View Poll Results: New units for what Chapter?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dark Angels

10 17.24%
  • White Scars

4 6.90%
  • Space Wolves

1 1.72%
  • Imperial Fists

7 12.07%
  • Blood Angels

3 5.17%
  • Iron Hands

14 24.14%
  • Ultramarines

1 1.72%
  • Salamanders

7 12.07%
  • Raven Guard

11 18.97%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: First Founding Loyalist Chapters new units [POLL]

First Founding Loyalist Chapters new units [POLL]

Hello, if you could decide a First Founding Loyalist Chapter to get some new units, which one would get them?
    "There is no truth in flesh, only betrayal."
    "There is no strength in flesh, only weakness."
    "There is no constancy in flesh, only decay."
    "There is no certainty in flesh but death."
    " Credo Omnissiah

Re: First Founding Loyalist Chapters new units [POLL]

Given that SW, BA and DA have already got plenty of unique stuff I think I'd choose Ravenguard, they seem to have a unique way of fighting which is not well represented by the generic marine codex, some more sort of elite jump-pack units, perhaps even some viable precision deep strike and more ways to 'stealth it up' would be awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Konovalev View Post
    Warseer's Warhammer General has become like a nerdy Jerry Springer. It's quite entertaining.
    Calling all AoS fans, please consider joining Warseer's first Age of Sigmar Tale of Painters

Agreed. I really hope they would introduce HH style recon marines at some point. Or at least give options to some squads to represent such.
    01010100 01101000 01100101 00100000 01000110 01101100 01100101 01110011 01101000 00100000 01001001 01110011 00100000 01010111 01100101 01100001 01101011 00100001

Chaplain

Yes, something that really reflects the RG's Hit and Run tactics would be sweet.

Veteran Sergeant

Whilst maybe not a new unit type, maybe IH could do with some more... mechanical looking marine options.

I want to see the return of 3rd Ed's Raven Guard Command Squads that could have Jump Pack + Lightning Claws... but only if the upgrades cost about the same as Vanguard Veterans. Would give Shrike a reason to actually join his squad instead of some other Jump Pack unit...
    Quoth the Primarch: "Nevermore"

"Whichever side knows when to fight and when not to fight will win" - Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Raven Guard for most of the reasons given above. More infiltrating/stealthy units an mix in some jump packs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Commissar Merces View Post
    Then I realized... it isn't about me or how I feel, it's about how GW is running their business and how they are running their games into the ground. The first time I really noticed it were when formations came out. It became more about buying x amounts of units to get free rules benefits. That isn't strategy. That's a shopping cart list.

Iron Hands - at the moment they do not even have a single Special Character, which at the very least all the other first-founding chapters can claim. They really should get a character.

Beyond that, I would rather see an expansion of options for specific chapters rather than additional units - so Ravenguard being able to take Jump Pack Command Squads, Salamanders giving Master-crafted to Terminators/Honour Guard etc. The current Chapter Tactics are a pretty good way of distinguishing the Chapters at the moment and a few tweaks to make them more significant is better than adding random new units to supposedly mostly Codex-compliant Chapters.
    An Inquisitor walks into a bar, =][= Post removed by the authority of the Inquisition =][=

Iron Hands- Add Stronos as a SC, and Iron Fathers to replace Chaplains/Techpriests- Basically a Techpriest entry with the added zealot rule.
    Raven Guard- PA scouts with sniper rifles and camo cloaks.
    Imperial Fists- boarding marines Boarding shield (5++, 4++ in cc) and bolter or ccw
    White Scars- let any model on a bike take a power spear and combat shield for +15 points
    "As I've always said, Wes is wise." - Scryer in the Darkness
    "Wes, if you keep this up you'll need to change your name to MajorWiseJanson." - Azzy
    "Many boffins died to bring us this information." - Forgeworld Announcement E-mail
    "Rest assured, Servitor 13 has your best interests at heart. Now let's fire up the lascannons." - GW changes their web privacy policy.

raven guard need the love
    A pontifex and retinue may tak a Popemobile as a dedicated transport.
    Is like wrestling a pig in the mud. You'll both get dirty but only the pig likes it

Iron Hands needs the iron father unit. However, they also could use anything special. Whoever voted ultramarines can DIAF.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerrahn View Post
    I want to see the return of 3rd Ed's Raven Guard Command Squads that could have Jump Pack + Lightning Claws...
    'Lets make Black Marines (even) more like Red Marines!'

Between four and a half Codexes, two supplements, two Forgeworld army lists, a bunch of Chapter Tactics, plus an entire book of extra units, a billion dataslates and formations, and a whole game/setting built on Marines vs. Marines, the last thing we need is even more variations on Marines.

Chapter Master

I say just wait for Forgeworld to finish off the Legion rules, then translate some of the 30k special units to 40k, with some 10,000 years of tradition piled on top.

Quote Originally Posted by Anteater View Post
    Hello, if you could decide a First Founding Loyalist Chapter Legion to get some new units, which one would get them?
    Thousand Sons.
    Still's Heresy Log - Thousand Sons; new and improved following MKA Masterclass course.

Follow me @The1000thSon.

Quote Originally Posted by Beppo1234 View Post
    I say just wait for Forgeworld to finish off the Legion rules, then translate some of the 30k special units to 40k, with some 10,000 years of tradition piled on top.
    This. Port over 2 FW 30K units into the standard list for every chapter.

Chapter Master

Hold on

The First Founding are the generic chapters that all other chapters are derived from, and the generic units in the SM codex is basically derived from those.

Per the Codex Astartes no one should get unique units, and those who couldn't care less about Mr. Guilliman generally do their thing due to chapter tradition..... hence SM is an utterly conservative bunch.

Unique units really ought be the preserve of newer chapters. Good examples being Black Dragons or Flesh Tearers, who have some unique... challenges... to compensate for
    "Toppling Sigmarine statues near you"

Don't push the cows, push the phonies

The First Founding were the original 20 Legions who were all pretty radically different.
    Still's Heresy Log - Thousand Sons; new and improved following MKA Masterclass course.

Follow me @The1000thSon.

Though I would love to see my precious Blood Angles get some new models, I think Iron Hands could certainly use a named HQ or two. I mean at least the other founding chapters in the codex have 1 named HQ.
    For the Emperor, for Sanguinius!

Any one near Kaiserslautern looking for a game PM me.

So, I realized that I voted in this poll, but didn't offer any ideas.

I would like to see more units for Iron Hands.
    I would like to see a tactical squad unit with a Sgt. in Terminator armor that can be fielded as a "troop" choice.
    I would like to see an elite 5 man unit with Servo Arms.
    I would like to see a power armor unit with Power Hammers Medusan Immortal style unit for assault.
    I would also like to see a Power Hammer/Storm Shield Terminator unit.
    Finally I think something like a "Vengeance Squad" would be really cool, but I am not sure which direction to go with it. Either some Bikers or Jump Pack assault troops, but the fluff for them is that they are dedicated to making the enemies of the Legion pay, and will give their lives if need be. They would have a special rule making them go faster, but having to take a dangerous terrain test or something (Like they abandon personal safety to bring their fury to the enemy.)
    Quote Originally Posted by yabbadabba View Post
    The allies rule is a great way to judge your opponents maturity.
    My Sons of Medusa Project Log

Iron Hands need a character.

No, Smashfether doesn't count.
    Quote Originally Posted by Russell's teapot View Post
    This is my opinion, but if you disagree then you are wrong.
    Space Marines Tactica - 2015 Codex

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast