Well then, new edition.

Ordered myself the new book (can't afford the box, plus I already have all the base bits, the nobs don't appeal, the black orcs I can cobble with my orcs and planned gobbos, and the star players, while nice, are a bit ott for me. The refs I'd like, but they'll have to be on the eBay list). Still planning to play Wood Elves next season, but now I've finished a few other projects (Gaslands crew, Rangers of Shadow Deep terrain and dragon hatchling, giant mecha-Hellboy for the board game...), I thought it'd be good to go back to some BB, and those Black Orcs have got me thinking about my old orcs...

Painted more than 20 years ago, before I had ever heard of a wash. Time for a repaint! Currently they are part stripped (2 players and both trolls to go), then we'll be on to cleaning mould lines and basing. Also dug out the extra guys I got to fill them out to full strength:

Keepin' it old skool. The runtherd I've wanted ever since I first started playing BB - I saw it in a photo in one of the books from 2nd edition 40k boxed set and thought "That is a perfect orc Blood Bowl coach." I have to Leonardo da Miragliano model for my human coach, gotta have a counterpart. Managed to track one down a couple of years ago, now's the time to finally complete that 20+ year old dream...