Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Have Tomb Kings just been squatted?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Have Tomb Kings just been squatted?

I decided to get back into fantasy just before the End Times started up, I've always enjoyed the variety of armies available and was glad to be getting back to doing Dwarfs and as a second army was looking at doing the Tomb Kings.
    On the UK site I've just noticed that their army book is classed as no longer available, now I'm aware of the events in the Nagash book and rumours about combining armies together but for the book to disappear seems a bit of a bad show

Chapter Master

Re: Have Tomb Kings just been squatted?

It's no longer available on the US site either. Looks like the rumors of combined army books is either true or Tomb kings are out next month.
    My youtube channel for warhammer stuff
    http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1azFQuzf4TtQ8PjkZB5Ieg
    Warhammer fantasy armies: Bretonnian, Orcs n Goblins
    Hordes Army: Circle Orboros(yeah GW, another of your children has been converted)

A new book would be nice (along with new models) but unfortunately I can't see it happening which is a shame, a combined book isn't too bad but it feels like a lot of potential has been lost with them.
    If their discontinuing the army then it would have been nice if they sold off the range of models cheaper...wishful thinking I know lol
    The other question is which other books might go next?

Veteran Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Dwarf Longbeard View Post
    A new book would be nice (along with new models) but unfortunately I can't see it happening which is a shame, a combined book isn't too bad but it feels like a lot of potential has been lost with them.
    If their discontinuing the army then it would have been nice if they sold off the range of models cheaper...wishful thinking I know lol
    The other question is which other books might go next?
    Considering you can't play any tomb kings in the end times list without the Tomb King book, i suspect this is a case of the book being temporarily out of print.

Quote Originally Posted by teddet View Post
    Considering you can't play any tomb kings in the end times list without the Tomb King book, i suspect this is a case of the book being temporarily out of print.
    Yep. I wouldn't worry just yet

Actully, you should be a happy player since post-ET Tomb Kings are just so much better than before.
    "Winning is just the objective. But having fun is the point of playing." Ramius4

Odd tho, if it's temporarily unavailable it usually says so.
    Here it says that it's no longer available.

It does seem odd that it's sudden;y gone out of stock, it's a really good book if nothing else.
    Though I did wonder if it might get re-released as a soft cover book?
    With parts of it being included in the Nagash book I'm hoping that they'll still have a good amount of background and a nice individual army, even if they are in a combined book

Quote Originally Posted by Dwarf Longbeard View Post
    It does seem odd that it's sudden;y gone out of stock, it's a really good book if nothing else.
    Though I did wonder if it might get re-released as a soft cover book?
    With parts of it being included in the Nagash book I'm hoping that they'll still have a good amount of background and a nice individual army, even if they are in a combined book
    Is it really that surprising? The Nagash book book provides a way to play tomb kings which removes their two biggest weaknesses (not marching and crumble), it doesn't surprise me too much that a lot of people might suddenly have gone out to pick up a book that was formerly probably not selling too well, even if that is a lot of vampire players intent on adding a casket/hierotitan to their army.

Did they ever get around to releasing the ibooks edition of tomb kings? I can't find it on the iBooks store, which is probably a better indication since electronic books can't go 'out of stock'.
    Last edited by Spiney Norman; 04-12-2014 at 08:27.
    Quote Originally Posted by Konovalev View Post
    Warseer's Warhammer General has become like a nerdy Jerry Springer. It's quite entertaining.
    Calling all AoS fans, please consider joining Warseer's first Age of Sigmar Tale of Painters

Chapter Master

Quote Originally Posted by Spiney Norman View Post
    Is it really that surprising? The Nagash book book provides a way to play tomb kings which removes their two biggest weaknesses (not marching and crumble), it doesn't surprise me too much that a lot of people might suddenly have gone out to pick up a book that was formerly probably not selling too well, even if that is a lot of vampire players intent on adding a casket/hierotitan to their army.

Did they ever get around to releasing the ibooks edition of tomb kings? I can't find it on the iBooks store, which is probably a better indication since electronic books can't go 'out of stock'.
    100% agree with this statement!

Odds are 9th ed combined army books.
    Quote Originally Posted by Korraz View Post
    They share similarities. But saying they are the same, is like saying Mork is the Orc's interpretation of Tzeentch, since he is the god of brutal schemes
    My random unfinished plog
    http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?401346-Alltakens-mordheim-warbands!]My Mordheim plog

Chapter Master Commodus Leitdorf's Avatar

Or, OR! They just haven't been restocked yet. You know, like Brets who were out of stock for a good long while and when they finally restocked, sold out right away.
    "The Breaking of the Averholme" -- League of the Lion (Empire - Retired)
    Commodus Leitdorf Paints all the Things!
    Warhammer Montreal

Yea I agree with Spiney as well, I don't think they kept a large stock of Tomb King anything. The End times certainly pushed me to buy VC models for my undead army and there are a lot more VC players so I see TK just being bought out, which is good...why? Because Tomb Kings suddenly got popular = more love?.....please?

I already owned the VC book despite playing Tomb Kings, a few VC models, dire wolves, beastial vampire and sold the rest. I added two boxes to hexwraiths, 1 box of spirit host, 1 mortarch. I do plan to make this an official VC army eventually as well. Sales ploy...or just awesome?

TK are gona say by by VC just caught TK both in book and game. VC models are cheaper and they will just take best of TK like the casket or catapults.

Banned

My dream would be that they do something like Ravening Hordes, and have all the lists in one book, thus justifying the cost and forcing everyone to have the same book instead of spreading it around to each army.

This topic reminds me I still need to get it. Oh, on the French site, the french version is still available, but the English version is noted as, roughly translated, "forever gone". Doesn't sound too good...

It just says sold out, think might be reading to much into the No longer available.
    They usually just remove the item completely if discontinued.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SoldOut.png 
Views:	181 
Size:	162.9 KB 
ID:	204067
    Having fun every time is more important than winning every time.
    Lizardmen | Daemons of Chaos | Dark Angels | Chaos Space Marines
    Infinity: Nomads
    X-Wing: Rebel Alliance
    Guild Painting Service (Golden Demon Winners) Southern California.
    Find them on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/GuildPaintingService or on their website http://www.GuildPaintingService.com

Quote Originally Posted by SanDiegoSurrealist View Post
    It just says sold out, think might be reading to much into the No longer available.
    They usually just remove the item completely if discontinued.
    If you click on the link it says:
    Availability: No Longer Available
    Meanwhile, Questing Knights (Also Sold Out) says the following:
    Availability: Temporarily out of stock
    Will note that Hardback Nagash, Glottkin, and Khaine can't be found (Although they may just be well hidden)

*Fetches Popcorn*
    Proudly servicing the Warseer community with eccentric, if not foolhardy comments since December 30th, 2013.

My 8th Edition Homage (and SDE) Blog

Something interesting to think about as well:

All the characters are limited to the Undead Legions army. However, the Morghasts can be included in either the Legions or the VC armies. But not the TK. I find that ... odd.

Warhammer Fantasy Battles 2015: Year of the Rat
    Currently W0 / D0 / L2

Chapter Master

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Haephestus View Post
    All the characters are limited to the Undead Legions army. However, the Morghasts can be included in either the Legions or the VC armies. But not the TK. I find that ... odd.
    Well, the Putrid Blightkings can be used on a Legions or a WoC army.

I don't think that means DoC and BoC are going anywhere.

Asked my LGS and they still have the TK book available for order (though presumably out of stock).

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast