Hi all,

It's been a while since I started a new project log (or project for that matter) so I thought I would get the ball rolling with my new Wood Elves army release. I've been waiting to start this for a long time, I was holding off to see what the new treeman would look like... and wow was I impressed. I absolutely love this model and the dryads.

So I kicked the army off with the Guardians of the Deepwood box set: 36 dryads and 3 treemen. As the dryads are completely crap in game, I'm putting them on 40mm bases to use as counts as treekin (as those models are terrible). The plan is to quickly build up a playable 2000pts so I can get them on the table. I'm trying to do a very heavy winter theme, experimenting with as much winter weathering as I can manage. I'm trying to get lots of snow, ice, snow powder, tree branches and fallen leaves on the bases as possible.

Though I've never done a winter theme before so I'm learning as I go - any helpful tips in this regard will be much appreciated! I am writing a fluff background piece (as I do for all my armies) as it helps me set the scene in my head, although this isn't finished so I'll add it in later.

Anyway, without much further ado here are two of my tester treekin models:

All feedback is much appreciated. I'm working on a tester Glade Guard to get a scheme for the non-forest spirits.