Page 1 of 76 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: Hints on what's coming next on the E T from BL weekender

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Chapter Master

Hints on what's coming next on the E T from BL weekender

The next #whfantasy The End Times books/stories will be by Gav Thorpe (soon, Malekith) and... Guy Haley (goblins ?) #BLWEEKENDER #BLW14
    Source:black librarium twitter

Yes,it's talking about tie-in novels most likely but those haven't moved too far from the actual ET books so far so...
    In an age of darkness...The truth must die
    ------
    The sons of Bretonnia were the most valiant in the world,he decreed.They would not wait meekly whilst the realm crumbled around them.The land would be cleansed,the creatures of darkness slaughtered and driven into the ocean.
    Bretonnia would ride out once more:for honour,for the king,and for the Lady!

Re: Hints on what's coming next on the E T from BL weekender

Rumors say the books called: The Curse of Khaine.
    Well, looks like War is next.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TheRiverTrollKing View Post
    Rumors say the books called: The Curse of Khaine.
    Well, looks like War is next.

Stupid 4-horsemen-theory is stupid, especially now that 5 books is almost certainly the way this goes down.

Quote Originally Posted by Darnok View Post
    Now what if I tell you that 1.) the Elves ET book will come with no models alongside it and 2.) there will be two more ET books after it?
    Darnok, just to clarify its a GW ET book (stories and rules) and not a BL fluff book, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wonderwolf View Post
    Stupid 4-horsemen-theory is stupid, especially now that 5 books is almost certainly the way this goes down.
    Its soo fun reading you backing up a Darnok rumor.
    And no, 4 horsemen is not a stupid thoery, its a sub theme running along the plot that helps the armagedon situation feel even more dire.
    Quote Originally Posted by Korraz View Post
    They share similarities. But saying they are the same, is like saying Mork is the Orc's interpretation of Tzeentch, since he is the god of brutal schemes
    My random unfinished plog
    http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?401346-Alltakens-mordheim-warbands!]My Mordheim plog

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Alltaken View Post
    Its soo fun reading you backing up a Darnok rumor.
    And no, 4 horsemen is not a stupid thoery, its a sub theme running along the plot that helps the armagedon situation feel even more dire.
    Look who said it some two weeks ago... http://www.warseer.com/forums/showth...29#post7297729

But why wouldn't I back a Darnok-rumour? If it sounds plausible, I'll back a rumour, whether it's Darnok, Faeit, spanish sites or whoever. If it sounds like random guesses based on "expectations" (e.g. Brets), I'll disbelieve it, whether it's Darnok, Faeit, Harry, whoever.

That is the point. I don't judge rumours by their source.

It's precisely this need among Warseer-ites to paint this simpelton black-and-white-world for themselves, where Faeit is always wrong and Harry and Darnok is always right, that is blinding them to actually separating the useful information from the stupidity.

Don't. Judge. Rumours. By. The. Source.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderwolf View Post
    Look who said it some two weeks ago... http://www.warseer.com/forums/showth...29#post7297729

But why wouldn't I back a Darnok-rumour? If it sounds plausible, I'll back a rumour, whether it's Darnok, Faeit, spanish sites or whoever. If it sounds like random guesses based on "expectations" (e.g. Brets), I'll disbelieve it, whether it's Darnok, Faeit, Harry, whoever.

That is the point. I don't judge rumours by their source.

It's precisely this need among Warseer-ites to paint this simpelton black-and-white-world for themselves, where Faeit is always wrong and Harry and Darnok is always right, that is blinding them to actually separating the useful information from the stupidity.

Don't. Judge. Rumours. By. The. Source.
    I know this is derailing but I have this image in my mind of everything you've said being true, you becoming a respected source and then standing, metaphorically, in the middle of a rumour thread screaming "Don't trust me! I could be wrong! NOO DON'T LOOK AT MY USERNAME JUST READ THE *********** WORDS!"
    Last edited by Andy p; 10-11-2014 at 19:58.

From Twitter I gathered that the Guy Haley book would feature Skarsnik.

So this seems to confirm that book 4 will feature Skaven. Given Gav's publishing history, we can be fairly certain that book 3 will be an Elf book (or will feature Dark Angels... )
    Twitter : @BDimetrius

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Dimetrius View Post
    From Twitter I gathered that the Guy Haley book would feature Skarsnik.

So this seems to confirm that book 4 will feature Skaven. Given Gav's publishing history, we can be fairly certain that book 3 will be an Elf book (or will feature Dark Angels... )
    The Dark Angels have tracked a Fallen to the WHFB world and must capture him before the world is consumed by the End Times...

Quote Originally Posted by forseer of fates View Post
    Lizardmen will be lucky to get: and they were all horribly horribly slaughtered.
    More like "And they did a final flyby in their spaceships blasting everyone with lazers of doooooom!!!"
    Last edited by Horus38; 10-11-2014 at 14:24.
    ‘Those who affect masks, and steal their way through shadows, and take the names of others as their own, are more deadly than any blooded warriors.’ – Gallan, On Espiel

Brother Sergeant

Question is when, guy GW was talking about Nids vs BA campaign in December - so I'm hoping January as my budget is screwed now with Christmas

Now what if I tell you that 1.) the Elves ET book will come with no models alongside it and 2.) there will be two more ET books after it?

Nice hint drop there Darnok. I'm somewhat surprised by the first point honestly, but not at all by the second.

I would be intrigued and would like to know more?
    Twitter : @BDimetrius

Ah, there it is. From the begining I've found it odd that the last book wouldn't be "Archaon", so my bet's on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Urgat View Post
    Ah, there it is. From the begining I've found it odd that the last book wouldn't be "Archaon", so my bet's on that.
    Same here. Words.
    ToFP PLOG http://www.warseer.com/forums/showth...37#post7281537

I... umm... will ban you!
    No wonder that you thought 2nd ed 40K sucked. You weren't even playing it.

Please tell me there will be a Greenskin book...

Quote Originally Posted by Urgat View Post
    Two chaos books? How unbelievably lame, what exactly would they put in the rules portion, reprint the chaos legions rules from ET: Glottkin (since that is now out of print)?
    Quote Originally Posted by Konovalev View Post
    Warseer's Warhammer General has become like a nerdy Jerry Springer. It's quite entertaining.
    Calling all AoS fans, please consider joining Warseer's first Age of Sigmar Tale of Painters

Chapter Master Scribe of Khorne's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spiney Norman View Post

Two chaos books? How unbelievably lame, what exactly would they put in the rules portion, reprint the chaos legions rules from ET: Glottkin (since that is now out of print)?
    It doenst have to be the same format throughout of course, but the End Times completing with the Lord of the End Times is how it should have been from the onset. We dont need another unified Chaos list, so it could be a unified list of the last gasp of the mortal armies.

Undead
    Chaos
    Elves
    Skaven and Greenskins?
    Empire/Brets/Dwarves?

Either way I'm set at this point, gooooo Team Chaos!
    Some men, just want to watch the world burn.

Well, in the Nagash book there's a description of what's going on in the Badlands. That description may contain a hint as to which book the Orcs & Goblins are more prominently featured in. Also, Neferata's chapter in Nagash was almost all Vampire Counts vs. Goblins, and one of the chapters in the Glottkin book is also about one of the Nurgle armies having a conflict with Orcs & Goblins.

While the Orc & Goblin presence in the End Times may not be as all-consuming as the chaos presence, they are showing up quite a bit. More than Dwarfs, Lizardmen, Ogres, or Skaven (so far). I think that there are some very specific key players in the End Times, and while some of them may end up being from each species/army in the Warhammer World, we should be ready to accept that not all story lines will involve everybody. As someone who doesn't play Vampire Counts, Tomb Kings, Empire, Daemons of Chaos, Warriors of Chaos, Beastmen, Brettonia, Orcs & Goblins, or Dwarfs, there has been one battle that I could play from these first two books. And that's okay, I'm still enjoying reading everything that is going on in the setting.

I wish I could tell you that every species/army will get its own book, but by the same token, they all already have their own Army Books with setting info that focuses on that specific species/army, and this story isn't a story about what all the other armies are doing while the main characters are enacting End Times scenarios.

Here's hoping that there will continue to at least be a good O&G presence in the other books, and that all the different armies get at least a little treatment, no matter how small. I think they'll probably cover the major players from each species/army, just so we know what our armies are up to, even if their stories aren't totally fleshed out in the End Times books.
    Wargamers love musical theatre. Warhammer is just Guys & Dolls.

Both "Guys" and "Dolls" in this case are gender neutral.

Quote Originally Posted by simonbeard View Post
    I think that there are some very specific key players in the End Times, and while some of them may end up being from each species/army in the Warhammer World, we should be ready to accept that not all story lines will involve everybody. As someone who doesn't play Vampire Counts, Tomb Kings, Empire, Daemons of Chaos, Warriors of Chaos, Beastmen, Brettonia, Orcs & Goblins, or Dwarfs, there has been one battle that I could play from these first two books. And that's okay, I'm still enjoying reading everything that is going on in the setting.

I wish I could tell you that every species/army will get its own book, but by the same token, they all already have their own Army Books with setting info that focuses on that specific species/army, and this story isn't a story about what all the other armies are doing while the main characters are enacting End Times scenarios.

Here's hoping that there will continue to at least be a good O&G presence in the other books, and that all the different armies get at least a little treatment, no matter how small. I think they'll probably cover the major players from each species/army, just so we know what our armies are up to, even if their stories aren't totally fleshed out in the End Times books.
    I rest my case. As an OK player the End Times are nothing more than an interesting (but overpriced) fantasy story, absolutely unrelated to my army. I could begin reading any generic fantasy saga and get the same enjoyment for cheaper, while playing 8th edition with my army exactly the same as one year ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by BramGaunt View Post
    "Wanna know how my wallet got these scars?"
    "It's not about fluff, it's about sending a message."
    "Fours to hit..." "Come on, hit me. Hit me! I want you to do it, I want you to do it..."
    "My father was... a powergamer. And a proxer."

Quote Originally Posted by simonbeard View Post
    Well, in the Nagash book there's a description of what's going on in the Badlands. That description may contain a hint as to which book the Orcs & Goblins are more prominently featured in. Also, Neferata's chapter in Nagash was almost all Vampire Counts vs. Goblins, and one of the chapters in the Glottkin book is also about one of the Nurgle armies having a conflict with Orcs & Goblins.
    I know, there have been some greenskin scenarios, but it would be kind of nice if their named characters (thinking mainly of Wurrzag, Skarsnik and Grimgor here) got some exposure at some point, the adventures of 'random goblin warboss with great weapon' isn't really the kind of narratives arc I was going for, so far the greenskins have basically just been punch-bags for the main pro/antagonists.
    Quote Originally Posted by Konovalev View Post
    Warseer's Warhammer General has become like a nerdy Jerry Springer. It's quite entertaining.
    Calling all AoS fans, please consider joining Warseer's first Age of Sigmar Tale of Painters

I doesn't have to be a "chaos book", it's just Archaon should be its figurehead. It shoulod be an "everybody" book.

Page 1 of 76 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast