Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Captain Brown Paints Craftworld Eldar - Alaitoc (from very, very old models)

Brother Sergeant

Re: Captain Brown Paints Craftworld Eldar - Alaitoc (from very, very old models)

Wow that is old school.

CBC

Re: Captain Brown Paints Craftworld Eldar - Alaitoc (from very, very old models)

Thanks Inquisitor Engel, The Pounder, DeathCat147, El Antiguo Guardián and CBC.

The Eldar strike back.

First the Wave Serpents empty their contents and the Banshees, Fire Dragons, Farseer and least damaged Wave Serpent move forward.

My now depleted Dire Avengers and Asurman advance from my center and the most damaged Wave Serpent moves to assist with my left flank. I brought on my Rangers to shore up the left and stiffen my defense against the Terminators.

Fire rained down on the Dreadnought and Land Raider. It was so intense that the Dreadnought blew up and the Land Raider was severely damaged.

The Land Raider was so damaged that in the follow Assault phase it was shredded by close combat that it was almost a hulk. My fire elsewhere was less impressive and even work I self inflicted a wound on the Farseer with a failed power.

More to come.

Cheers,

CB
    Please follow the rules and respect the opinions of others
    Interested in buying OOP metal Necromunda figures - Selling Painted Elysian Army, and other bits for 40K and terrain

Report continued.

With a damaged Wave Serpent and the Banshee's tying up the Land Raider the Space Marine Assault Squad and Chaplain bailed out.

However the Banshees and Wave Serpent did no damage and the Farseer inflicted one wound, so the Land Raider survived.

The Land Raider would back out of close combat and the Terminators continued to close. Other Marine Squads either moved to get line of sight or remained stationary and they all let loose with as much firepower as they could. Most of the Dire Avengers fell to this maelstrom, as they were the primary target of almost everything. What was not focused on the Dire Avengers was aimed at the heavily damaged Wave Serpent and it succumbed to accumulated damage.

The Assault Squad and Chaplin charged one of the much reduced Dire Avenger Squads and Guardians in the woods rather than take on Banshees.

This assault would likely decide the outcome as if the Marines were victorious they could control most objectives and have eliminated most of the Eldar troop choices.

More to come,

CB
    Interested in buying OOP metal Necromunda figures - Selling Painted Elysian Army, and other bits for 40K and terrain

So, the Land Raider backing out of close combat actually sealed the fate of the Marine Assault Squad. Clear for any friendly fire, the Fire Dragons made short work of the heavily damaged Land Raider and it freed up the Banshees to go after the Assault Squad.

It also meant that I was not worried about those Marines getting into my backfield and the Wraith Lord and Dark Reapers could focus their fire on the Terminators.

The Striking Scorpions finally reached the Marine Devastator Squad in the tower and the result was only a matter of time before they were eliminated and the objective in Eldar hands.

So all that was left was the mop-up.

There were still a few Marine squads and the odd lone model or character, fate was now firmly in the Eldar forces hands.

Next turn saw Fire Dragons get back in the Wave Serpent, the last of the Devastator squad fall, the Chaplin met Asurmen with the expected result, another tactical squad was eliminated as well as the last Terminator. The Marine player conceded defeat at that point.

Cheers,

CB

A break from Battle Reports with photos of my army in action.

Need to get back to painting.

Here is a work in progress on an OOP Eldar War Walker. This is the first edition - Rogue Trader version where the pilot was standing upright. This model was probably the one that interested me most in the Eldar army at the time...it was just so different from other walkers.

Now the base and weapons are obviously not the original square base or weapons as I am trying to integrate the model with my vehicles and support weapons. This models original weapons were a Las Cannon and Scatter Laser...now they will be two Shuriken Cannons with the option to swap them out with other Eldar hardware in the future.

The long painting war continues...

CB

Nice trip down memory lane looking through this thread thanks Captain

Thanks nitromors,

So I have pretty well finished the painting of the first model...had something happen with my blue and so far I have not done additional highlights as I ended up with this swirling pattern. What do people think, should I leave it as is?

CB

Brother Sergeant

I'd keep it as it is.

Looks a bit like a lava lamp.

Was that blue ink that was added?

Definitely keep it, maybe even accentuate it with edge highlights

Thanks CBC and nitromors,

Now I mentioned that my Asurmen had gone to have a bath is Simple Green. Here he is after coming out and being repainted. Still a work in progress as I need to do a back banner, do base work and add some runes.

Here is the WIP at about 2x normal size.

In his previous painted form I had streamers rather than a back-banner, due to regular breakage in transporting him I think I will go with the classic banner this time.

This is what he used to look like prior to streamers and Simple Green bath:

CB

Brother Sergeant

Captain Brown that is an improvement over the first time it was painted.

P

Thanks CBC.

I picked up two more of the Rogue Trader Eldar War Walkers. Gave them a bath of Simple Green and took them apart. They had been assembled and repaired and repainted several times before I acquired them.

If you use super glue to build your models and you find yourself using it as filler...just please do not do it. There are batter and stronger ways to fill gaps.

This one was actually lead and still had 20 year old flash in places.

Going to replace the Rogue Trader weapons with more current Eldar weapons so that my opponent knows what they are facing and will remount them on round bases.

CB

One thing that is a pain is assembling them with 5 minute epoxy, as the pieces fit each other quite well once I removed all the old super glue. Blue tac (now White tac) is a must. I also pinned all the joints and for the lead one, the feet as well...because at some time in it's life it lost the lead foot tab.

The brass pins also really helped holding the model upright.

Knowing how the pilot sits on the body was critical to getting the angle the legs join right.

More to come.

The modeling and painting war continues...

CB

It'll be nice to see those walkers strutting their stuff CB

Thank you nitromors,

OK, Walkers number two and three are assembled and primed.

CB

And I have added a banner to Asurmen and done the odd touch-up. At some point I might add to the loin cloth, but for now I will consider him finished.

CB

Finished a second War Walker.

Again the weapons are just held in with long brass pins, so I am painting up some alternatives.

CB

Another War Walker completed:

And the entire Squadron:

Next up is some alternative weapon loads.

CB

Get your custom title 'ere! SDKFZ's Avatar

Looking ace, CB Youre giving those old minis some justice.
    Keep at it !
    / SDKFZ

Thanks SDKFZ,

Here they are with three alternate weapons - Bright Lance or Star Cannon with a Shuriken Cannon.

Next up I will put in the Rogue Trader Weapons for nostalgic purposes.

CB

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast