Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 29 of 29

Thread: Constant Drachenfels vs Nagash (Old World)

  1. #21
    Chaplain Dreadaxe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Aubière (France 63)
    Posts
    199

    Re: Constant Drachenfels vs Nagash (Old World)

    Quote Originally Posted by Griefbringer View Post
    After some digging, I found the WD in question - it is issue 117, with stats for Drachenfels (as he was in 2480 IC) himself on page 31. Looks like he could quite easily wipe the floor with any bunch of adventurers going after him. The same article also features WFRP stats for several of the other important characters from the same book.
    https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resi...int=file%2cpdf

  2. #22
    Chaplain Dreadaxe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Aubière (France 63)
    Posts
    199

    Re: Constant Drachenfels vs Nagash (Old World)

    Quote Originally Posted by Urgat View Post
    Nice to have a final fate for Amon Shakai, even if it's non-official. It somewhat justifies how he got replaced by Kairos despite him being more powerful.
    I raised an eyebrow at the mention of Malal, but heh


    https://ask.fm/JoshMReynolds/answers/126443791583
    Amon'chakai was the greater daemon responsible for luring the man-god Sigmar into the Vortex, after his deification. Tzeentch feared the havoc a young, powerful god might cause--Sigmar, ever the uniter, might have brought together the gods of men, elves and dwarfs in an alliance against the Chaos powers, once he became used to his newfound state of being. Thus Amon'chakai and Kairos Fateweaver were dispatched to lure the newly deified Sigmar into a prison from which he would never escape.
    Unfortunately, while Amon'chakai was cunning enough to get Sigmar in, he wasn't cunning enough to escape, and was dragged into the maelstrom of magic by the fierce man-god, where he was subsequently torn apart. Kairos Fateweaver took his place as Tzeentch's vizier. Some in the Court of Change whisper that it was Kairos who engineered his rival's fall, and that Sigmar's deification was but one cog in a greater scheme...
    Kaleb Daark power!!
    http://ask.fm/JoshMReynolds/answers/129969247455
    [Kaleb Daark(malal paladin)], he'd have been in the background somewhere, killing Archaon's lieutenants and servants. His presences might have grown so annoying that Archaon might have stirred from his throne to deal with the renegade himself...

  3. #23
    Chapter Master Lord Malorne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Gargaron, kingdom of teh Crabz0rs
    Posts
    6,640

    Re: Constant Drachenfels vs Nagash (Old World)

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Marius View Post
    Didnt the Nameless get defeated by the willpower of Luther Huss in the end... Just sayin!
    True but that's not exactly a comparison of power, possesion and the resistance to it is like saying someone who can run really fast should be able to swim underwater for a long time, just because they are great runners does not mean they can breathe underwater.

  4. #24
    Chapter Master BattleofLund's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,268

    Re: Constant Drachenfels vs Nagash (Old World)

    Quote Originally Posted by Prokrustes View Post
    He can remember squat about who he is and what he can do and blah. So I guess it isnt that easy... And if Nagash could simply dominate him like he did with his other Mortarchs, what would be the point of not telling him who he is? Even Vlad doesnt want to tell him... Looking at it from this angle, maybe they are scared of what he could do if he would be aware of his full power? Like the shy massive guy in school. If he realized that he is bigger and stronger than the bullies he could swat them.
    This sounds very much like the Monster in the Darkness from OOTS.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MitD.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	9.7 KB 
ID:	228282

    (Disclaimer: I've been sort-of-a-fan of Constant Drachenfels since I read and re-read (and over) Drachenfels in the 1990s.)
    Orphaned grandspawn of the 19th century.

  5. #25
    Chapter Master Urgat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paris
    Posts
    19,590

    Re: Constant Drachenfels vs Nagash (Old World)

    Quote Originally Posted by Prokrustes View Post
    He can remember squat about who he is and what he can do and blah. So I guess it isnt that easy... And if Nagash could simply dominate him like he did with his other Mortarchs, what would be the point of not telling him who he is?
    If he has a chance of even proving to be a slight bother, why bother telling him his name at all? You're not going to let a raging mouse go wild in your house just because you can stomp it. It's going to be a nuisance and you want no nuisance, no matter how small. Nagash already has enough problems dealing with Mannfred and friends w/o adding yet another burdden to the list.
    Now he's no mouse, he's a mortarch, Nagash didn't pick him for no reason. No doubt he is horribly powerful, and no doubt they all prefer him under control.

    Even Vlad doesnt want to tell him... Looking at it from this angle, maybe they are scared of what he could do if he would be aware of his full power? Like the shy massive guy in school. If he realized that he is bigger and stronger than the bullies he could swat them..
    See above.

  6. #26
    Commander
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    806

    Re: Constant Drachenfels vs Nagash (Old World)

    I remenber someone ask who would win between drachnelf and Nagash and he chose the latter, saying "Drach like to play, Nagash like to win" and in way is true, constant is bore and want to play in his morebly sense of humor, Nagash is pretty much "NO FUN ALLOW" guy, he will unleash everything on him

  7. #27
    Librarian Prokrustes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    R'lyeh
    Posts
    331
    Quote Originally Posted by Athelassan View Post
    I think he's having too much fun in the mortal realm to bother with any of that "ascension" or "conquer the world" malarkey. In his eponymous novel it's suggested that he kind of looks down on the Chaos gods as amateurs.

    He got his powers initially through "human" sacrifice; he started out extending his lifespan by killing one of his fellows and eating his eyes and worked upwards from there. (Since this was before the Slann, of course, the people in question weren't strictly speaking human). As to how he compares to Nagash, it's debatable. Both characters are pretty similar in broad strokes (ancient sorcerers who invented their discipline, almost impossible to kill permanently, spend most of their time brooding in their castles, operating through agents, etc.) to the extent that I think Nagash was an attempt to update the concept once the world became a bit better defined and "factionalised" in 4th edition and later. I'd say they're probably comparable in power level.
    This makes him very intruiging and awesome! Just ordered the book!
    The thing I find annoying with Nagash is a) He seems to be a bad copy of Vecna (Hand of Vecna/Hand of Dust - Undead and trying to ascend to godhood, blah blah) and b) I never found any meaningful reason why he wants everybody dead. Is it just to control them? Well I sorta find Nagash a bit bland. I guess originally he was supposed to be like Sauron... ancient evil lurking far off in the distant and pulling some strings somewhere..

    Quote Originally Posted by Razios View Post
    I remenber someone ask who would win between drachnelf and Nagash and he chose the latter, saying "Drach like to play, Nagash like to win" and in way is true, constant is bore and want to play in his morebly sense of humor, Nagash is pretty much "NO FUN ALLOW" guy, he will unleash everything on him
    Best Argument so far...

    Quote Originally Posted by Urgat View Post
    If he has a chance of even proving to be a slight bother, why bother telling him his name at all? You're not going to let a raging mouse go wild in your house just because you can stomp it. It's going to be a nuisance and you want no nuisance, no matter how small. Nagash already has enough problems dealing with Mannfred and friends w/o adding yet another burdden to the list.
    Now he's no mouse, he's a mortarch, Nagash didn't pick him for no reason. No doubt he is horribly powerful, and no doubt they all prefer him under control.


    See above.
    I havent read all the End Time books but couldnt Nagash just snap his fingers and banish him in his staff like he did with Zacharias or easily crush him like Settra if he is so much more powerful? I mean how on earth did he get the idea that making Settra a mortarch would work out in the first place?
    And yes, I wouldnt let a mouse rampage through my house, because I cant make the mouse explode through force of my will. So... I guess Nagash couldnt just handwave Drachenfels in submission.
    But I absolutely see your point there.
    Last edited by Arnizipal; 12-06-2016 at 22:55. Reason: Merged triple post
    Quote Originally Posted by Souleater View Post
    Although I do occasionally get very weird twinges towards the Adeptus Astartes but I slap myself in the face with my Necron codex until the sensation stops.
    Quote Originally Posted by Holier Than Thou View Post
    What are these tree-men's bows made from? Do they chop their friends and family down to make their bows and arrows?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zywus View Post
    Maybe they donate their bodies to science in their wills, so that when a tree-elf dies, his mates can scrounge up the pieces and make into bows?

  8. #28
    Chapter Master Urgat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paris
    Posts
    19,590

    Re: Constant Drachenfels vs Nagash (Old World)

    Just to say that unless my memory betrays me, Nagash didn't make Settra a mortarch. Nagash had no hold on the TK undead, especially not Settra.
    As for the staff comment, well, maybe. But Nagash needed his pawns. Zacharias wouldn't accept to serve Nagash, so Nagash did away with him. The Nameless One did serve, therefore he was too valuable to sacrify (unless in last resort, no doubt). It's nice to see a villain who doesn't just eliminate his smallhand just because he's evil (doing it with an evil "see, I'm the villain, I wear skulls, my name sounds evil, yes! I'm a villain!" laughter). He made do with what he had. Nagash relationship with his mortachs, I would say, could be accurately described as "damage control", really. I thought it was pretty cool.

  9. #29
    Commander
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    806

    Re: Constant Drachenfels vs Nagash (Old World)

    Nagash objective can be resumed in "Ok guy, I have the best idea to beat chaos: everyone just need to die and be my servant.....why are you look me like that?" he is lawfull evil to Drachnelf neutral one and chaos gods....chaotic evil(dah!)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •