Thread: Skinchanger in the Old World?

Brother Sergeant

Skinchanger in the Old World?

Hey everyone,

I'd like to write my WoC-Backstory from the point of view of someone who watches the force from afar. I thought of something like what a skinchanger can do in A Song of Ice and Fire (Game of Thrones).

Is an ability like that already known or who could be able to do something like that? Priest of Taal? Shaman from Albion/Norsca? Any thoughts on this would be welcome.

Re: Skinchanger in the Old World?

Quote Originally Posted by Uberprivate View Post
    Hey everyone,

I'd like to write my WoC-Backstory from the point of view of someone who watches the force from afar. I thought of something like what a skinchanger can do in A Song of Ice and Fire (Game of Thrones).

Is an ability like that already known or who could be able to do something like that? Priest of Taal? Shaman from Albion/Norsca? Any thoughts on this would be welcome.
    It feels like something that could fall into the lore of beasts, that lore does not only support transformation but also control of beasts though those spells are not available in the current rulebook. From control of beasts to possession of beasts which is basically what the skinchangers do is not a long step and it should be possible though perhaps a small amount of Dhar will be needed to be mixed in.
    An Amber wizard would be my choice for that scenario though there is scrying wizardry available in other lores if you don't need it to be through the eyes of beasts. A spell singer would also be a good choice for skinchanging magic.
    There aint nowt a cannon can do that a determined dwarf with a hammer can´t achive.-Old Redmane

Visit my dwarfs at http://kazad-grund.webs.com/

Brother Sergeant

Amber, got it, thx. Can anybody point me to other sources of scrying as Leogun mentioned?

Commander

Chaos has its own were beasts also, Ulfwerenar. Basically Chaos werewolves with Chaosy bits tackled on. Very common in Norsca.

There's a lot of information in the Old World bestiary.

Quote Originally Posted by Uberprivate View Post
    Amber, got it, thx. Can anybody point me to other sources of scrying as Leogun mentioned?
    Heavens is useful for scrying though it is more in a reading the starts kind of way. Shadows allow unseen movements and is ideal for a more conventional scouting. I imagine most of the lores could work ok for scrying though, be it images shown in a fire, gazing through the light of the sun or speaking with departed souls lost as the chaos host advances. The empire also has some magi-mechanical machines (like the Hurricanum and Luminark) and inventing one such simply for this reason would work fine. Empire even had a crystal ball as an old arcane item which was used for scrying and usable by any wizard in their army.
    There aint nowt a cannon can do that a determined dwarf with a hammer can´t achive.-Old Redmane

Visit my dwarfs at http://kazad-grund.webs.com/