Thread: Looking for info on Original Plastic figures

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Looking for info on Original Plastic figures

I owned an old version of Blood Bowl that came with the red Orc and blue human players, as well as dungeonbowl with the yellow elves and orange dwarves.

Looking to fill some holes in my collection, I've since found the same figures produced in other colours, humans in red, orcs in blue and green, elves in orange and Dwarves in yellow.

I was wondering if anyone colud tell me which editions which colours come with and if the figures were produced in any other colours.

Thanks for any and all help!
    Chaos Marines W/L/D = 24/1/7
    Team / Apoc W/L/D = 6/6/3
    Tyranids W/L/D = 7/0/1

Chapter Master

Re: Looking for info on Original Plastic figures

Might be from Kerrunch the board game?

Chapter Master

My blood bowl with the monopose humans and orcs had blue orcs and green humans. This printing was from the first release with plastic minis (which is the second edition of Blood Bowl) available in the states not sure what year. For Dungeon bowl my dwarves are yellow and the dark orange. For Kerrunch, my humans are blue, orcs red, dwarves the same orange, and the elves are a slightly lighter orange than the dungeon bowl ones.

It seems there was some vraiability. My copy of Blood Bowl bought off the shelf in Games Workshop at the time had monopose red Humans and blue Orcs. Dungeonbowl came with yellow Elves and orange Dwarves. I'm sure you know the later boxed game had separate sculpts for Empire/human blitzers, linemen, throwers and catchers; the orcs had blitzers, linemen, throwers and black orcs. All were standard 90s GW grey plastic.

Commander

Blue Humans and Red Orcs here... the 2nd edition BB box had them assigned randomly I think - they just made sure that each box type had different colour sets so, if you bought Dungeonbowl, you'd not get the same colour as your basic box. 2nd was the first box with miniatures I believe - 1st edition had cardboard pieces.

3rd edition just came with plain grey, but with each position a different sculpt.

Brother Sergeant

Yep Blue humans and Red Orks for me. Then my mates Dungeonbowl came with orange Dwarfs and Yellow elves