Thread: 40K Terrain for Apeticus Titanicus?

40K Terrain for Apeticus Titanicus?

The problem with scale and terrain has been bothering me since they announced the 8mm scale. Don't get me wrong, 6" titans sounds incredible, but all of those lovely Epic40K ruins and old FW buildings are simply not to scale. Sure third-party companies, and I'm quite sure FW themselves will step in, will provide some cool pieces. Still Why not think about truly MASSIVE buildings? Cities of death, modified of course, would look incredible as skyscrapers for titans striding through.

This could very well be a game that you can use cross-over terrain and we all know how much easier it is to that. What's more, I believe it could look truly incredible of done right. Think of the Manufactorum or any number of kits with thin walls. And for those of us that are feeling adventurous a little bit of plastic card to make doorways and such down to 8mm would be a nice touch. Food for thought.

P.S. I want a 30K Horus Heresy devoted room when the time is right as well as a painting and modeling of 8mm minis here on Warseer. I'd like to see Warseer own the Horus Heresy and Adeptus Titanicus.
    -Malakai

Re: 40K Terrain for Apeticus Titanicus?

Well, for now they have only announced the Titans themselves. 6"/8mm scale mini's won't look so weird next to 6mm scale buildings.
    It'll only get weird once the 8mm infantry gets released.

For myself I'm just planning to get some titans, and leave the FW infantry well alone. I already have enough 6mm stuff to fill out my armies
    "Happiness is just a temporary chemical imbalance of the true state of mind" Lucifur - Poison Elves

"Paranoia is a comforting state of mind. If you think theyre out to get you, it means you think you matter." Gilbran Quail - collected essays

Scale specific terrain is going to be a problem with the odd ball 8mm scale they chose. There's plenty of 6mm terrain available as that is sort of the default for micro armor, BattleTech and any number of other miniature games games. These is some stuff in 10mm for Dropzone Commander but AFAIK no one is doing 8mm terrain and I doubt anyone will until and unless the new AT game really takes off.

To be fair - the old terrain wasn't really to scale anyway. Especially to the tanks etc. A huge skyscraper would be 100 times taller than a tank and maybe 20 times it's length, and that's just the piddly little second millennium stuff. Obviously there's practicalities to consider, but there's always been a flexibility to scale shown.
    Warseer - destruction testing 40k since 2005!

"The more you playtest, the more you find out about playtesters" - Rick Priestley