Page 1 of 126 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Thread: End Times: Thanquol

End Times: Thanquol

Quote Originally Posted by Birdy
    10th (preorders Fri 2nd) is a Blod Angels army box with perhaps a new clam pack character in (called the Sanguine Strike Force) for 105 GBP plus the new vermin lord.

17th Thanquol ET book and model

24th new unit (armoured Rat Ogres, called Stormfiends) plus clam pack Warlord and Grey Seer and re-release of Warlock Engineers
    Quote Originally Posted by Another Birdy
    Seen white dwarf for 2 weeks time and it had the vermin lord in there, it is the same size as Nagash, leaping up off the base, and has 5 different variants, one for each of the clans, eshin, pestilence etc. looks absolutely amazing!
    Merry Christmas-Christmas.
    Last edited by Darnok; 27-12-2014 at 21:52. Reason: Wording.

Re: End Times: Thanquol

End Times: Thanquol? I'm not sure if skaven players should rejoice or start scurrying away squirting the musk of fear given Thanquol's ability to hurt is own side as much as, if not more than, the enemies'
    Quote Originally Posted by G-u-n-l-i-n-e-t-a-s-t-ic, stupid word filter
    And things that require tactics are BAD. The less tactics involved, the better, and it means less things can go wrong.

Chapter Master

Cheers darnok and merry Christmas! Any detail on the armoured rat ogres or poses of clampack characters? Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Drasanil View Post
    End Times: Thanquol? I'm not sure if skaven players should rejoice or start scurrying away squirting the musk of fear given Thanquol's ability to hurt is own side as much as, if not more than, the enemies'
    Therefore he's clearly the archetypal skaven and deserves to rule and or blow up Skavenblight by accident.
    Trying to figure out how to play 9th Age with round bases...

Scout

And there goes more of my money....

More resilient Rat Ogres? Yay! New Vermin Lord doll bodes well for new Vermin Lord rules in End Times: Thanquol.

Thanks for the info, Darnok! I think it's interesting that we've heard Thanquol might be the "big" model (like The Glottkin), while the Vermin Lord is is more like one of the Maggoth Lords. Have we heard anything more about that? Or do we expect that to be untrue?
    Wargamers love musical theatre. Warhammer is just Guys & Dolls.

Both "Guys" and "Dolls" in this case are gender neutral.

Brother Sergeant

I am wondering if they will do what they did with Nagash and Glottkin and have three releases:
    1. Huge character model (Nagash, Glottkin)
    2. Triple build large character models (Mortarchs, Maggoths)
    3. Elite infantry (Morghasts, Blight Kings)

Maybe we will see something like this:

1. Vermin lord
    2. Thanquol/Grey Seer/Warlord
    3. Armoured Rat Ogres

"Oh snap! It's the lord of undeath Nagash, Nurgles champion Glottkin, Khaine himself,and... and....! Thanquol!?!"
    ‘Those who affect masks, and steal their way through shadows, and take the names of others as their own, are more deadly than any blooded warriors.’ – Gallan, On Espiel

Quote Originally Posted by Horus38 View Post
    "Oh snap! It's the lord of undeath Nagash, Nurgles champion Glottkin, Khaine himself,and... and....! Thanquol!?!"
    Well, if Thanquol becomes the Horned Rat's champion in the same vein as the others...

Quote Originally Posted by Ellecis View Post
    I am wondering if they will do what they did with Nagash and Glottkin and have three releases:
    1. Huge character model (Nagash, Glottkin)
    2. Triple build large character models (Mortarchs, Maggoths)
    3. Elite infantry (Morghasts, Blight Kings)

Maybe we will see something like this:

1. Vermin lord
    2. Thanquol/Grey Seer/Warlord
    3. Armoured Rat Ogres
    I don't want them to get any models with their release *bitter elf player*

Brother Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by infamousme View Post
    I don't want them to get any models with their release *bitter elf player*
    I feel you. I play as both High Elves and Skaven and was hoping for an Avatar of Khaine plus a Malekith/Imrik/Sisters of Twilight triple build. All of them have weak, old and poorly designed models and were in bad need of an update. Oh well.

Veteran Sergeant

Haven't joined the End Times bandwagon as I haven't been playing much GW stuff lately, but my ears pricked up at the sound of the word Skaven. I take it this is just another end times supplement and not a Skaven Army book?

I would not be surprised if Thanquol is not just Thanquol himself, but him riding some insane and huge contraption or creature. At least, that would fit the scheme of recent releases.

I feel you. I play as both High Elves and Skaven and was hoping for an Avatar of Khaine plus a Malekith/Imrik/Sisters of Twilight triple build. All of them have weak, old and poorly designed models and were in bad need of an update. Oh well.
    Well, quite honestly the High Elf and Dark Elf Dragon kits can make Malekith and Imrik. Just doesn't say it on the box. All the pieces are there and they look like the pictures of them.

Veteran Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Butyi View Post
    I would not be surprised if Thanquol is not just Thanquol himself, but him riding some insane and huge contraption or creature. At least, that would fit the scheme of recent releases.
    My guess would be some ridiculous beefed up version of Bone breaker, or maybe even a better rules verion of a Vermin lord!

One things for sure. If there's one character in the Warhammer world that can accidentally thwart gods and all powerful avatars best laid plans, its Thanquol.

Brother Sergeant

YAY! Thanks Darnok+birdies! I don't play skaven, but I think Thanquol is hilariously my favorite character in Warhammer, so I'm excited! Plus my friend plays skaven, so very excited for him!

Thanks Darnok! Exciting news, now it's time to pre-pre-pre order it at my local gaming store to make sure I get the first copy lol.

and was hoping for an Avatar of Khaine
    Look no further friend!
    http://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/...atar-of-Khaine
    http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhamme...AR-AVATAR.html

Quote Originally Posted by Emissary View Post
    Well, if Thanquol becomes the Horned Rat's champion in the same vein as the others...
    Ah, yes, that would be more fitting. In my mind Thanquol is more for comedic relief and doesn't actually do anything, but that could be a misconception on my part.
    Last edited by Horus38; 23-12-2014 at 19:09.
    ‘Those who affect masks, and steal their way through shadows, and take the names of others as their own, are more deadly than any blooded warriors.’ – Gallan, On Espiel

This is brilliant. I think Thanqoul is the best choice to be the focus of the skaven end times. I was afraid we'll get stuck with some Pestilence shananigens in the jungles, I like Pastilence more then most other clans but after a Nurgle invation in the Glottkin book I felt like a break from plagues and rot was needed. To diversify you know.
    And Thanquol is the most flashy and colourful character the skaven have, prime choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLaughingGod View Post
    There, I said it, old Necrons are the Twilight of the 40k setting. Now they're Interview with a Vampire.

Page 1 of 126 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast