Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hisme Stoutheart

Hisme Stoutheart

Potentially silly question here, but is Hisme Stoutheart meant to be male or female?

Re: Hisme Stoutheart

I've always thought Hisme was female, but from a cursory google search it seems s/he is referred to as male in most fan-wikis and such.
    Quote Originally Posted by Holier Than Thou View Post
    Is it a good game design feature that a goblin is considered equal to a Dragon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Xaric View Post
    Yes under the circumstance the tribe could be of dragon hunters is a device capture/bring down a dragon a impossibility?
    [Heresy Era 30k] The Eaters of Worlds – Children of a savage messiah, Waagh K.F.O.R.K - My Orks, The log on my ever growing undead horde

Commander

I was always under the impression she was ... Well a she I'll check some books later

Quote Originally Posted by Zywus View Post
    I've always thought Hisme was female, but from a cursory google search it seems s/he is referred to as male in most fan-wikis and such.
    That's kind of why I'm confused, actually. "Hisme" would seem to be a feminine name in English (think "Esme") and there's nothing comparable in German, which would fit the rest of the Empire. I suppose it doesn't really matter, but I wonder if there's anything that GW published that gives a definitive answer.

The second to last Empire book has a dialogue between Aldebrand Ludenhof's son and his tutor. The boy tries to list all the Imperial Electors, and the tutor scolds him for forgetting the Elder of the Moot - adding that 'his vote counts' just as much as the boy's will when he becomes an Elector.

Since that was set in the present, when Stoutheart was the named Elder, that seems cut and dried to me.
    Last edited by ryng_sting; 14-06-2016 at 18:09.

Stick figure on a beach Arnizipal's Avatar

I think the Warhammer Roleplay second edition books referred to the elder of the Moot as female.
    In fact I think it was there the name Hisme Stoutheart was first used.
    Come join the discussion at the Warseer Anime Fan Group

Quote Originally Posted by MOMUS View Post
    Nah Arni, it's not your fault you're old and cranky

Commander

Quote Originally Posted by Arnizipal View Post
    I think the Warhammer Roleplay second edition books referred to the elder of the Moot as female.
    Yeah, the oldest elector who still hold the post(considering halflig peacefull nature is not a surprise)

Quote Originally Posted by Arnizipal View Post
    You don't know which book that was, do you?

Commander

Sigmar so heirs I assume ? I have just read the section on the moot and it doesn't say either way there, I'm not currently inclined to read through the whole thing to find out I'm afraid

Stick figure on a beach Arnizipal's Avatar

Indeed it was Sigmar's Heirs.
    The description is a bit contradictory though. On page 59 the ruler of the Moot is described as Elector Count Hisme Stoutheart (not Elector Countess), but on page 61 it is mentioned that Hisme has been re-elected at the last ten General Moots but the that she (emphasis mine) is thinking or retiring.
    Come join the discussion at the Warseer Anime Fan Group

Quote Originally Posted by MOMUS View Post
    Nah Arni, it's not your fault you're old and cranky

Commander

Ah yes must have missed that , "Elder Hisme herself rarely stays there , however. A widower , it is too big for her needs.she prefers to stay at her farm outside of town" is what I see on page 61 as well as the part about her thinking of retiring

Does the empire made distinctions between gender when it comes to being a Elector Count? Or as it is a set role, are you just an "Elector Count"?
    Here is a link to the WarSeer Forum FAQ. Please read it. Want to support WarSeer? Here's how.

Blood for the Blood God!: My Word Bearers Plog

Commander

Emmanuel von liebwitz is titled as a countess yes

Thanks for the info. Good to know
    Here is a link to the WarSeer Forum FAQ. Please read it. Want to support WarSeer? Here's how.

Blood for the Blood God!: My Word Bearers Plog

Even when the Netherlands had a queen and we all called her queen (pick one of the three), the official title was still "king of the Netherlands ...". These titles are traditionally male, no matter the gender.
    Last edited by Little Joe; 22-06-2016 at 10:47.
    my general project thread

[2020] painted: 3

Quote Originally Posted by blackcherry View Post
    Does the empire made distinctions between gender when it comes to being a Elector Count? Or as it is a set role, are you just an "Elector Count"?
    Is she referred to as an "Elector Count" or just as an "Elector"? The head of the cult of Ulric and the Grand theogenist are both also electors, but not counts.

Sent from my LGLS675 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ryng_sting View Post
    The second to last Empire book has a dialogue between Aldebrand Ludenhof's son and his tutor. The boy tries to list all the Imperial Electors, and the tutor scolds him for forgetting the Elder of the Moot - adding that 'his vote counts' just as much as the boy's will when he becomes an Elector.

Since that was set in the present, when Stoutheart was the named Elder, that seems cut and dried to me.
    He never got to be Elector...

Quote Originally Posted by blackcherry View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dalezzz View Post
    Emmanuel von liebwitz is titled as a countess yes
    Hisme Stoutheart is not a countess though. She would just be an Elector. The elector counts are electors that just so happen to be counts as well.

Sent from my LGLS675 using Tapatalk

It's worth noting that 'widower' is used. That suggests Hisme was male at least somewhere in the editorial process.

Warwick, Warwickshire, England, UK, NW Europe, Sol-3, Eastern Spiral Arm

Does it matter, particularly? Could be male, could be female, could be secret hermaphroditic Tzeentchian cultist... whatever best fits your own concept of the Old World in general and the Moot in particular would work, surely.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast