Thread: Speculations on who joins Malekith or Tyrion (some spoilers)

Speculations on who joins Malekith or Tyrion (some spoilers)

Basically what the title says, which characters do you think will join the Court of the Phoenix King, and which ones will join the Aestyrion?

So far, according to leaks and spoilers, we know the following characters' allegiances:

Court of the Phoenix King:
    Malekith, obviously
    Teclis
    Alarielle
    Orion
    Imrik
    Caledor Dragontamer
    Durthu
    Caradryan

Aestyrion:
    Tyrion, obviously
    Morathi
    Korhil
    Hellebron? (the Khainite units join so I assume she does)
    Tullaris? (same reason)

And then my personal speculations are:

Court of the Phoenix King:
    Kouran - one would think the only Elf Malekith trusts would also join him
    Naestra & Arahan - seems most Wood Elves have sided with Malekith after Alarielle and Orion did, but they could still join the Aestyrion blaming the death of their mother on Alarielle
    Araloth - similar reasons to Naestra & Arahan, but might join the Aestyrion because his personal Goddess tells him to. Option C has him join neither side because he's busy in the Realm of Chaos, and instead only joins the 3rd 'survivor' faction

Aestyrion:
    Shadowblade - due to Khainite allegiances, but may decide to join Malekith due to having divided loyalties)
    Alith Anar - due to his hatred of Malekith and the Dark Elves, but would not be surprised to see a change of heart / crisis of faith during the final battle
    Drycha - general behaviour has her suit the style going for the Aestyrion, and she hates Ariel
    Malus Darkblade - haven't read his books, but doesn't he hate Malekith? Also, with the reveal that Chaos caused the Elves to decide not to let Malekith become King, I can imagine the Daemon in his sword tempting him into actions to oppose Malekith
    The Phoenix Kings - I can imagine any of the Phoenix Kings that come back to life will oppose Malekith, especially if they learn that Asuryan drove them mad or led them to death

The only one I'm not really certain about is Lokhir Fellheart. Don't really know enough about him to determine where his loyalties would lean.

What do you guys think?
    Last edited by Kerrahn; 24-11-2014 at 03:16. Reason: Fixed Everqueen's name
    Quoth the Primarch: "Nevermore"

"Whichever side knows when to fight and when not to fight will win" - Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Re: Speculations on who joins Malekith or Tyrion (some spoilers)

You have the Everqueen's name wrong.
    Standards are always out of date. That's what makes them standards.

Alan Bennett

It's all speculation. Everything seems based on a Phoenix vs Dragon and Regular Elves vs Khaine Worshippers. Nonetheless there has been the idea that either Undead or Lizardmen will be heavily involved in the Elf storyline. My bet is on the Lizzies, so the following includes such:

Phoenix King
    -DEs: Darkspears, Darkshards, and Bleakswords. Dark Riders. Perhaps Shades, Black Guard, and Hydras
    -HEs: A few of the HE Core, plus Dragon Princes, Dragon Mages, Sisters of Avalorn, Handmaidens, Phoenix Guard, and Phoenix.
    -WEs: All of them

Aestyrion

DEs: The Khaine related Witch Elves, Sisters of Slaughter, etc.
    HEs: Chrace, Hoeth and Lothern related units, and the HE Core units
    WEs: Maybe Treemen, but likely nobody
    Lizardmen: Everything. While not Khainites, They want just to stop Teclis from ending the vortex

Final Army
    Most Everything from HE, WE, DE, and Lizardmen books that isn't related to Khaine.

Just a guess based on what rumors I've seen.
    Proudly servicing the Warseer community with eccentric, if not foolhardy comments since December 30th, 2013.

My 8th Edition Homage (and SDE) Blog

Drycha actually was the one who got Morgiana captured by Mannfred, so it wouldn't surprise me if she was either a bad... spirit, or acting in league with Teclis.

With Alarielle probably taking over Ariel's role, I could see Orion and the Wild Hunt siding with Tyrion out of grief over Ariel's death, blaming Alarielle for not saving her.

Quote Originally Posted by Gropius View Post
    With Alarielle probably taking over Ariel's role, I could see Orion and the Wild Hunt siding with Tyrion out of grief over Ariel's death, blaming Alarielle for not saving her.
    Could have sworn I read someone's spoilers about the book saying Tyrion fights Orion, which is why I had him in the Court of the Phoenix King list in my original post.
    Quoth the Primarch: "Nevermore"

"Whichever side knows when to fight and when not to fight will win" - Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Quote Originally Posted by Kerrahn View Post
    Could have sworn I read someone's spoilers about the book saying Tyrion fights Orion, which is why I had him in the Court of the Phoenix King list in my original post.
    Didn't see that and I don't have the White Dwar myself so it I might be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Gropius View Post
    Didn't Alarielle make some sort of deal with the Wood Elves, and Durthu in particular? She even agreed to whatever they wanted, not knowing what would be demanded of her:

‘But as in those days, there will be a price for the forest’s aid, Everqueen of Ulthuan,’ Durthu said, his ageless eyes fixed on the proud figure of Alarielle. She stood before the council, bound in chains of leaves and vines, as was customary.
    The Everqueen lifted her chin and said, ‘I know nothing of these events, revered ancient, but whatever your price, know that I will pay it willingly and in full.’
    She also seemed quite sincere about wanting to help Ariel, when she exchanged a few words with Araloth, who was going out to try and free her daughter

Quote Originally Posted by DarkChaplain View Post
    Didn't Alarielle make some sort of deal with the Wood Elves, and Durthu in particular? She even agreed to whatever they wanted, not knowing what would be demanded of her:

She also seemed quite sincere about wanting to help Ariel, when she exchanged a few words with Araloth, who was going out to try and free her daughter
    Yes, but Orion doesn't strike me as the most rational and considerate guy, which is why I was thinking he might do what I described. When Ariel went away for a while (after her business with Morathi, I think) Orion started roaming around Loren and Bretonnia demolishing everything in his way.

Chapter Master

Bell of Lost Souls has the lists. Some characters are absent from the ones at the start of the war (Hellebron, for example is only in the list at the end of the war) or from all three lists (Malus, Orien).

According to the End Times: Khaine thread, Tyrion kills Orien (possibly right at the start of the war - which is why he's not in Malekith's army?)