Quote Originally Posted by Cèsar de Quart View Post
OK, I though they were all heroes of the actual Eight Realms and not of the Old World.
They are indeed (although it gets a bit murky as the Realms are made up of bits of the World-that-was, resurrect souls, etc)! Sorry if I wasn't clear, I was using Bretonnia, Tilea, the Empire as examples as we don't really have much information on empires/cultures of the Age of Myth before everything came crashing down into the Age of Chaos. Part of what GW handled very badly in my opinion, they should have told us more of the glorious time before, especially in the Stormcast Eternals' case, so we'd get more impact from the devastation and a desire to see it restored...

Yes, I think I'll go for "Vaguely Bretonnian" and take inspiration in the Arthurian myth. Maybe I'll convince my Sylvaneth and Chaos friends to have some Arthurian characters. The Sylvaneth are very well adapted to Welsh mythology, and Chaos can be a stand-in for anyone who fights order.
Sylvaneth do suit Irish Mythology, Welsh Folklore, and Arthurian Legend - Tree-Revenants, Forest Folk bound by Alarielle's song and 'soul-pods', Drycha and the Outcasts/Spite-Revenants having comparisons with Seleigh and Unseleigh in Irish Faerie courts.

Where are these bits of lore in the books?? This is what we need to see and feel the Stormcast Eternals and the Realms as real places. Why aren't there bits like those in the rulebooks? Anyway, thanks for the insight and the additional info! Really!
GW collected it as a novel and audio books that last one is the particular episode. Another thing I think GW mishandled about the launch of AoS, they seem to have decided Black Library should handle all the lore and stripped it from the game related stuff except for the barest summary...

So far, even if they're mutant superhumans, I can relate more to Space Marines than I can with the Stormcasts... possiblt because of what I've said a paragraf before.
Yes, GW seemed to have stumbled out of the gate with how they handled presenting the lore, although they seem to have worked things out, as the "Shadows over Hammerhal" game is rife with background on the life of a newly restored city of Order in the desolation of Chaos.