Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Who won't survive The End Times?

Brother Sergeant emirparkreiner7's Avatar

Who won't survive The End Times?

Spoilers for The End Times ahead.

Lots of Special Characters have already died in The End Times. I feel like it's safe to say they won't be the only ones. So who else do we think will be finished before The End Times are through?

The pattern I've been noticing relates to the models. I don't think GW was interested in making a new King Louen, Fay Enchantress, or Eltharion model, so why not clean house and get everyone excited at the same time?

Re: Who won't survive The End Times?

Personally I don't think anyone will survive. It's not called the End Times for nothing. The only survivor will be either Nagash or the Daemons of Chaos.
    Gorfang Rotgut - RIP.

Well.. Archaons title is The Lord of The End Times. So I'm going to infer that he survives and is the prevailing threat during this new @ Midnight setting warhammer is set in now. I conclude to this because up until this time his title has been meaningless and odd since up until now there has been no End Times, for him to lord over.. Unless it's a title given through prophecy.
    I doubt it, but it would be great if they redid his model like the new mortriarchs (spelling?). And just made him much larger, and of course make his mount suitably more crazy and chaosy than a Clydesdale with spikes coming out of him.

I'd also like to point out that perhaps none of those awesome dread fleet captains have been reported dead, that I can think of. So at least a fragment of Araby could still live on...
    Last edited by Pariah-Miniatures; 17-09-2014 at 02:57.
    Like what you see? Visit my Blog: http://pariah-miniatures.blogspot.com/

I would love for GW to have the balls to kill archaon, they won't but that would be sweet

Enviado desde mi Nexus 5 mediante Tapatalk

Brother Sergeant

Well, with estalia and tilea down, I'm guessing we'll probably lose cathay, nippon, ind and araby too... as for playable factions? What worked for the tomb kings (joining the undead legion) could also work for the beastmen (joining the chaos legion?).

I think most 6th edition or older special characters will die, as I'm not sure GW is interested in replacing them and would rather give them a fitting end. Gorthor, Skrolk, Oxyotl, Galrauch, to name few. Also characters like King Alrik and Prince Imrik who were removed from the army book might go down. I also think Malekith is not off the table either.

I would be surprised if all the major Vampire characters survive this. I think Mannfred might get squished by Nagash eventually.

Apart from that, I can pretty much guarantee random Empire halberdier #157 won't make it out alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Warpsoul View Post
    I think Mannfred might get squished by Nagash eventually.
    I'd much rather see Vlad pull it off.
    Significantly more entertaining character and I'm incredibly happy to see him make a return, Manfred has made it obvious he wants Vlad killing as soon as possible - and I know who I'd rather see live.

The robot of justice, Gekiganger 3!

Commander

Games Workshop

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Hurin View Post
    Games Workshop
    This is perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Gekiganger View Post
    I'd much rather see Vlad pull it off.
    Significantly more entertaining character and I'm incredibly happy to see him make a return, Manfred has made it obvious he wants Vlad killing as soon as possible - and I know who I'd rather see live.

Truth.

As for the 'Games Workshop' comment above, shame on you!

Commander

Oh, come on I was just saying what everyone else was thinking! :P

Obviously I hope this isn't the case, but with so much on the line story-wise, it can only go one of two ways: spectacularly well or spectacularly disasterously. It won't be a fizzle-out like the last Storm of Chaos, it'll either be "Oh **** yeah, that was AWESOME! I can't wait to see what they're coming up with now!" or "Seriously, two of my armies and all of my favourite characters were wiped out for THAT?! Guess it's time to eBay the armies..."

