Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: My Warhammer Quest.. Quest

Re: My Warhammer Quest.. Quest

Hasslefree does great barbarians and dwarves male and female also wizards Scibor also has a lot of really nice dwarves dontbreally know about their quality but I belief they only do Resin I tend to use GW elves for my original whq

i take it you didnt follow the first post or its link showing what i already have?
    the barbarian.....kitbased from 95% hasslefree wolf

these guys are good enough to get me started methinks..just need to repaint the bases for a more generic stone (my old bases were all orange stone for use in AHQ)

Quote Originally Posted by &mpersand View Post
    i do have a few questions i am hoping people can chime in with regarding a few other elements.
    • 4 Warrior cards - not yet created.

Are these even needed? i see a lot of resources around the internet with character sheets instead. is this a preferred method over the 'hero card' element? if so can anyone recommend a good character sheet?
    When i played the original you had both but not necessary. To play one off games the character card, to play long term player record sheet. The roleplay book has a record sheet on the back page which is below and my version for also including witch hunter and warrior priest assets. now warseer wont let me put up pdfs so these are screen captures.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture7.png 
Views:	97 
Size:	239.2 KB 
ID:	235049 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture8.png 
Views:	68 
Size:	141.0 KB 
ID:	235050

• 4 Battle level Cards - not yet created.

again all of this info appears to be in the manuals. is it needed to have a card with 5 battle levels on it?
    There's no need just check them when you come to it same for hazard tables rather than checking book i made quick ref sheets using the ones i liked ]

Name:	Picture4.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	154.1 KB 
ID:	235046 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture5.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	161.0 KB 
ID:	235047 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture6.jpg 
Size:	168.7 KB 
ID:	235048

• 4 Equipment cards- not yet created.

Are these even needed? just seems like useless chits if you use a character sheet. surely it would just be recorded on there?
    its entirely up to you i prefer to but i limit how much i can have

• Hero Tokens - not yet created.

I dont wish to recreate these in the traditional format. the original WHQ being very male orientated i wanted to leave this open to interpretation. maybe a symbol or something along those lines to represent the type as opposed to a solid picture of 1 character.
    again like you said just a symbol would do. or just put player one two three etc on counters and at beginning of each game roll D6 each, highest is 1 2 etc or if you know what models you are using, once painted take a pic and put them on counters

just need to repaint the bases for a more generic stone (my old bases were all orange stone for use in AHQ)

very nice am going to use clear plastic bases when i get around to mine

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    When i played the original you had both but not necessary. To play one off games the character card, to play long term player record sheet. The roleplay book has a record sheet on the back page which is below and my version for also including witch hunter and warrior priest assets. now warseer wont let me put up pdfs so these are screen captures.

Name:	Picture7.png 
Views:	97 
Size:	239.2 KB 
ID:	235049 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture8.png 
Size:	141.0 KB 
ID:	235050
    Of course!! having never played I am a little lacking in the 'fully clued up department'

There's no need just check them when you come to it same for hazard tables rather than checking book i made quick ref sheets using the ones i liked ]

Name:	Picture4.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	154.1 KB 
ID:	235046 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture5.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	161.0 KB 
ID:	235047 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture6.jpg 
Size:	168.7 KB 
ID:	235048

Nicely done. i think i'll work on getting the basics in place first. but those cards are pretty handy for sure

its entirely up to you i prefer to but i limit how much i can have
    I think i will stick to just putting this stuff on the character sheets for now just so i can get playing the game. and treat these as luxury items from later on

again like you said just a symbol would do. or just put player one two three etc on counters and at beginning of each game roll D6 each, highest is 1 2 etc or if you know what models you are using, once painted take a pic and put them on counters
    yeh i get what you are saying..it could really be anything. like in silver tower how the coloured dice represented each player..this could simply be any point of reference for random drawing.

very nice am going to use clear plastic bases when i get around to mine
    and finally...clear plastic bases? ive thought about this many times. as it removes any need for a themed base completely. however i do know they are an absolute pain in the a*se!
    dont work great with metal minis as the extra weight means they can pop off quite easy.
    and they do take a lot of precision glueing so not to frost up. for me it would also require a lot of repainting of feet
    but i wish you the best of luck and cant wait to see your results

btw..this forum..its a little bit quiet right? lol

i seem to be making some steady progress. knowing i already have a lot of painted up minis that just need a lot of work i have been able to some fully completed parts done the this project

• 1 Portcullis marker - already own lots of doors purchased from Zealot miniatures including 2 portcullis. just need to repaint the bases.

• 10 Dungeon Doorways - own many double doors from Zealot miniatures which ive already customized and painted up here i just need to repaint the bases.

I had 12 so did all 12.

So i'm hitting the ground running. doing what i can do first without having to spend any cash just yet.

the things i need to know a little more about though

• 1 Cave-in Marker - need high res, or create my own.

has anyone ever made a 3d version of this?

• 3 Pit of despair markers - need high res, or create my own.

not really fancying making this one..its pretty distinctive to the game so don't want to sway too far away from. is there a high res scan anywhere?

• 6 webbed counters - need high res, or create my own.

Going to create my own

• 15 power tokens - need high res, or create my own.

Going to create my own

• 10 Luck tokens - need high res, or create my own.

Going to create my own

• 18 Scenery markers - WHAT ARE THESE? does anyone have a list of what these should be?

i need a bit more on these. are these simply markers that are used for various scenarios?
    could i make 3d versions of these? and is there a list anywhere?

thanks in advance

A new WHQ log to pinch ideas from! Superb!

Some lovely stuff here, both the cards and the painting (I've done a similar conversion to the Wolf model as yours, though not quite as successfully).

Regarding the Scenery markers;

Fallen Stone
    Steps
    Dead Skeleton 1
    Dead Skeleton 2
    Metal Hatch with Chaos Symbol on
    Wooden Door Hatch
    Weapons Rack
    Pit trap spikes
    Dagger/Scroll/Coins
    Closed Chest x2
    Coffin with green smoke coming out x 2
    Open Chest with coins spilling out
    Well with rope coming out
    Barrel
    Green Slime (or web) - it's not very clear!

and the Portcullis card that fits in the door.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemonslave View Post
    A new WHQ log to pinch ideas from! Superb!

Some lovely stuff here, both the cards and the painting (I've done a similar conversion to the Wolf model as yours, though not quite as successfully).

Regarding the Scenery markers;

Fallen Stone
    Steps
    Dead Skeleton 1
    Dead Skeleton 2
    Metal Hatch with Chaos Symbol on
    Wooden Door Hatch
    Weapons Rack
    Pit trap spikes
    Dagger/Scroll/Coins
    Closed Chest x2
    Coffin with green smoke coming out x 2
    Open Chest with coins spilling out
    Well with rope coming out
    Barrel
    Green Slime (or web) - it's not very clear!

and the Portcullis card that fits in the door.

top man! thanks
    1 Fallen Stone
    2 Steps
    3 Dead Skeleton 1
    4 Dead Skeleton 2
    5 Metal Hatch with Chaos Symbol on
    6 Wooden Door Hatch
    7 Weapons Rack
    8 Pit trap spikes
    9 Dagger/Scroll/Coins
    10 Closed Chest x2
    11 Closed Chest x2
    12 Coffin with green smoke coming out x 2
    13 Coffin with green smoke coming out x 2
    14 Open Chest with coins spilling out
    15 Well with rope coming out
    16 Barrel
    17 Green Slime (or web) - it's not very clear!

are we missing one though? should the pit trap be x2?
    oh and feel free to take whatever you like from my stuff. all the various resources around the web has inspired me. i doubt youll see anything innovative lol
    Last edited by &mpersand; 17-04-2018 at 23:27.

and the Portcullis card

Ye I remembered the heroquest 4 heroes that barbarian is one off the best ever and I love the other 3 as well specially sinds you crafted them yourself makes it extra special

Quote Originally Posted by Daemonslave View Post
    and the Portcullis card
    maybe my itenary is incorrect? because it doesnt add up as i already have the portcullis card as a seperate entity

Quote Originally Posted by Easygrin View Post
    Ye I remembered the heroquest 4 heroes that barbarian is one off the best ever and I love the other 3 as well specially sinds you crafted them yourself makes it extra special
    well i may well do the same here. i just want to get up and running first. so utilising what i already have will at least get me up and running and playing the game. i kind of miss kitbashing and creating new things. so i am hoping at some point i will be able to add more characters.

ive also created a couple of the tokens afresh

Does anyone have the actual dimensions for these?

feel free to utilise if anyone needs them
    Last edited by &mpersand; 17-04-2018 at 20:52.

