Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: Historical plastic kits in 28 mm

Re: Historical plastic kits in 28 mm

A set of 60 plastic shields seems like an old release. Maybe the price reflects how much of a gamble they feel it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Salty
    What the Modsticker said.

Plastic Dark Ages Irish look to be in the distant future...link.

Chapter Master

Victrix seems to have released the long waited and very concisely named "Vikings" set.
    Who is Griefbringer? Read his poem.

Quote Originally Posted by Cenyu
    Since World of Warcraft players manage to get themselves killed due to exhaustion, why should Griefbringer not manage to get himself killed with a regiment of table top miniatures. YouŽd be a pioneer.

Chapter Master

News have been a bit on the slow side lately, but now Warlord has released a set of 95th riflemen (Napoleonic British) that I had not previously heard about.

These are described as being one piece and only available for a limited period of time. Considering that there only seems to be 3 poses, and that they are priced at Ł10 for 10 figures, I would not get too excited - Perrys provide twice the number of multi-part plastic riflemen for the same price.

Since World of Warcraft players manage to get themselves killed due to exhaustion, why should Griefbringer not manage to get himself killed with a regiment of table top miniatures. YouŽd be a pioneer.

Karawansaray has a sprue of four different tank commanders for WW2 (from Rubicon, giving a Russian, German, British and US tanker) available as a reward that I have not seen before. These are only available when you have taken part in their wargamer survey, though. At least I was unable to find them in their open shop.
    Inquisitorial Advisor - Battle Group Imperators Aegis
    The Death Korps of Krieg @ FW

Chapter Master

Could it be that the sprue in question is simply re-cut from parts of their other, existing tank crew sprues?

Chapter Master

Rather quiet lately, though Warlord has mentioned that they are going to be releasing another set of plastic Napoleonic cavalry - Prussian dragoons.

Quote Originally Posted by Griefbringer View Post
    Could it be that the sprue in question is simply re-cut from parts of their other, existing tank crew sprues?
    Possible, but I do not recognize any of them from their other products.
    Here is the link: https://www.karwansaraypublishers.co...der-sprue.html
    This sprue is afaik not listed on the Rubicon webpage.

There is a new Germanic warriors set available from Victrix!

BTW: I really hate the new forum layout. Just one posting per page makes reading really challenging...
    Inquisitorial Advisor - Battle Group Imperators Aegis
    The Death Korps of Krieg @ FW

Chapter Master

I have added the Victrix set of Germanic warriors, as well their two recent sets of late Anglo-Saxons. They seem to be quite busy nowadays, compared to many other 28 mm plastic manufacturers.

As for the forum layout, you can adjust it somewhere in the personal settings to show good old 20 posts per page, though that of course only helps when you are logged in.

Chapter Master

On a more personal note, I am starting to consider stopping the maintenance of this list around the end of the year or so. I have got quite a lot of other things going on in my life, and this year the release rate of new plastics seems to have gone down quite a lot - and I have not been personally very excited about most of them (Perry HYW cavalry excepted).

On a more personal note, I am starting to consider stopping the maintenance of this list around the end of the year or so. I have got quite a lot of other things going on in my life, and this year the release rate of new plastics seems to have gone down quite a lot - and I have not been personally very excited about most of them (Perry HYW cavalry excepted).
    I would certainly agree with your comment on the rate of release, with the exception of Victrix which seems to be fairly steady.

Chapter Master

Victrix certainly seems to have managed to keep up a decent plastic release rate recently.

And while the release rate for historical plastics may be slowing down, there seems to be a decent number of plastic fantasy (non-GW) releases these days, which while not directly relevant to this thread is still a welcome development. Northstar has their ranges for Frostgrave (skirmish) and Oathmark (mass battles), Fireforge has expanded from historicals to also fantasy side, and a new producer Atlantic Wargames seems to be trying to enter both scenes.

The Perrys are set to release 2 more boxes for Napoleonics and Griping Beast have a new set of ancient and medieval rules rules, Milites Mundi, on the horizon with an accompanying set of 10mm figures so I imagine it may be a while before we see a plastic release from them.

Chapter Master

The recent Gripping Beast plastic releases were not particularly impressing, so not seeing further releases from them in near future is maybe not a major loss.

Warlord Games has been rather quiet on the 28 mm historical plastic front lately, though I have not checked if their releases in other genres (SF) or smaller scales (naval and aerial) have included plastics.

Chapter Master

Quote Originally Posted by Codsticker View Post
    The Perrys are set to release 2 more boxes for Napoleonics
    These two sets are now on pre-order at the Perry website, so I have added them to the rather lenghty list of Napoleonic French products on the market.

Chapter Master

I have decided to stick with my decision to not update this list with any new releases from the beginning of the year 2020 onwards, so the list effectively covers years 2008 to 2019. I have added a mention of this to the first post.

In case anybody spots releases from 2019 that have passed under my radar, please mention them. I personally just spotted four different medieval outbuildings that Renedra had released a few months ago that I had not noticed - these have been now added to the list.

Chapter Master

I found out that last summer Warlord Games had released their long waited plastic Crimean War Russian infantry, added to the list now.

I saw you posted your list to LAF- that's a good idea to spread this resource around.

Chapter Master

Yes, I have posted slightly differently organised versions of this list to both Lead Adventure Forum and The Miniatures Page, both forums that I visit regularly, as a kind of grand farewell to this list.

As a bit of a coincidence, my decision to stop maintaining this list is closely matched with the entry of Atlantic Wargames into the historical plastics market. They already put out a few SF and fantasy sets last year, but their first historical set should be coming out in near future (it is already in pre-order).

As a bit of a coincidence, my decision to stop maintaining this list is closely matched with the entry of Atlantic Wargames into the historical plastics market. They already put out a few SF and fantasy sets last year, but their first historical set should be coming out in near future (it is already in pre-order).
    Yes, they have some interesting sets due out this year.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8