Thread: Looking for a resource to find names of old epic models

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Chapter Master

Looking for a resource to find names of old epic models

Hi, everyone;

I am finally moving on my idea to resurrect Epic amongst my gaming group. I have dug out a load of old models from my parents attic and started E-bay trawling to supplement this. However, to my horror I can't even remember the names of some of the models! I am writing my own rules, and it would be good to at least get the names right; particularly the Orks, who had dozens of quirky vehicles in the olden days, but also models I paid little attention to (for example I have about a dozen Imperial Knights from a starter box set, all identical with what looks like a lance and a chainsword, but I haven't a clue what the name of that knight type was as I never played with them when I was little).

Is there a good consolidated resource out there that links names to photos of the model?

Thanks for any help anyone can give,

Mark.

Re: Looking for a resource to find names of old epic models

Cannot help with a resource but your knights sound like paladins from the Titan Legion box set. It also had two mega gargants and an imperator Titan, so keep checking your parents loft.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk
    http://replicant253.blogspot.com

Pround owner of a fully painted Space Hulk and Dreadfleet.

Look behind you...a three headed monkey!

Chapter Master

Thanks. Yup, I got the Imperator, though it is missing 1 leg (I will investigate ways to try an cast that leg to make a duplicate - I have spent so long looking for the other leg I have lost hope of finding it). 1 mega gargant is assembled and missing just its claw, the other was never assembled so at least all the bits are there (maybe I can cast a copy of the claw if I can do it for the leg)...there are definitely more boxes to be found however as I never got my Squat bikers and there are suspiciously few space marines. The whole episode does make me wish I had taken better care of my toys when I was little...

I have 2 ork superheavy battlewagons ... one had 5 guns and a deathroller, the other just 2 guns (i think it had a greater transport capacity and a turbo boost) - any idea of the names (one was a skullhamma battle fortress, but I don't remember which, or what the other one was called)?

Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheeslord View Post
    I have 2 ork superheavy battlewagons ... one had 5 guns and a deathroller, the other just 2 guns (i think it had a greater transport capacity and a turbo boost) - any idea of the names (one was a skullhamma battle fortress, but I don't remember which, or what the other one was called)?

Mark.
    First is a Giblet Grinda and the second the Skull Hamma. As for a resource: this site should answer most of your questions. Most of the old Ork stuff is in the blue catalogue from 1991.

I have the rules for them, but only 1st edition (they were in WD 123 and 124). Both have the same speed there, the Gibletgrinda a slightly better Close Assault Factor for overrun attacks (as you may have guessed ) and the Skullhamma a greater transport capacity (actually it's the only one who could transport infantry inside)

Hope that helps.

Chapter Master

Thanks, Dryaktylus. Thats seems to be just what I was looking for!

Mark.