sorry can't see pic again door ways are nice

yeh i'm getting really annoyed with it in all honesty. i am having to recode the links to make them work each time i post. and it's not a strong point of mine

i have now decided that in order to maximise my costs i'm going to bundle as much stuff as possible into my printing. which means adding the 2 official expansions. all of the white dwarf addons. and maybe some fan made content as well.
    whilst laying out the dungeon tiles onto an A0 sheet ready for poster print. i realised i couldnt fit everything on, no matter how hard i tried. and moving over to a second poster size for the remainder left me with about 3/4 left to fill up.
    so i am currently looking around the web for other tiles to flesh that 2nd print out.

i will most likely have the same issues with the cards as well. so i'm just going to create everything i can and see where i land.
    i have updated the original post to track what i am doing...its probably a completely mental thing to do..but hey what the hell right?

...its probably a completely mental thing to do..but hey what the hell right?
    Welcome to the club lol

i have now decided that in order to maximise my costs i'm going to bundle as much stuff as possible into my printing. which means adding the 2 official expansions. all of the white dwarf addons. and maybe some fan made content as well.
    whilst laying out the dungeon tiles onto an A0 sheet ready for poster print. i realised i couldnt fit everything on, no matter how hard i tried. and moving over to a second poster size for the remainder left me with about 3/4 left to fill up.
    so i am currently looking around the web for other tiles to flesh that 2nd print out.
    Two really good sites;

https://www.eastern-empire.com/warhammer-quest-tiles/
    http://quests-of-legend.weebly.com/board-sections.html

I second them, they were both on here many moons ago

cheers.
    i am familiar with Sebs stuff both here and on his website. i infact utilised his gnoblar mash ups for some goblins of my own a while back.

i wasnt familiar with quests of legend though so thank you for that one. very handy resources indeed.
    i seem to be very heavily loaded with corridors and dungeon rooms and only 7 objective rooms though at the moment. as ive never played the game. i'm not sure how that is going to pan out just yet lol

managed to get a couple more things wrapped up this week.

finalising all of the base game prints ready to go

also wrapped up player tokens

The idea here is to go with a none descriptive design that fits with the theme of the game.
    infact i am stealing the idea from silver tower. each player using coloured dice that relate to their player colour. so you have a running theme from player to player, blue player, purple player etc.

these are currently ready to be printed at 45mm if anyone needs them feel free to take.

ive also created the catacombs of terror treasure cards ready for print

i'm planning that my first card print will be
    base game treasure cards =30
    CoT treasure cards = 12
    LotOL treasure cards = 8
    4 from from WD totalling upto a 54 card deck.
    so just need to finish the images on the orc lord expansion treasure cards images and i'm almost there.
    Last edited by &mpersand; 17-04-2018 at 20:53.

Looking brilliant Ampersand - man, we are so lucky to have ArtStation and access to all the Warhammer Online and Total War concept art - it has been a godsend for doing Tiles and cards

Massive project you have undertaken, I definitely admire the tweaks you made.

I havent been on Warseer for years, literally, so it is good to follow a big project like this again!
    [Eastern Empire] [The Scythes][Warhammer Quest]
    Tau, Marines and Warhammer Quest Adventures.

Quote Originally Posted by Shas'El Tael View Post
    Looking brilliant Ampersand - man, we are so lucky to have ArtStation and access to all the Warhammer Online and Total War concept art - it has been a godsend for doing Tiles and cards

Massive project you have undertaken, I definitely admire the tweaks you made.

I havent been on Warseer for years, literally, so it is good to follow a big project like this again!
    oh yeh it will literally be a case of beg steal and borrow to get this done. i think. although im seemingly having quite a few problems with image hosting via google images. which makes no sense as they show for me and in other browsers but not for other people!
    thats a little disheartening for sure..
    but regardless i'm plodding along and churning through the cards. it didnt make sense in the end to just do the base set as it wasnt cost effective enough regarding printing costs..so i want to get all of that done as soon as possible so i can move onto the cool stuff like creating mini's
    i still frequent your website. totally understand why so many drifted away from warseer. it feels a little like a baby deer taking its first steps with a big angry tiger waiting to take it down at any minute lol.
    its rather quiet. i'm beginning to think i might of taken the wrong path on trying to gather some community support. but my thanks do go out to the small few who have helped me thus far. (i'm sure my inability to put up pictures is rather frustrating) so thank you for your patience folks.
    Last edited by &mpersand; 18-04-2018 at 01:15.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast