Thread: Iron Kid's Trench Themed Astra Militarum

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Iron Kid's Trench Themed Astra Militarum

@Ragsta: I agree - love the look of the minotaurs... unfortunately, Games Workshop has decided to nerf them even more I really don't understand why they changed the rules for them. Now they are VERY not worth taking - oh well.... That's cool to hear about the sentinels! The body for the Harker conversion was one of the crewmen in the minotaur kit - a very rare model, indeed! I too am happy with the grenadiers but RRRRRR they are no longer viable in matched play: CURSE YOU GAMESWORKSHOP. The optics are the goggles that come in the scout sniper kit. They fit nicely into the face space of the britonnian pan helmets.

@The Pounder: thanks! Yeah, it's a constant work in progress but we're getting there!

Here are some updates. Very few finished stuff but a lot of WIP:

I finished the three plasma grenadiers:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Grenadiers.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	47.4 KB 
ID:	242948

Since I'll be using them as scions (CURSE YOU GW FOR WATERING DOWN ONE OF THE BEST FORGEWORLD LINES IN EXISTENCE) ahem.... sorry, I will need to be fielding a lot of plasma - meltas don't really fly well with scions.

I also am also working on making a crassus that fits with my army theme. The current model (see on the right) is beautiful but it's design is a little too.... modern for my tastes. So I decided to purchase a few different kits that fit with that theme better.
    Name:  Crassus.jpg
Views: 56
Size:  74.8 KB

I was hoping to do something like this (minus the cannons):

Name:	7b9a199faaa52e4bb01b78ddfc1c44e1.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	79.2 KB 
ID:	242950

One thing that I would use the transport for would be BULLGRIN. I love the rules for these models as I feel like guard lack a solid and tough close combat unit. Instead of using the original models, I wanted something a little more dark and gritty. I decided to use the old ogryn renegade models. Here they are on bases awaiting some conversions:

Name:	Bullgryn.jpg 
Size:	94.4 KB 
ID:	242951

I've also decided to start making an earthshaker battery. Since the model is basically unplayable because of its points increase, I would be using this mainly for apocalypse which I plan to play more once this pandemic is over. Here's a 3D printed model that fits nicely with the earthshaker gun on the basilisk model:

Name:	Earthshaker Battery.jpg 
Size:	79.4 KB 
ID:	242952

The 3D model's legs were a little too long in comparison to the original model so I cut them down a bit. Not sure what I'm going to do about the holes but eh, oh well!

And lastly, I have started work on my leman russes again. For those of you that read this blog, you'll know that I am very anal about aesthetics. SO, I have also found a way of de-modernizing the Leman Russ model. The OG design was, again, too modern so I gave the tank a more WW1 Leman Russ look:

Name:	Leman Russ.jpg 
Size:	66.8 KB 
ID:	242953

I also need to start weathering my vehicles and add some accessories - specifically on the Leman Russ. I plan on painting some wooden crates and barrels to give off that classic war look.

Stay tuned for more!

IK