Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: So, why isn't anyone just playing 8th edition?

Stick figure on a beach Arnizipal's Avatar

Re: So, why isn't anyone just playing 8th edition?

Some of the recent model releases were pretty good through (if quite pricy but what else is new).
    Come join the discussion at the Warseer Anime Fan Group

Quote Originally Posted by MOMUS View Post
    Nah Arni, it's not your fault you're old and cranky

In our local community there's a growing 7th ed movement. I've thought about joining, but the time they do it doesn't work well for me (I have to work and/or go to kids soccer practice).

Damon.
    "Nicht kleckern, klotzen!"

A Mtlhd of Wrsr

My Minis Blog: minislikedust.blogspot.com
    My Book Blog: bookslikedust.blogspot.com

7th Edition? The one where Daemons dominated it all? Where you either brought Vampires or Dark Elves or lost automatically? Where Beastmen and Ogres were left in a practically unplayable state?

Can't really say I understand this. This gem was probably the reason WHFB died out.

Stick figure on a beach Arnizipal's Avatar

7th edition fixed some problems from 6th while breaking other stuff.
    The core rules are ok mostly. Guess it all depends on which armies are in your group.
    Come join the discussion at the Warseer Anime Fan Group

Quote Originally Posted by MOMUS View Post
    Nah Arni, it's not your fault you're old and cranky

Veteran Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Life Form View Post
    7th Edition? The one where Daemons dominated it all? Where you either brought Vampires or Dark Elves or lost automatically? Where Beastmen and Ogres were left in a practically unplayable state?

Can't really say I understand this. This gem was probably the reason WHFB died out.
    While there are some issues I have with a couple of core rules in 7th, it's very playable if you use the Ravening Hordes lists from 6th.

The nature of a dead system brings up divisions. People make the decision to not play Age of Sigmar and are left with analyzing what they want from the game. If 8th wasn't really satisfactory, then they'd have no real reason to stick with 8th. Even 8th edition players couldn't come to a consensus as far as what they wanted. T9A is a testament to that.

When it came time for me to decide exactly which edition fit best with what I wanted from a gaming system, 6th was the only answer. Others may have a different idea, and that is where you get things like Oldhammer, Classichammer, T9A, even people leaving to play Kings of War or any other system that may cater to the type of game they want.

Quote Originally Posted by Retrogamer View Post
    While there are some issues I have with a couple of core rules in 7th, it's very playable if you use the Ravening Hordes lists from 6th.

The nature of a dead system brings up divisions. People make the decision to not play Age of Sigmar and are left with analyzing what they want from the game. If 8th wasn't really satisfactory, then they'd have no real reason to stick with 8th. Even 8th edition players couldn't come to a consensus as far as what they wanted. T9A is a testament to that.

When it came time for me to decide exactly which edition fit best with what I wanted from a gaming system, 6th was the only answer. Others may have a different idea, and that is where you get things like Oldhammer, Classichammer, T9A, even people leaving to play Kings of War or any other system that may cater to the type of game they want.
    I think it was a huge mistake for GW to move past 6th. They could have refined the books, ironed out various issues, but I really liked that version. While some armies weren't very good, the RH lists combined with 6th was probably the most balanced version GW ever produced.
    Want a better way to fight fantasy battles? Try the revised and expanded Conqueror: Fields of Victory!

Do you like Star Wars but hate the prequels? Ever wish someone came up with a decent story about how a decadent galactic commonwealth descended into chaos and civil war? Look no further.
    A proud player of 2nd edition 40k.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7