Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 111

Thread: My Warhammer Quest.. Quest

  1. #41
    Chaplain Easygrin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    duiven
    Posts
    296

    Re: My Warhammer Quest.. Quest

    My pictures all come in sideways or upside down and mostly Richard reads and comments on it which i couldn't be happier about gives me lots of tips advice and inspiration. And makes up great new player character cards for just asking

  2. #42
    Veteran Sergeant &mpersand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    79

    Re: My Warhammer Quest.. Quest

    sideways is better than nothing right? hehe
    when i post no matter how much i double check the code. the images show for me. they show on my phone and another browser.
    but still people say they can't see them. so that whole image posting thing is getting a little sour with me at the moment. no matter how much i check its not enough lol

  3. #43
    Chapter Master Daemonslave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,757

    Re: My Warhammer Quest.. Quest

    I save everything on Imgur first. It's quite easy to create folders to separate stuff too.

  4. #44
    Veteran Sergeant &mpersand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    79

    Re: My Warhammer Quest.. Quest

    can anyone not see my photos? lol

  5. #45
    Chapter Master Daemonslave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,757

    Re: My Warhammer Quest.. Quest

    Yes, I can see them, but when you first put your luck tokens up, I could see them for a few hours, then they disappeared, and now I can see them again. Strange...

  6. #46
    Chapter Master Richard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Swansea
    Posts
    1,496

    Re: My Warhammer Quest.. Quest

    Quote Originally Posted by Daemonslave View Post
    but when you first put your luck tokens up, I could see them for a few hours, then they disappeared, and now I can see them again. Strange...
    I honestly couldn't see them first time you put post up just a circle with a line through no image i think it said then couple of days later its in plan view to see. can you upload them from computer instead rather than hosting via google images?

    tokens and treasure cards look great by the way

  7. #47
    Veteran Sergeant &mpersand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    79

    Re: My Warhammer Quest.. Quest

    hehe well maybe i might of finally got the code part locked down. thanks for clearing up guys. i may do 1 final test before i start posting all of the completed work up. just to make sure i have finally knocked the nail on the head!
    ive actually done a hell of a lot of graphics since i started this a couple of weeks back. and even painted up mini's too.

  8. #48
    Veteran Sergeant &mpersand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    79

    Re: My Warhammer Quest.. Quest

    ok little test.

    image 1


    image 2



    i think i have narrowed down what i need to do...just need someone to tell me if they can see either of those image?

    Thanks

  9. #49
    Chapter Master Daemonslave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,757

    Re: My Warhammer Quest.. Quest

    I can see them

    Nice job btw

  10. #50
    Veteran Sergeant &mpersand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    79

    Re: My Warhammer Quest.. Quest

    ok last test.

    picture 1


    picture 2



    either of these viewable?
    Last edited by &mpersand; 20-04-2018 at 17:09.

  11. #51
    Chapter Master Richard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Swansea
    Posts
    1,496

    Re: My Warhammer Quest.. Quest

    not yet give it a day or two

  12. #52
    Veteran Sergeant &mpersand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    79

    Re: My Warhammer Quest.. Quest

    Hmmm well i didn bothin different between the 2 posts...only difference?

    Transparency

    So maybe the forum struggles with 32 bit png files.
    Of note. I can see these on my mobile phone.

    However ive posted up png files with transparency already..

    The plot thickens!!

  13. #53
    Chapter Master Richard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Swansea
    Posts
    1,496

    Re: My Warhammer Quest.. Quest

    firstone up with ghouls skeles and vampire bats not second looks good thou

  14. #54
    Veteran Sergeant &mpersand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    79

    Re: My Warhammer Quest.. Quest

    OK i have nailed it i think.

    its not the url
    its not transparency
    it is...................
    google photos permisions!
    i have a shared folder that i upload to. but it doesnt share them unless i manually add them to the shared folder by selection!
    totally bizarre, but there you have it!

    OK
    you may notice that those newer monster cards have no pretty pictures on them? well its a conscious decision, where i have also gone back and removed all miniature images from the monster cards. i know it doesnt look as 'cool' but it does make it more flexible and i am no longer locked down to miniature specifics!
    this came about from choosing to use night goblins as the base set goblins but then only to discover they were also introduced in lair of the orc lord.
    so to avoid any collision or fanboy back lash i have simply made the option more generic. or less specific lets say.
    that way i can use any goblins i like!
    Last edited by &mpersand; 21-04-2018 at 01:05.

  15. #55
    Chapter Master Richard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Swansea
    Posts
    1,496

    Re: My Warhammer Quest.. Quest

    Quote Originally Posted by &mpersand View Post
    you may notice that those newer monster cards have no pretty pictures on them? well its a conscious decision, where i have also gone back and removed all miniature images from the monster cards. i know it doesnt look as 'cool' but it does make it more flexible and i am no longer locked down to miniature specifics!
    this came about from choosing to use night goblins as the base set goblins but then only to discover they were also introduced in lair of the orc lord.
    so to avoid any collision or fanboy back lash i have simply made the option more generic. or less specific lets say.
    that way i can use any goblins i like!
    That's the best way mate, at least i'm doing it like that and had no complaints. i also decided to not use images as its alot easier to move around model companies. i'm using SDE models with my kids and mainly going forward using Zombicide and Massive Darkness miniatures. it also makes more roleplay by no images so with the descriptive part of the text the person visualises the idea of a fireball, the crackling embers from the flame, the heat radiating from the centre. Held in the hand of a bright wizard his eyes ablaze his anger transformed into a living weapon before it is slung at a cluster of goblins about to make attempted charge at the wound warrior priest. etc etc

  16. #56
    Veteran Sergeant &mpersand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    79

    Re: My Warhammer Quest.. Quest

    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    That's the best way mate, at least i'm doing it like that and had no complaints. i also decided to not use images as its alot easier to move around model companies. i'm using SDE models with my kids and mainly going forward using Zombicide and Massive Darkness miniatures. it also makes more roleplay by no images so with the descriptive part of the text the person visualises the idea of a fireball, the crackling embers from the flame, the heat radiating from the centre. Held in the hand of a bright wizard his eyes ablaze his anger transformed into a living weapon before it is slung at a cluster of goblins about to make attempted charge at the wound warrior priest. etc etc
    well that was the plan..with exception of the treasure cards of course. ive done way too many of those to go back and change now, plus they dont have specific models..so im not locked down anyways!
    win win!

    anyways time to attempt to get all of this rolling. i have finally wrapped up 2 A0 poster sized images ready to be sent off to the printers




    hopefully i have everything down. only things i couldnt seem to find any images of was the catacombs counters from the catacombs of terror explansion..i'm guessing they cant be that important. and if they turn up at a later date i can just get printed at my local printers

    i'm also painting up some models as we speak and hope to get the cooler images rolling at some point this week.
    Last edited by &mpersand; 23-04-2018 at 23:04.

  17. #57

    Re: My Warhammer Quest.. Quest

    Mother of god.. 8O wow hahaha. Impressive man. Look forward to the results!

    All humble seeing you have included someo of my work there too. Thank you.

    Now lets see those miniatures!

    (PS. I've seen all images in the thread)
    [Eastern Empire] [The Scythes][Warhammer Quest]
    Tau, Marines and Warhammer Quest Adventures.


  18. #58
    Veteran Sergeant &mpersand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    79

    Re: My Warhammer Quest.. Quest

    Quote Originally Posted by Shas'El Tael View Post
    Mother of god.. 8O wow hahaha. Impressive man. Look forward to the results!
    All humble seeing you have included someo of my work there too. Thank you.
    Now lets see those miniatures!
    (PS. I've seen all images in the thread)
    well you made some pretty cool tiles to choose from. and i also needed to flesh out my print areas with more content in order to maximise my printing costs. your stuff seemed like a pretty good option. so top man for creating and sharing
    now lets see those miniatures!
    the irony that i actually took some photos this morning as well!

    goblins with spears..which oddly were inspired by your own goblins a few years back (gnoblar, goblin, night goblin mashups) so the weird coincidence i am responding to your post with something i clearly stole from you!
    sorry looted from your dungeon!




    as i had made these a long while back it suddenly struck me that as well as looking great...i didnt use them at all so all i needed to do was lop off the weapons and throw some spears in!



    and create 1 more. as i only had 5 done from previous


  19. #59

    Re: My Warhammer Quest.. Quest

    Oh man, they look so good - its great seeing more folks doing goblins and no issues from me, all about the inspiration and idea sharing

    I really need to finish my archers - but the classic spear weilding gobbo? Timeless

    I'll be releasing an entire Khemri themed set shortly - will give you guys heads up.

    May I ask you Greenskin recipe?

    Thanks! - Seb
    [Eastern Empire] [The Scythes][Warhammer Quest]
    Tau, Marines and Warhammer Quest Adventures.


  20. #60
    Veteran Sergeant &mpersand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    79

    Re: My Warhammer Quest.. Quest

    nice one yeh. was good to finally put those gobbos to some good use. how on earth do you manage to get so many bitz to do all of those kitbashes? haha
    anyways skin is pretty bog standard really

    base -death world forest
    wash - Athonian camoshade
    1st highlight - Death world forest
    2nd highlight - strakken green
    final highlight - ogryn camo & strakken green mix

    i simply mix upto each colour between the highlight. so the first highlight has a little strakken green adding and working out from recesses until topmost parts are 100% strakken green
    final highlight is purely based on how contrasting you want your final highlights (sharp edges etc) to be. more contrast = more ogryn camo.

    i should really of put some colour for the ear tips nose and lips. but it wasnt until after taking the pictures that i realised i had forgotten

    hope that helps anyways.

    oh and your objective rooms you made..were they for any particular ruleset?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •