Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Captain Brown Paints Craftworld Eldar - Alaitoc (from very, very old models)

Re: Captain Brown Paints Craftworld Eldar - Alaitoc (from very, very old models)

Very nice work, love the banner and pinstriping

Re: Captain Brown Paints Craftworld Eldar - Alaitoc (from very, very old models)

Thank you Codsticker and nitromors,

Second two finished:

The long painting war continues...

CB
    Please follow the rules and respect the opinions of others
    Interested in buying OOP metal Necromunda figures - Selling Metal and Plastic Bretonnians, Painted Elysian and Tau Armies, plus painted WFB Empire Units/Heroes and other bits for 40K and terrain

All three together to make a squad.

CB
    Interested in buying OOP metal Necromunda figures - Selling Metal and Plastic Bretonnians, Painted Elysian and Tau Armies, plus painted WFB Empire Units/Heroes and other bits for 40K and terrain

Looking great CB

Quote Originally Posted by nitromors View Post
    Looking great CB
    Thank you nitromors.

Starting another three.

CB

WIP.

The long painting war continues…

CB

Here are the next three Shining Spears completed.

CB

Impressive stuff Captain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Salty
    What the Modsticker said.

Shiny shiny white, great painting on those Captain!

Commander

they look very smart! The smooth white finish with the dark blue lines, I particually like the fact the squad HQ has a more elaborate pattern, top notch!

Thank you gentlemen.

Here are all six together.

CB

Outstanding! They look great

Thanks nitromors,

I have three more to do (these were made from spare bits and no less than five jetbikes for spare parts.

CB

9 of these beauties are going to look glorious! I always get more satisfaction from rescuing old kits and bits like that, great stuff Captain.

Thanks Ragsta,

These are made from various bits to create the last three in my series of nine, you will find an Eldar Guardian torso, plastic Jetbiker legs, scratch built back-banner one one, the bikes were cobbled together from five damaged ones, and the lances are Archon 3D Smiths. I even added buckles to the lance arms to have them fit the look.

Shining Spears Travel in Style (and like all Elves, they look good doing it).

The long painting and converting war continues...

CB

So for my old metal Eldar army, I have these items remaining.

A converted Striking Scorpion Exarch (Who notices the change?)

Another Dire Avenger Exarch

Another Support Weapon and Crew

As well as some assorted extra weapons to paint up for Ware Walkers, Support Weapons, and Wave Serpents.

CB

Some more classics CB. Is it the left arm on the Striking Scorpion?
    Quote Originally Posted by Salty
    What the Modsticker said.

Quote Originally Posted by Codsticker View Post
    Is it the left arm on the Striking Scorpion?
    Yes, good eye.

I wanted a Scorpions Claw, not certain where the arm came from, as I found it in a random bits order. I think it might be an Asurmen arm.

Cheers,

CB

I do love the old exarchs. I made a point of picking both of these up for my future old lead host - even if the exarch is a wee bit 'hmmmm' to me!

Lovely progress with the Shining Spears - so much white yet painted brilliantly.

Thank you Ragsta,

The entire flight.

Now a tactical/game play question: Should I keep them on these magnetized large round bases, or should I move them to 25mm clear round bases that the original Spears and Jetbikes used to be mounted on? That way I create a smaller footprint and have a chance to make use of cover...as Shining Spears generally do not react well to incoming fire...and are not exactly good at defending objectives so area control is not really important. Since they were all eBay recoveries and most did not come with any clear stands at all, I would feel no guilt about reducing the base size.

The long painting and converting war continues...

CB

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast