Thread: Covenant of the Remnants

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Veteran Sergeant

Covenant of the Remnants

I have not posted on Warseer for a long time and seeing as Warseer has been back for a while now I thought it would be rude not to start a thread here!

The will be my (sporadically updated) thread for the various Chaos minis I build and paint for my Chaos Crusade. The sister-thread, for the hated Imperial side of things, is over here: http://s3.zetaboards.com/The_Ammobun...pic/9018977/1/

The setting is my own pocket of Imperial Space that has been cut off from the outside in the Dark Imperium for 100 years:

I’ll post up the background for the vengeful Covenant forces later on, but first some minis

Pict Feed captured in M.41.11.63 on the Tyndareous, Northeastern Seaboard Theatre.

Left to Right:

L: Renegade Astartes (Black Legion) who arrived in system shortly after the outbreak of hostilities and left just as quickly, their mysterious objective completed.

M: Infidel Auxiliaries, human and mutant renegades who carried out the majority of the fighting and dying dirtside on Tyndareous

R: Drakoran Dragoons, human elites instrumental in the deactivation of the Tyndareous defence network and the destruction of the Northeastern Seaboard’s arsenals.

Re: Covenant of the Remnants

Welcome back Inquisitor Pariah.

Interesting background.

Cheers,

CB
    Please follow the rules and respect the opinions of others
    Interested in buying OOP metal Necromunda figures - Selling Metal and Plastic Bretonnians, Painted Elysian and Tau Armies, plus painted WFB Empire Units/Heroes and other bits for 40K and terrain

Veteran Sergeant

Welcome back Inquisitor Pariah.

Interesting background.

Cheers,

CB
    Cheers

I've made a start with the army and have some elite chaos troopers painted up. However, I have spent the most time on the real scumbags of the army - the Infidel Auxiliaries.

These units are a step above cultists, but only just

The minis are a motley lot from 20 years of gaming. There is one golden room for this army - 99% of it has to come out of my bits box rather than being bought (and being left a box for 20 years ... )

Veteran Sergeant

Been plugging away at my chaosmen:

I've been fully zeitgesty and did a zenith highlighted undercoat from black, through grey up to white. Then I used paints watered down with lamien medium 1-1 and did some quick highlights.

Need another spot colour and some base ideas though

Veteran Sergeant

Background for the Covenant and the forces of the Great Houses:

The Dragoons

They have greenstuffed gas masks, backpacks and insignia and are mostly finished (apart from their bases).

I wanted to represent really well equipped and organised chaos mortal troops - like the ones that feature in Dan Abnett's books. The Dragoons are the glory boys of the Crusade and are only too happy to allow lesser troops to be used as cannon fodder.

I have 12 painted up and plan to fill this out to two squads of 8 and a command squad of 5 these guys. Eventually they will be getting some fancy Chimeras and armoured support, hopefully underlining the differences between them and the Auxiliaries (the guys who look happy to have shoes in the previous posts!).

Get your custom title 'ere! DarthSte's Avatar

Great stuff! Keep it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypaspist View Post
    The Evil Darth Ste (or TEDS as all shall now call him!)

Veteran Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by DarthSte View Post
    Great stuff! Keep it up.
    Cheers! I need to get the background stuff down before I forget and the minis painted before I run out of steam

A little more progress on the Infidel Auxiliaries:

Veteran Sergeant

A bit more progress on the Infidel Auxiliaries:

They just need a touch of purple, an all over wash and highlighting up!

Veteran Sergeant

Long time no update!

My DKOK have been getting all the painting love over the last year and my rebel guard have been languishing sadly in a box. I dug them all out two months ago and have finished off all of the infantry models which I have currently built:

Infidel Auxiliary Platoon

Under trained and ill-equipped, Infidel units bear the brunt of most of the Covenant's fights.

This platoon, part of a defence detachment from 666th Auxiliary Regiment, wears a mixture of uniforms from Cadia pattern tunics and armour to ruffed Italliac bodygloves. Most of the helmets are surplus Korbach PDF helmets, probably requisitioned from PDF stores after the invasion.

Their personal weapons are a locally manufactured mix of Mars and Triplex pattern lasguns and autoguns

Bodily mutations are much in evidence

Infidel Auxiliary Heavy Weapons

Lacking the sophisticated portable heavy weapons of better-equipped units, Infidel units rely on cheaply produced or outdated support weapons. These are usually mounted on very heavy carriages and therefore much more useful in defensive operations. These weapons teams were incorporated in the perimeter which defence detachment held, often wheeled into bunkers and pillboxes

I've also got some ramshackle vehicles on the way - WIP at the moment:

Half tracks (counts as Taurox).

Inquisitor Pariah, I really like those auxiliary conversions! I did a double take when I realised you'd been using oooooold school Gretchin autoguns and muskets from Space Crusade!! They come together really nicely, I like the colours you have chosen too. The Dragoons also look promising, I look forward to duture pictures.

I can sympathise re. creating a force out of all your current bids, I've slowly cobbled together an infantry company of Imperial Guard the same way