So far it seems like it's worked out ok for them. I was totally scared off with the advent of 8th and shelved my armies, selling off a big chunk. This has gotten me interested in revitalizing at least one of them. Only time will tell how long the renewed interest lasts though, as I'm a little reluctant to leap in head-first with so many unknowns on the horizon.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Hurin View Post
    Games Workshop
    Haha maybe. I think GW will survive due to the infinite number of people who think space marines are awesome. it could be the End of Times for warhammer fantasy though. I think 9th will possibly be the last edition for a long time. The setting took 2-3 decades to build up and the various pieces fitted together, well more or less, mostly though things were nice and open ended with open possibility for anyone against anyone (for a while SOC disrupted that but luckily they decided to write it out). GW will get a short-term windfall from people buying the EoT book, but in the long run I fear that these changes will make the setting poorer.
    Last edited by Craze_b0i; 17-09-2014 at 22:29.
    Gorfang Rotgut - RIP.

I think people are seriously over reacting and over estimating GW's willingness to completely destroy thier fluff for no gain.
    Some characters will die, maybe others come back, and others might be invented, but I don't think the final damage will be enough to end the story.
    Also, I doubt they will even mention the other human countries of the world like Cathay and such. They spent so meny years ignoring them completely I think they belive most players won't even remember they exist.
    And if they would touch upon that it'll have to be something other then invasion. As Chathay is massive and has huge armies at its desposal, even bigger then the Empire from what I remember.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLaughingGod View Post
    There, I said it, old Necrons are the Twilight of the 40k setting. Now they're Interview with a Vampire.

Quote Originally Posted by Grok View Post
    I think people are seriously over reacting and over estimating GW's willingness to completely destroy thier fluff for no gain.
    Some characters will die, maybe others come back, and others might be invented, but I don't think the final damage will be enough to end the story.
    Also, I doubt they will even mention the other human countries of the world like Cathay and such. They spent so meny years ignoring them completely I think they belive most players won't even remember they exist.
    And if they would touch upon that it'll have to be something other then invasion. As Chathay is massive and has huge armies at its desposal, even bigger then the Empire from what I remember.
    They do mention Cathay in first Nagash book...

Also they're not destroying anything for "no gain". It's to create something new moving forwards and it's working so far.
    You grow up and you calm down
    You're working for the clampdown

Quote Originally Posted by tristessa View Post
    They do mention Cathay in first Nagash book...

Also they're not destroying anything for "no gain". It's to create something new moving forwards and it's working so far.
    I stand corracted on the first part then, but I still can't see any good thing that can come out of destroying several decades worth of story. Changing and evolving I can see, but it hardly needs a full blown new slate to be achived.
    There, I said it, old Necrons are the Twilight of the 40k setting. Now they're Interview with a Vampire.

Commander

I stand corracted on the first part then, but I still can't see any good thing that can come out of destroying several decades worth of story. Changing and evolving I can see, but it hardly needs a full blown new slate to be achived.
    Decades worth of story? Cathay? Hah.

Same thing goes for Tilea, Estalia and unfortunately; Araby.

As Chathay is massive and has huge armies at its desposal, even bigger then the Empire from what I remember.
    The first merit badge in Warhammer is "Killed a Dwarf Hold", analogously Cathay's size and might is irrelevant - it will be killed off on a whim, to aggrandize some two-bit villain (Daemons? Greenskins? Ogres, in a final act of revenge for the Maw meteor?).
    Orphaned grandspawn of the 19th century.

Commander

Quote Originally Posted by BattleofLund View Post
    The first merit badge in Warhammer is "Killed a Dwarf Hold", analogously Cathay's size and might is irrelevant - it will be killed off on a whim, to aggrandize some two-bit villain (Daemons? Greenskins? Ogres, in a final act of revenge for the Maw meteor?).
    The Cathayans are, thankfully, being taken out by a people far more numerous than even they: the Kurgan.

Quote Originally Posted by Kotrag View Post
    Decades worth of story? Cathay? Hah.

Same thing goes for Tilea, Estalia and unfortunately; Araby.
    I was obviously talking about the entire Warhammer world, not just Cathay.
    I still don't think they will completely erase everything but I'm starting to run out of reasons for that belief... :P

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast