Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Captain Brown Paints Craftworld Eldar - Alaitoc (from very, very old models)

Chapter Master Inquisitor Engel's Avatar

Re: Captain Brown Paints Craftworld Eldar - Alaitoc (from very, very old models)

No thread left unupdated, no mini left unpainted.

Looking good!

Re: Captain Brown Paints Craftworld Eldar - Alaitoc (from very, very old models)

Inquisitor Engel,

That is a great motto for getting figures painted.

Now this is a unit that was painted a long time ago, with some repairs and touch-ups along the way. A replacement weapon for the Support Platform. However they were the unit that the previous was based upon.

I think I will replace the Scatter Laser with a Shuriken Cannon with the army wide rules of 8th edition.

The long painting war continues...

CB
    Please follow the rules and respect the opinions of others
    Interested in buying OOP metal Necromunda figures - Selling Painted Elysian Army, and other bits for 40K and terrain

Another small addition.

The original Farseer model with a converted arm (the pointing one was replaced with a Shining Spear and now replaced with a Shuriken pistol).

This model was mostly painted already, but I removed and replaced the right arm of this Farseer and did some repainting also updated the base.

CB
    Interested in buying OOP metal Necromunda figures - Selling Painted Elysian Army, and other bits for 40K and terrain

Some previously painted Eldar Warlocks.

I seem to field only one in each of my battles. Anyone had success with a unit of them?

CB

First unit of Striking Scorpions.

This unit I converted the Exarch and replaced the Shuriken Pistol with a Scorpion's Claw (made from some putty to create the claws, an old Harliquin's power fist and a resin Shuriken end to make the embedded Shuriken Catapault).

CB
    Last edited by Captain Brown; 12-05-2021 at 01:07.

Second unit of Striking Scorpions.

This time the Exarch is unchanged from the original.

CB

Another old unit, this time the Dark Reapers aspect.

CB

Ah yes, Dark Reapers. The model the designers went "What should Necron skulls look like? Oh yeah!"

Makes perfect sense from a lore to model perspective too!

Loving the detail you picked out on the feet.

Oh old Dark Reapers are magnificent, and they are really well performed and homogeneous. A good addition to your army! Good work!

Thank you Inquisitor Engel and Onos,

Now a previously painted unit with a very different purpose.

I picked these up right after they came out, box of 5. Same time as the Vyper release.

CB

Another another unit will some old and new. Exarch had his wings redone to fit in better with the unit.

CB

That's a rather nice Swooping Hawk scheme.

Thank you Inquisitor Engel.

Now a group shot of my revitalized Eldar force.

Note the round bases where there used to be square ones.

So 4 Dark Reapers, Asurman, War Walker, Autarch, Jet Bike and a Wave Serpent to go.

CB
    Last edited by Captain Brown; 20-02-2018 at 17:30. Reason: Added to the 'to paint list'

Nice work, it's always nice to see a fully painted army.

Thanks nitromors,

As I am moving and have packed up my paints (and a whole lot of family items over the last couple of months) I have not been able to add to this Painting Log. I have been able to play some games, so posting them here to entertain you with more images.

So a battle between Space Marines and Craftworld Eldar - 100 Force Points.

6 Objectives scattered across the battlefield. My opponent set up his army is a broad gunline making certain he was occupying or close to all the objectives. While I concentrated on my right flank and by the time my opponent realized this and placed some heavier units to stop this, he was pretty strung out.

This was his counter to my heavy right hook. In a way I influenced his placement and had almost my entire army facing only half of his.

My main concentration. I am pretty certain that the Space Marines were certain they would be able to collect several objectives without much of a fight...they have not fought Eldar and their speed before.

The Space Marine response. (Look, the Dreadnought is not painted so it is doomed!)

More to come.

Cheers,

CB

So I sent the first turn stationary, surrendering the initiative to the Space Marine player. My forces fired longer ranged weapons, inflicting damage on the Land Raider and Dreadnought. You should have seen the face of my opponent when at the end of the first turn he had suffered some superficial damage on only two of his models...and my army was passively waiting in front of him.

I collected a VP for holding one objective matching my cards and that was it.

As expected on his turn the Marine's pushed forward. Focusing their firepower on destroying the Transports on my right and seizing objectives on my left.

He did severe damage to one Wave Serpent and serious damage to the other. His fire on my Dire Avengers was much less successful with the Alaitoc cover save for long range and Asurmen's bonus protection. However he seized three objectives (he had four at one point, but decided to abandon one to get within shooting range with his Terminator squad).

More to come.

Cheers,

CB

If it weren't the bases being proper colours instead of just Goblin Green, I'd think that picture was taken in 2nd Edition! You've even got the card buildings! :O (And in such good condition too!)

Ahh, that takes me back!
    Happy times.

Always nice to see a fully painted army.

Mors Cattus Moderatus

Gotta love the classics, especially the old card terrain. I loved the few I had

Commander

Nice stuff, my friend.
    This is my miniatures blog: reviews, battle reports, painted armies, and a few about Vgames. Soon, there will be the rules of my own wargame:
    https://heraldodelatormenta.blogspot.com.es/
    And my fantasy log: http://www.warseer.com/forums/showth...Fantasy-Guardi
    Tri-Eldar log: http://www.warseer.com/forums/showth...ime-for-Eldars

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast