Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: Captain Brown Paints Craftworld Eldar - Alaitoc (from very, very old models)

Re: Captain Brown Paints Craftworld Eldar - Alaitoc (from very, very old models)

My inclination is to try them as is; if it becomes apparent it is a real disadvantage then maybe swap them out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Salty
    What the Modsticker said.

Re: Captain Brown Paints Craftworld Eldar - Alaitoc (from very, very old models)

Thanks Codsticker,

I think I will try both, as I am using rare earth magnets to attach the bikes to the base post. I will make another set with the smaller bases and shorter posts.

Finished a forth Eldar Dire Avenger Exarch.

The long painting war continues...

CB
    Last edited by Captain Brown; 16-05-2021 at 04:05. Reason: Moved photos beside each other.
    Please follow the rules and respect the opinions of others
    Interested in buying OOP metal Necromunda figures - Selling Metal and Plastic Bretonnians, Painted Elysian and Tau Armies, plus painted WFB Empire Units/Heroes and other bits for 40K and terrain

Another old Eldar Support Weapon and Team.

Also found and painted the original Eldar Support Weapon.

CB
    Interested in buying OOP metal Necromunda figures - Selling Metal and Plastic Bretonnians, Painted Elysian and Tau Armies, plus painted WFB Empire Units/Heroes and other bits for 40K and terrain

One more metal figure added, a Striking Scorpion Exarch. This lets me have up to three small five man Scorpion Squads. This model also has a small conversion.

The long painting and converting war continues...

CB

Looking good there Captain, love seeing some of the older models getting some TLC

Thank you nitromors,

Next up are some Wraithguard I painted a while ago. However they were mounted on their original 25mm bases. So, like I did with the Avatar and War Walkers, I replaced the original with something more in line with their size...32mm bases.

Not quite as large as the 40mm ones that the new plastics are being mounted on, but these metal figures are not as tall either.

CB

Nice work CB. The 32mm bases look perfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Salty
    What the Modsticker said.

Thank you Codsticker.

So a very minor project...finishing some more alternative Heavy Weapons for the Support Platforms/War Walkers.

When I first started painting these I lamented that they were all slightly different that those I already had. Also, the two Missile Launchers were different in this batch... Then I thought about the lore and how the Alderi Empire had spanned a portion of the galaxy, and Eldar were masters of craftsmanship, so why wouldn't many of the weapons be unique.

With most of them mounted on War Walkers with similar (but still different) weapons.

CB

I do love those war walkers. This era of Eldar can be surprisingly good for finding bargains on evil bay, particularly their walkers.

Your scheme looks really excellent on them!

Thank you Ragsta.

Now this next model was more of an experiment...it came to me in a pile of Eldar scrap bits.

So I had to add a hand, a base, and the end of the Glaive.

I repaired it because I wanted to see how it would fit next to my classic metal if I wanted to be absolutely WYSIWYG. So repaired and painted.

Hand came from a ruined plastic Jetbike rider, Glaive blade was made from a plastic power sword.

Thoughts?

The long painting and converting war continues...

CB

Fantastic work here Capt. Brown. I do like a nicely painted classic army.
    Quote Originally Posted by fluffymcfluff View Post
    Warhammer for me is more fun when I can drink, smoke and swear at my dice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Commissar Vaughn View Post
    And dont tell me the rules are "Designed" to work better at certain points values, because the rules are many things but Designed aint one of them...
    My miniature blog. http://tinylegions.blogspot.com/
    www.classichammer.com - New Games with Old Rules

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8