Page 42 of 44 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 LastLast

Thread: Blackadder's Attempt To Build a Lucius Patten Imperator Titan 'Invictus'

Re: Blackadder's Attempt To Build a Lucius Patten Imperator Titan 'Invictus'

Another newbie, welcome aboard.

Gatling Blaster:

While I am in the process of making a HellStrom Cannon I figure it wouldn't hurt to build a Gatling Blaster quick change set of barrels as well.

That way I can have the option of either weapon with minimal trouble.

The first thing is to make the six Barrel mount cone.

Here we see the cone which is simply a disk of styrene about ten inches in diameter with a center eight inches in diameter removed.

I then took the two inch wide strip and made a cone about 4 inches wide so there are two layers of 0.020 styrene which should be strong enough once the cone is covered with reinforcing bitz of sheet styrene.

https://i.imgur.com/UqQTie0.jpg

Once the glue is dried I have the rough form of the bell housing that is ready for detailing.

https://i.imgur.com/mGC0sIb.jpg
    "It is easier to fool someone than it is to convince them that they have been fooled."

You have now inspired me to try to make a piece of Sci-Fi terrain out of clothes pegs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Salty
    What the Modsticker said.

Chapter Master Inquisitor Engel's Avatar

This is the finish line adder! It's so close!

Quote Originally Posted by Inquisitor Engel View Post
    This is the finish line adder! It's so close!
    HA! I admire your optimism.
    "It is easier to fool someone than it is to convince them that they have been fooled."

The beginning phases of the Gatling Blaster.

Six rotation barrels spaced equal distance from the center barrel hub

https://i.imgur.com/rWAN8x9.jpg

It took some time to figure out the spacing of the barrels and I had to source the I and H Channels from my styrene provider which took a week.

https://i.imgur.com/U9s04JC.jpg

But my Idea is playing out and I should have the barrel assembly finished today.

I'm also working on the mounting yoke which is coming along with gratifying success.

https://i.imgur.com/5UaNiR9.jpg

I've moved my assembly from the Den to the Dining room for space considerations as we use the Den every day and the Dining room only for special occasions.

Much to the shagrin of Ms Adder but as I explained to her; "It's only temporary." So she said "Then you won't mind sleeping on the couch as long as that thing is in the Dining room."

"Fair enough." sez I.

Chapter Master Inquisitor Engel's Avatar

SO, now that this is so tantalizingly close... How are you going to get it to the local store to play?

With the range of that beast's weapons, he won't have to move it!

Quote Originally Posted by Inquisitor Engel View Post
    SO, now that this is so tantalizingly close... How are you going to get it to the local store to play?
    Play in the kitchen, have it fire from the dining room?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quote Originally Posted by Culven
    That's easy. The answer is +++ message edited by the Ordos of His Holy Inquisition to prevent spread of forbidden knowledge+++. Also, the sound of one hand clapping is +++ message edited by the Ordos of His Holy Inquisition to prevent spread of forbidden knowledge+++ and when a tree falls in the forest it +++ message edited by the Ordos of His Holy Inquisition to prevent spread of forbidden knowledge+++ a sound.

Chapter Master

lovely work as usual 'Adder... feel like the underside of the platform could use some techno junk here and there to break up what looks like a lot of un-detailed space... dunno, just an observation from your latest pics. Maybe enlarge the buttresses, or have undersides of the towers above protruding through the underside. edit: underside hasn't been done yet, that is probably why I'm seeing what I'm seeing.
    Last edited by Beppo1234; 20-11-2021 at 15:01.

https://i.imgur.com/kKuKqxV.jpg

It's back to the drawing board because I've found the definitive Gatling gun for my Emperor Titan. This rendering gives a much more complex appearance which matches the detail of the Laser cannon on the opposite side.

Since last I addressed this thread I'd made some significant progress on what I thought was a good design for a Mega Gatling Gun until I found this baby.

Granted it appears to be a hand held weapon but with judicious modifications I think I can salvage most of my work and produce a reasonable facsimile.

Here is where I am with the barrel arrangement.

https://i.imgur.com/uk120bY.jpg

Let me know what you think.....

[Quote]

Beppo,

lovely work as usual 'Adder... feel like the underside of the platform could use some techno junk here and there to break up what looks like a lot of un-detailed space... dunno, just an observation from your latest pics. Maybe enlarge the buttresses, or have undersides of the towers above protruding through the underside. edit: underside hasn't been done yet, that is probably why I'm seeing what I'm seeing. {/quote]

The gantry is just to protect the assembly which is pretty much a house of cards. Once it is bolted together I'll be able to decorate the gantry with all sorts of tchotchkes.
    Last edited by The_Blackadder; 03-01-2022 at 15:34.

CADIA STANDS! For The Emperor! For St Pius!

I like the beefed up recoil system, enhanced supporting structure and ammo feed. I think if you use that gun as a guide you will not go wrong. Lot of work though. Lucky you have shares in a plastics company now.
    Colonel Jacka
    12th Cadian Mech Regt (Orphan Brigade)
    Battle Group Imperators Aegis

CADIA STANDS!! All Hail St Pius! (RHUF)
    Posted by Rhaivaen "I think some of you are way to nonchalant about this subject."

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Jacka View Post
    I like the beefed up recoil system, enhanced supporting structure and ammo feed. I think if you use that gun as a guide you will not go wrong. Lot of work though. Lucky you have shares in a plastics company now.
    So you can pick out and give the nomenclature of the various parts of this version of a Gatling cannon. TVM. Aside from the ammo feed I don't know what I'm looking at.

One thing that bothers me is the dogleg tubing across the top of the mechanism.

What it is for and how to reproduce it has me baffled. I just might skip it altogether....

As I type an Idea just came to me.... Whoa!
    Last edited by The_Blackadder; 04-01-2022 at 16:15.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Blackadder View Post
    Judging by the location and the swivel bit, it is meant to be a carrying handle. No need for that on a titan.
    Log Placeholder | Dr. McNinja | BGG Collection | Models Painted: 2006 - 53 | 2007 - 5 | 2008 - 3 | 2009 - 0 | 2010 - 18 | 2011 - 6 | 2012 - 20 | 2013 - 5 | 2014 - 25 | 2015 - 19 | 2016 - 35 | 2017 - 40 | 2018 - 43 | 2019 - 21 | 2020 - 21 | 2021 - 25

Quote Originally Posted by The_Blackadder View Post
    So you can pick out and give the nomenclature of the various parts of this version of a Gatling cannon. TVM. Aside from the ammo feed I don't know what I'm looking at.

What it is for and how to reproduce it has me baffled. I just might skip it altogether....

As I type an Idea just came to me.... Whoa!
    Mate it is the carrying handle that you can use when firing from the waist. Click it up and hold in left hand and pull the trigger with the right. Rambo Style.
    Colonel Jacka

Posted by Rhaivaen "I think some of you are way to nonchalant about this subject."

Looking great
    Follow my Projects on Instagram!
    The 3rd Albion "Land Battleship" Flotilla (WW1/WW2 Royal Navy Themed Guard) HERE
    Leadmill's Mechanised Blood Angels HERE
    Knights Inductor/Reasonable Marines Project HERE
    Inquisition Scions/Arbites Strikeforce HERE
    The Imperial Munitorium Civilain and Logistics Vehicle Thread HERE

Nobody expects yadda yadda yadda.....

http://i.imgur.com/P9ANJdX.jpg

A bad week for building.

Trying to edit the original barrel work to conform to the new image without replacing too much of the previous work.

https://i.imgur.com/WXtyjuq.jpg

Once the rest of the detail is applied I think it will pass muster.

I think that the disk at the front to keep all the barrels in order will really seal the deal appearance wise. Glad to have the forum back so we can keep following along!

Looking good and mods work well.
    Colonel Jacka

Thanks for the relies.

Breach plate:

for lack of a better name....

This will also serve as the balance point of the weapon because the barrels and muzzle will cause the cannon to be front heavy.

https://i.imgur.com/rLyaIKf.jpg

I'm very much concerned about the topheavyness of the model.

Not that it can't be built and stand properly but I would also like to keep the model fully poseable.

Page 42 of 44 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 LastLast