Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44

Thread: Blackadder's Attempt To Build a Lucius Patten Imperator Titan 'Invictus'

Re: Blackadder's Attempt To Build a Lucius Patten Imperator Titan 'Invictus'

Quote Originally Posted by Beppo1234 View Post
    do feel like cowling makes the Gatling Cannon too big compared to the Plasma... kind of makes the model look off balance
    I can leave the cowl off when presented with the Plasma Blaster. This weapon was originally supposed balance the Plasma Blaster and as such these are the only two available so far.

Once I complete the hellstorm Cannon it will balance out this current project with the cowl in place.

BTW the Plasma Blaster also gets armour sheathing and a more massive after section.
    "It is easier to fool someone than it is to convince them that they have been fooled."

Weapons Mounted;

Temporarily to be sure but as a dry run it seems they hang admirably.

https://i.imgur.com/V9eMciC.jpg

The Gatling is quite a bit heavier that the plasm Blaster but not enough to unbalance the mounting.

https://i.imgur.com/3S8QYUR.jpg

A problem revealed itself on this first application; namely there does not seem room for the ammo drum in the gantry. :bleep:

https://i.imgur.com/6X9GnQq.jpg

Also my idea for an ammo belt in the lower body of the titan doesn't seem likely at this time without a major revamp of the magazine position.... :violin:

https://i.imgur.com/D6HdcL3.jpg
    "It is easier to fool someone than it is to convince them that they have been fooled."

Chapter Master

something about the angle of the underside of the main body and the galting canon makes me say massive ammo feed

CADIA STANDS! For The Emperor! For St Pius!

Bugger! I feel your pain.
    Colonel Jacka
    12th Cadian Mech Regt (Orphan Brigade)
    Battle Group Imperators Aegis

CADIA STANDS!! All Hail St Pius! (RHUF)
    Posted by Rhaivaen "I think some of you are way to nonchalant about this subject."

Gatling Gun Rear Subsection

For those who wish to follow along through each modicum of construction I present the following.

It may be noted that there is significant relief in the substructure of this section of the construct.

https://i.imgur.com/p6WFzIP.jpg

I found that the mounting bracket of the arm was too delicate looking for the mass of the gun so I doubled the thickness of the mounting yoke.
    I used 10/24 countersunk screws and blind nuts to make the universal mountings of the arm.

This way I can achieve almost a full range of motion for the weapon.

https://i.imgur.com/FGHOmRV.jpg

I much prefer the intricacies of the drum style yoke to the bracket style yoke of the original 3D image.

Adapting the magazine aft section to the increased caliber of the barrels resulted in a few compromises in the overall appearances of the mounting system.

https://i.imgur.com/zTckkrr.jpg

I probably could have done without the forward sight but I kept it for its aesthetic value.

Likewise the bulging midsection of the loader.

Now that I have fulfilled the need for displaying the inner structure I can proceed with applying the surface sheathing and detail.

Utility or Glitz:

I've come to a crossroads regarding the magazine.

Do I go for the more utilitarian magazine belt drawn from the hull if the titan or the ruddy great ammo drum mounted under the recoil/loader aft end of the gun.

To me the drum offers a small number of rounds compared to the in hull magazine plus it will hang very low on what is already a massive construction compared to the elegant Plasma Blaster and even the multi barreled Quake Cannon.

Regardless the infeed ports on the sides of the loader needs to be manufactured and positioned.

The components shown above.

The layout of the position drawn in which will be aligned with the drum and the hull positions.

The ports roughed in.

And the roughed in chambers.
    Last edited by The_Blackadder; 06-04-2022 at 18:39.

Internal feed would seem the way to go.
    Colonel Jacka

Posted by Rhaivaen "I think some of you are way to nonchalant about this subject."

Chapter Master Inquisitor Engel's Avatar

Just when I thought you were close to done...

You're going to have to buy this thing a plane ticket if you take it anywhere! Does it sit in the car seat properly, or does it just strap in?

Thanks for the thoughts. I've considered all these options including the spent belt clips. They were expendable in Nam.

Ammo Belt:

After a few bad starts I finally went back to my original plan of how to create this structure.

Also I decided to commit to an onboard round magazine rather than the drum attached to the weapon.

https://i.imgur.com/X0SKDLq.jpg

The reason is twofold.

1 The Ammo drum is too bulky to attach to the loading housing and would look ludicrous.

2 Plus the drum would be too small to store a significant number of rounds. The hull would be a better option.

Maintaining flexibility was also a challenge which necessitated splitting the rounds on the ammo belt strip.

Since the belt is merely for show I can make this presumption.

It took me two weeks to come up with a viable plan and I haven't even applied the details;

Whew!

BTW I am getting notifications that this forum is not a "secure website" which makes Warseer difficult to sign into. Can anything be done to remedy this?

Quote Originally Posted by Inquisitor Engel View Post
    Just when I thought you were close to done...

You're going to have to buy this thing a plane ticket if you take it anywhere! Does it sit in the car seat properly, or does it just strap in?
    Once I complete the gatling gun I'll be able to start detailing the entire model. That is where the true fun begins. As for transporting, the model breaks down to two basic sections.

I guess I'll have to buy two tickets for him.

Same issue with log in, I thought they had resolved this when it happened a couple of months ago.

The ammo belt would be a pain to do.
    Colonel Jacka

Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44