Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Arhalien plogs again - Dystopian Wars, Firestorm Armada, Infinity, and more!

Re: Arhalien plogs again - Dystopian Wars, Firestorm Armada, Infinity, and more!

I have Directorate, Sorylians and Aquan Prime. Aquans work fine enough, but I feel the other 2 need decals of some sort.

Those Infinity miniatures look really good, did you finish this Christmas project or will we see something new next time again? Hopping around is healthy.

EDIT: That bright splash on the bases does add a lot. Right now I use a clear red triangle for the front and star dotted space with a magnet under the base.
    Last edited by Little Joe; 31-08-2018 at 14:16.
    my general project thread

[2020] painted: 3

Re: Arhalien plogs again - Dystopian Wars, Firestorm Armada, Infinity, and more!

Quote Originally Posted by Little Joe View Post
    I have Directorate, Sorylians and Aquan Prime. Aquans work fine enough, but I feel the other 2 need decals of some sort.

Those Infinity miniatures look really good, did you finish this Christmas project or will we see something new next time again? Hopping around is healthy.

EDIT: That bright splash on the bases does add a lot. Right now I use a clear red triangle for the front and star dotted space with a magnet under the base.
    I've seen some nice examples of all of them without, but I do like decals being used, so I'd be intrigued to see what you could come up with. You can get transfer paper you can print on so I've occasionally been tempted to print ship names for my Terrans.

I've spent some time recently painting up some Japanese Secessionist Army troops, as a break from Imperial Service. I have still got a lot of ISS troops painted that I will show once I get around to taking decent photos.

In the meantime however, Japanese!

The first model I painted had more purple cloth, which while I liked, I still wasn't sure about.

I then decided to paint a model with more of a dark red rather than a dark purple, which I ended up preferring, after much deliberation:

So I ended up painting more like this:

And a group shot (I chose not to repaint the test model as I do like it and it doesn't stand out too terribly):

More photos and considerably more musing on colour scheme choices on the blog: http://whyarecarrots.blogspot.com/20...nist-army.html

Thanks for looking!

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Doc Grotsnik View Post
    14. Certain FAQ questions will be answered with the stock company answer of 'stop being such a knob'
    Quote Originally Posted by Doi View Post
    Arhalien: Consider yourself lucky I'm fresh out of rocks and sharp, pointy sticks
    My Fantasy Log//The Blog of Many Things

Good work Arhalien. Nice colour scheme.

Cheers,

CB
    Please follow the rules and respect the opinions of others
    Interested in buying OOP Sisters of Battle with Standards - Selling loads of painted WFB Empire Units/Heroes and other bits for 40K and terrain

Nice colours mate! Love the bases!
    My random painting log- Dwarfs, Nids and VC - updated with Kharadrons! 01/05/17
    http://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142003

Very effective colour scheme there nice work

Nice Japanese with great bases. I like how the red and yellow combine with green binding it together.

The Daiyokai Dengekitai is an interesting battle suit. Nice images with the background.

So apparently I seem to have deleted my
    last post while trying to edit it to copy links out of it - the mobile interface for this forum is... questionable...

Anyway, here is my last update from a couple of weeks ago that I managed to delete...

Thanks all - I'm very happy with the result re. bases and overall colour scheme

I've done some more work on the JSA (and completely forgot to post about it here...) including the Daiyokai Dengekitai, which was a hell of a painting process, and had a lot more time lavished on it than the other models of the army so far. I've also painted the two Ryuken Unit-9 as well as the Oniwaban.

Anyway, onto the photos:

And a group of the recently painted models:

More photos as well as further musings can be found on the blog: http://whyarecarrots.blogspot.com/20...this.html#more

Thanks for looking!

14. Certain FAQ questions will be answered with the stock company answer of 'stop being such a knob'
    Arhalien: Consider yourself lucky I'm fresh out of rocks and sharp, pointy sticks

One of these days I swear this will stop happening...

Anyway, as per usual, I have been painting a lot, but failing to post updates to this plog... But that will (hopefully) change (at least temporarily) today!

A recent project I've started has been to paint my way through CMON's Rising Sun, a boardgame of diplomacy and alliance building in a mythical version of feudal Japan. I have started off working through the various clans one clan at a time, starting with the Turtle Clan, as they are my least favourite clan aesthetically.

More photos and musings can be found here: http://whyarecarrots.blogspot.com/20...rtle-clan.html

Thanks for looking!

Very interesting looking range of figures. I had not actually heard of this CMON game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Salty
    What the Modsticker said.

Quote Originally Posted by Codsticker View Post
    Very interesting looking range of figures. I had not actually heard of this CMON game.
    They are incredibly cool models, and really interesting/challenging to paint (they are detailed, and a lot of the detail is very fine). It was one of their biggest ever Kickstarter campaigns, although I only became aware of it after going through the history of their various campaigns after backing the latest Zombicide (that will be a big project when it arrives).

Up next from the painting table is the Koi Clan, much brighter and more vibrant than the Turtle Clan, so a very different clan to paint:

Bushi:

Shinto:

Daimyo:

Group shot:

More photos, as well as musings about colour theory, can be found at the blog here: http://whyarecarrots.blogspot.com/20...-koi-clan.html

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3