Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Zogoth's bits and pieces for Konflikt'47

Re: Zogoth's bits and pieces for Konflikt'47

Time for an update.

Quote Originally Posted by Corporal Chaos View Post
    Very nice I have not gotten the rules yet. Would like to see a more in-depth game... lore and story. Off the point. Wonderful work.
    The rules are pretty great, and you get quite a bit of lore and background in the rules as well.

This time I have updated my HQ choices, for my Germans as well as for my British.

Lets start with the Germans.

Still need to do this fellows eyes, but never the less.

And my British forces have gotten the same reinforcements.

And since the blister with the two chaps above includes a third man, which you can't use in the HQ slot according to the rules, my unit of Galahads got a new NCO.

And that was only the beginning....

I have also finished up one of my absolute favorite units at least models-wise, the wardogs. I have worked a lot of years in petshops and I have a really soft spot for bullterriers, one of my absolute favorite dog breeds so these was a must have.

So this is what the enemy is in for now....
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzCGkNC2Eys

They look excellent

Very neat!
    Do you hear the voices too? Sanity is for the weak. I really need to be painting right now.....

It's been way to long since I paid this plog any attention at all.

I guess that's down to being hooked back on old plastic crack addictions such as warhammer fantasy 6th ed , as well as the fact that I haven't expanded my forces really, since I'm not a huge fan of the minis I don't already have at the moment.
    But I finally got around to painting one of the few loose unpainted bits I've had laying around for quite some time.
    First out is Einsatzgruppe Nahost's first artillery piece, a schwerefeld projektor, crewed by troops in heavy armour.

So hopefully I might find inspiration to get working on my british counterpart, the tesla AT cannon as well.

I like that desert yellow colour- simple paint scheme but really effective.
    Quote Originally Posted by Salty
    What the Modsticker said.

Yet again it's been way to long since I have posted anything in this tread (or in any tread actually) but here we go.

Quote Originally Posted by Codsticker View Post
    I like that desert yellow colour- simple paint scheme but really effective.
    Thanks.

I quite recently made a bargain on E-bay and got a bunch of K'47 stuff. Nothing I really needed, but there was a supplement I didn't owned yet, so I put down the minimum offer and nobody else actually put an offer in. So since I eventually was planing on getting the supplement, I got a quite a lot of extras to add to my British forces for a really good price.

And here is the first of the units I got, Rift grenadiers. Soldiers with armed with assault rifles (looks a lot like the EM-2) and night vision goggles. Quite impressive stats-wise, but in the game I played last night....not so much. Maybe not really their fault since they did what they could, but the German re-aminated dead proved to be incredibly resilient (way to many 5+ saves was made).

And yesterday I got a game in, the first in a long time when we are talking of Konflikt 47, been much more Warhammer 6th ed. and Blood Red Skies of late.

I took command of the British forces and I was facing of some Germans. We played a scenario that had a objective (a downed reconnaissance aircraft) in the middle of the table and me who was the defender had to stop the Germans from taking control of it. And as a last kind of resort I could opt to try to blow it up, and thus end the game as a draw.

It all started of badly and went downhill from there (it was one of those days ).
    Suffered pretty badly from a German preparatory bombardment with a lot of pins, which really hampered me for the rest of the game.
    It pretty much meant that I couldn't use my units to concentrate fire when I needed to, since there was always some unit going down due to failed order tests or rallying to shed some pins.

And to top it all of, when I was certain there was no other way, I failed to blow the objective (twice).

Here is somewhat of an overview of the area of operations

The downed pilot, setting up the devices needed to safely blowing the plane into tiny bits (in thy mercy).

My left flank.
    The M3 Grant did pretty much what could be expected, and took out the German armour, even if it took a bit to long so that it didn't really do much more than that.
    And my Guardian Walker started out alright, keeping a couple of enemy units busy. Then the air-strike happened and it got more or less pinned out of the game (with a whopping 2 pins), I even failed to rally it once.

The German horror troops are closing in on the objective, with heavy infantry following behind.

Trying to counter this treat with wardogs, rift grenadiers and Galahads, but to no avail....

Very nice painting on these units, I do like that German powered armour in particular. The Rift Grenadiers have been nicely done too! I dare say the models would be quite convincing as generic sci fi troops too.

Great looking game Zogoth. It sounds like the dice deserted you- not too much you can do about that!
    Quote Originally Posted by Salty
    What the Modsticker said.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragsta View Post
    Very nice painting on these units, I do like that German powered armour in particular. The Rift Grenadiers have been nicely done too! I dare say the models would be quite convincing as generic sci fi troops too.
    Thank you!
    Yes the models themselves are pretty generic, probably much due to that they are based of WW2 minis to a large extent, the bodys are Warlord Games WW2 british infantry, with other heads and weaponarms. I would also say that the guns pretty much must be based on the EM-2 assault rifle, even though it's a little bit early from a strictly historical view.
    And this is one of the things I really like about K'47, that it is a alt-history game but most things have a plausibility factor to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Codsticker View Post
    Great looking game Zogoth. It sounds like the dice deserted you- not too much you can do about that!
    Thanks!
    Yeah, this game I had two opponents, my opponent and my dice. Thankfully my opponent is one of my most regular opponents and we play quite a lot, so this has happened to us both before (and most likely will again in the future).
    His comment pretty much halfway in was, “oo, it's that day today”.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2