Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Guilliman and the Lost Primarchs

Chaplain

Re: Guilliman and the Lost Primarchs

Basically, it's very difficult to tell if guilliman is actually acting for the good, or may be about to overthrow much of the Imperium. Perhaps for good reasons, perhaps for bad, but he'll have to win both against chaos AND against the major powers of the Empire, otherwise there might just be a third chapter removed from records, forgotten and unspoken of in 10,000 years time.
    Or a second traitor heresy written into Imperial lore.
    I, myself, can't wait to kick the smurfs in the nuts. For the Emperor!

Chaplain

There is nothing in particular to say that the lost Primarchs, or their legions, we're particularly heretical or chaotic in their own way. Just that the space wolves were ordered to remove at least one of them.
    Man's ambitions is more of a worry to the Imperial crede than all of chaos sometimes. For if you can't blame it on anything other than your race's own innate desire for power or control, especially in the face of the status quo, and despite it, then it's especially hard to feel like you're the "good guys". Considering you destroy aliens for their mere thought of it, and that the human in that particular position committing these "heresies" may have a good point.

Has guilliman crossed that line, from saviour to heretic? Indeed, is he even who we think he is? In a time of chaos, daemons masquerade as many things.

I personally think he has crossed that line, in the long run, no matter the reasons of doing so. It is not so much a question of whether the lost primarchs will come back, but if we are seeing a third one be created.

That'd move the story along a bit, certainly

Chaplain

Sort of paraphrased, but it used to be a "thing":
    "When Ultramar falls away, or falls away from the Codex, then the Doom of Man is upon them. And a second War begins. "

Or something to that nature. Someone could probably quote the Prophecy of Ultramar way better than me.

Anyway. That ***** happened (it is happening now). So, yep.....

Quote Originally Posted by Fangschrecken View Post
    To resurrect a semi-dead thread, after reading the Forgeworld Heresy books it's heavily hinted (basically spelled out) that at least one of the Legions was destroyed in the Rangdan Xenocide. Said to be a truly apocalyptic war, which is probably the most we will ever get out of it.
    Both Lorgar and Sanguinius have expressed fear about ending up like one of the Lost Legions, and the SW seem to take some pride in having already destroyed one loyalist legion well before the Heresy.

So there we have it. One destroyed in a huge conflict, one was purged for somehow displeasing the Emperor.

Some surviving members may or may not have been folded into the UM, though the author who came up with that has outright stated that it was just meant as a false in-world rumor.

Chapter Master Inquisitor Engel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by totgeboren View Post
    Both Lorgar and Sanguinius have expressed fear about ending up like one of the Lost Legions, and the SW seem to take some pride in having already destroyed one loyalist legion well before the Heresy.

So there we have it. One destroyed in a huge conflict, one was purged for somehow displeasing the Emperor.

Some surviving members may or may not have been folded into the UM, though the author who came up with that has outright stated that it was just meant as a false in-world rumor.
    The Leman Russ Primarch novella makes it pretty clear that Russ' "I've killed Primarchs" thing is all bluster, and the Space Wolves are just putting on a show.

Quote Originally Posted by Inquisitor Engel View Post
    The Leman Russ Primarch novella makes it pretty clear that Russ' "I've killed Primarchs" thing is all bluster, and the Space Wolves are just putting on a show.
    Oh praise the emperor! I couldn't stand all the self righteous, we're the best stuff, we don't use the warp, we've killed primarchs and blah blah blah. They're just a legion like any other. They've had marines go over to the traitors. /end rant

Commander

Quote Originally Posted by Fangschrecken View Post
    Oh praise the emperor! I couldn't stand all the self righteous, we're the best stuff, we don't use the warp, we've killed primarchs and blah blah blah. They're just a legion like any other. They've had marines go over to the traitors. /end rant
    to be fair, ABD have said that TONS of times because he was getting REALLY annoying with Space wolf fan braging about their primarch being primarch killer.

On the other hand, foreworld Russ show that while that is a lot of boasting, he was prepare to take other primarch.

Quote Originally Posted by Razios View Post
    On the other hand, foreworld Russ show that while that is a lot of boasting, he was prepare to take other primarch.
    And that's fine; Russ can get ready all he wants but the only confirmed primarch killers are Fulgrim, Dorn, and Horus. We don't know what happened to the other two besides some strong hints from FW about an entire [redacted] destroyed during the Rangdan Xenocide.

Yup, Legion 11, is mine.

Well feck that writer then I'm using it and sticking with it. it totally fits the narrative for my legion.
    Have a look at my Combined Krieg/ Ryzan Husarz-Grenadiers attempt: http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=177393
    Quote Originally Posted by Juggalo
    If my post comes across as angry/aggressive/offensive/whatever, it is not intended as such. At worst, it is merely incredulity, conveyed through the inflexible format of an internet forum.Don't flatter yourself thinking anything to the contrary

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2