another distraction, but an exciting one at least. Have also been bidding on expansions on ebay, but they just a bit too rich for me just yet.

Veteran Sergeant

I have at last, got around to sorting my photo collection out into some sort of order. Hurrah! Looking back, the last thing I posted were the Rats, so I will continue on from there. Here are some pics of what I have been doing.
    First up WIP Bats and Spiders.........

Veteran Sergeant

Next I Tidied up the HQ Heroes for use in WQ, finished up the Bats 'n Spiders, painted the Snotlings and based everything from the WQ base game with some newly arrived sculpting tools and Green stuff.

Tried with different camera settings......(Didn't work so good)

The hordes, for me the bats seemed near endless to paint. Congrats on a pile of Level 1 minions! Had not thought to base this lot in my own collection but seeing them all gathered so, makes me reconsider that finish.
    [Eastern Empire] [The Scythes][Warhammer Quest]
    Tau, Marines and Warhammer Quest Adventures.

Nice looking critters.

Veteran Sergeant

cheers for your support fellas, keeps me motivated to finish!

Here we have some WIP shots

Orc Archers:

Orc Swordsman:

Minotaurs:

None are finished yet but progress is at least being made! Also taking these pics has alerted me to the fact that I need to get some anti shine matt varnish. I think that will help with the Orc swordsman in particular. As usual any comments good or bad are welcome.

In other news I have been continuing to buy up monsters and expansion packs and will do a full rundown of everything I have gathered as soon as I have finished painting the base game! ( it's quite an extensive list, as is my bank statement to match haha! )
    Mick.

Minotaurs...shudder. (takes prescribed tincture of dreams) I still hear the hooves atop that Elf's pointy head.....

Completelyagree on Matte Varnish, I just cant look at a mini without it.

EDIT : WAIT - Hold Everything! Mantic released a Dungeon Game!!?!? And nobody told me!? (Rush Googles Mantic Dungeon...)
    EDIT : OMG, gutted I missed out.. sigh. Damned international sailing.
    Last edited by Shas'El Tael; 27-02-2015 at 21:57.

Veteran Sergeant

Yes Shas, the Mantic dungeon crawler looks good so far. I think getting all the big names on board is really helping Mantic to take off, that Ronnie is a smart fella.
    I've put my order in on the pledge manager, but release is not until August I think? will put pics up as soon as my set arrives so that you can see what you are missing :-D
    There was a miniatures event on today at Newark which is just down the road from me (Hammerhead?) and I really wanted to go, but had to go to work unfortunately. If i hadn't of heard about it so late Id of booked the day off. some big names of the industry attended such as Jake Thornton, Rick Priestley etc would of loved to have a chat about whats going on at mantic with them but ah well, I guess there should be another event on soon even if i have to travel a bit next time.

Argh.. sorry to hear you miss that one. Look forward to the images when the set arrives Artful

Noted the contributors to the game, the Alpha rules read well enough and the system seems an interesting approach, lively fight.

Veteran Sergeant

Finished up the Orcs except varnish as mentioned earlier, and needs some base work doing but saving that to do in batches.
    Also finished the minotaurs and goblins although I have forgotten to take WIP pics of alot of the stuff. Here is this weeks work anyway...........

Orc:

Minotaurs:

This project is coming along nicely. I especially like the blending between skin and hair on the Minotaurs.

Keep it up!

Veteran Sergeant

Basecoated:

Washed:

Highlighted:

Minotaurs half based:

Other than tidying a few mistakes that I have only noticed after taking pictures, a few bases to touch up and alot of varnishing, that is pretty much my core set complete!

Your minotaurs, orcs and characters are looking good there artful. Took me about 20 years to get the basic characters all painted, so you're doing well.

Veteran Sergeant

Hello again people! Artful is back! First of all, I stopped posting here when 'Beyond the Grey Mountains' opened its forums - I just dont have enough time to post on several different forums paint all the minis and have a life! BTGM has been down for a while now though and im wondering if Sam the owner is going to open it back up again? not sure what the issue is, Domain need renewing, or perhaps he had the letter from GW now that they have released Silver Tower........

anyway, this is the reason i'm back, and would have been sooner if i'd of realised this site was open again also - last time Ichecked it was not working for several days in a row so I gave up!

I might just not be remembering correctly - but i am sure this log had more pages to it - and im sure i posted a picture of my finished base set, doesnt seem to be here anymore though, so I will continue from above and post the finished base game group shots next. then I have a few new bits to show you!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast