Welcome to the Tale of AoS Painters 2015-2016!

What is the Tale all about?
The goal of the Tale of Painters is to get an army fully painted within the next 12 months.

Because of the fluid nature of the AoS system your army can be as large or small as you wish it to be, for the purposes of the tale we will measure army size in warscrolls (though if you wish to pattern your army along the lines of any of the fan-made comp packs please feel free).

Your army theme is your own, if you want to draw scrolls from multiple factions/Grand Alliances or even include terrain warscrolls that is your prerogative, let your creativity run wild.

Your target will be to paint roughly 10% of your army each month. For example, if you've chosen a 20 warscroll army then your monthly target would be 2 warscrolls. The Tale runs for one academic year (September 2015 to August 2016), so if you stick to your 10% monthly target then you'll only need to paint for 10 months of the year.

To cover the months when you can't/don't paint, you get 2 Jokers. You can play a Joker at any time (provided you haven't used them both up!), which essentially means that you don't have to meet your target for that month. They can used for real life events (such as births, deaths, marriages, exams, holidays) or if you're just having a bad/slow month. If you use a Joker then feel free to post a suitable image instead (of a Joker or something funny).

What is this thread all about?
This thread is to sign up for the for the Tale of AoS Painters 2015-2016. The first work in progress (WIP) thread will open at the start of September and the first completed work thread will open at the start of October. At the end of each month the first ten days will be chance for all of us to post our photos of models we have completed during the month, then after the tenth will be our opportunity to comment (encouragingly ) on each other's efforts and post any WiP pics of the things we are currently working on.

You can sign up initially by giving as much or as little information about your intended army as you like, I'll start the ball rolling with the following (feel free to copy this and modify to suit):

Spiney - Khorne Bloodbound - 20 Warscrolls

Frequently Asked Questions
Q : Am I too Late? Can I still Join in?
A : No, you're not too late and yes, you can still join in! Just post in this thread stating which army and how many points you would like to paint, and I'll add you to the list in the second post. Please aim to paint at least 10 warscrolls in total.

Q : Do I have to stick to just one faction/grand alliance?
A : No, you can paint whatever you want, you can even paint two completely separately themed armies (even mortal enemies) during the course of the Tale if you want to. Note that you can enter anything you have painted towards your army as a warscroll, even terrain pieces (such as a sylvaneth wildwood or pair of baleful realm gates).

Q : Can I paint more than 10% of my army in a month?
A : Yes, you aren't bound by the rules of the Tale, and it's great to get ahead. BUT, we would like you only to post (approx) 10% each month to try to stay on track (and to not depress those of us who are struggling to keep up).

Q : Can I paint less than 10% of my army in a month?
A : Yes, you aren't bound by the rules of the Tale. BUT, we would like you to try to stay on track by painting more points in the next month to 'catch up'. For example, if your target is 2 scrolls per month and you only manage to get on
1 done one month then you could try to paint three the next month. Equally if you paint more one month you can take it easy and paint less the next month.

Q : Do I have to use my 2 Jokers during the Tale? Can I 'buy back' my Jokers during the Tale?
A : No, you don't have to use them and yes, you can 'buy back' your Jokers. If you can manage to paint/post for the full 12 months then congratulations, you'll have exceeded your target and truly embodied the spirit of the Tale! If you have already played a Joker and manage to get a month ahead (either by painting double one month or painting a bit more for a few months), then just state in your monthly entry that you wish to 'buy back' your Joker.

If anyone has any other questions please ask them, and I'll do my best to answer them. Links to previous WFB/40k Tales (as well as others) can be found further down this board

Finally, and I regret having to say this, but the Tale will be monitored by the mod team to prevent trolling.